The speech

Unexpected

”Jimin!” Minseok came running to Jimin while he was sitting on a bench in the schoolyard.

”Have you seen Hoseok?” he asked.

 

”He just left here to prepare for the talent show”

 

”Oh...” Minseok sat next to him,

 

”I didn't get to wish him good luck for the the speech”

 

”Don't worry, I wished him good luck from both of us”

 

”Thanks hyung” Minseok smiled to Jimin and he smiled back.

 

”Was he nervous?”

 

”Hoseok? Does he even know what that word mean?” Minseok laughed at Jimin's words.

 

”Well he was a bit. But I think he mostly seemed exctited”

 

”I'm really happy for him. I mean he's always wanted to hold a speech” Minseok said.

 

”Yeah me too” They sat there for a while and then left to the gym hall where the talent show would take place. When they arrived there it was already full of people.

 

”Oh look the whole school is really here” Minseok looked around shyly. He always got a little tense in places like this that had a lot of people in them. They found seats around the middle row and sat down. After everyone had gotten in the show started.

 

”Welcome everyone to our high school's very own talent show!” the host was a senior boy with a wide smile and loud voice.

 

”Today we have many brave sophmores here to present their talents to you. I hope you enjoy the show! First we have a girl named Chorong and she is going to sing...” The show went on and they saw various perfoms some of them really good and some of them...well not so good. Luckily people still cheered for all of them because wasn't that the meaning of this show; to not to be perfect but to have the courage to go up there and do your thing. At the time they were watching a boy who did tricks with juggling balls. Unfortunately he failed to catch them when he was doing a certain trick and they fell on the ground.

 

”Boo! This , what a loser!” came a shout from the back row. The juggler-boy got really upset and he ran out of the stage with tears in his eyes. Jimin felt so bad for him. He turned angrily to look at the person who had shouted such mean words to the boy. There sat the notorious group of boys and they were all laughing. It seemed that it was Rap monster who had shouted earlier because Jin was banging him on the back and saying ”A good one, a good one...”. Jimin narrowed his eyes. Suprisingly he didn't see Jungkook there, it was only the four of them.

 

”Who said that?” The headmaster had gotten up and watched the crowd angrily. But when he saw who everyone was looking at he's face went pale. He turned to the host and gestured him to go forward.

 

”Uh- yeah...right, w-well we-we'll just continue” The host glanced to the back row nervously,

”And then we'll have a girl named...”

”I can't believe this!” Jimin said stunned and angry,

”They just let it go like that, how could they? That was so rude and inaproppriate!”

”Yeah, that boy was crying” Minseok turned to look at Jimin.

”I-it seems to be true t-then what Jisoo told us about this school” he said fear evident in his voice,

”T-that they can do anything they want and won't get punished for it...”

”It does seem so...” Jimin was sad to see that it had been true,

”But don't worry, they don't know us and we'll just keep out of their way” He had decided that the past wouldn't repeat itself. They were going to have a peaceful school life this time and even those bullies back there wouldn't be able to take it from them.

”And next ladies and gentleman we have a young man named Jung Hoseok...” Jimin and Minseok sat up and looked at each other exitedly.

”...and he's going to amaze us with his verbal skills when he speaks about the rights of ual minorities. He describes himself as an charismatic and impressive orator who is going to leave us all speechless” Some of the audience laughed amused.

”Oh he is so modest...” Jimin shaked his head laughing.

”Here he is, Jung Hoseok!” Jimin and Minseok clapped loudly when Hoseok emerged behind the curtain and walked to the speaker's booth head held high.

”Thank you, thank you everyone...” He spoke to the mic while nodding ceremoniously to the crowd. When he found Jimin and Minseok he smiled exitedly at them and they smiled back. Jimin raised his thumbs to wish him good luck.

”Today I'm going to talk you about a topic called the rights of ual minorities. It has been a lot on the surface recently and...” Hoseok's speech went really well. He had good arguments and if he was even a bit nervous, it didn't show at all. Jimin even saw the headmaster nodding contenlty few times while listening to Hoseok.

”He is doing so well!” Jimin happily elbowed Minseok softly on the side. It was almost the end of Hoseok's speech when everything started to go downhill.

”And in conclusion, I strongly believe that...” Hoseok's speech was interrupted when there was a loud bang and the door of the gym hall flew open. Everyone turned to look at the door. There with his school uniform thrown over his shoulder stood no one else than Jeon Jungkook. He banged the door close and walked across the floor like nothing had happened up to the back row. Everyone watched him in silence. He dropped down on the place next to Suga, rested his head against the back of his seat and closed his eyes. After a while of continued silence the headmaster gestured again to the host and he cleared his throat.

”Krhm...uh yeah, umm Jung Hoseok please continue with your speech” he nodded Hoseok to carry on. Only that Hoseok wasn't paying any attention to the host anymore. He was staring at the back row with his eyes narrowed and face red with anger.

”Oh no...” Minseok inhaled sharply.

”Please just let it go” Jimin prayed.

”Hoseok, Jung Hoseok! Please continue with your speech” The host said again. This time Hoseok heard him and averted his eyes from the back row.

”Oh yeah... now where was I...” Jimin and Minseok released their breaths they didn't realize they were holding.

”Oh yes! I was just about to end my speech with the words...what were they again?” Hoseok pretended to scratch his head in wonder,

”WELL I CAN'T REMEMBER THEM ANYMORE! Why? Because some idiot just walked in as I was going to have my big finale!” Hoseok didn't need the mic anymore because he was shouting as loud as possible.

”Oh god” Jimin burried his head in his hands.

”No manners! No respect! I can't believe you let some arrogant spoiled rich kid to run this school just because you fear that his daddy will fire you!”

”Well that doesn't have to be the case anymore! Me, Jung Hoseok, am going to start collecting names to a petition about expelling that-” Hoseok pointed towards Jungkook,

”-from this school! And my two best friends Park Jimin and Kim Minseok over there on the middle row-” Hoseok pointed at them while they tried to shrink as small as possible when everyone turned to look at them.

”-are going to help me because we stand together! And so can we all do and release this school from the evil! Join with me everyone, school revolution! School revolution! School...” Hoseok tried to get everyine to join him in the chant but students and teachers just watched him with horror. The scene ended with two male teachers quickly dragging Hoseok away from the stage.

”Now wasn't that...uh something...well, I'm sure that mister Jung there didn't literally mean anything he was just saying, the nerves probably just took over, heh heh...” the host tried to correct the the situation while glancing in the the back row.

”...but let's just continue. Next we have...” But Jimin wasn't listening anymore. He and Minseok sat there bodies frozen in horror. Jimin hadn't had the courage to look at the reaction of the boys behind him. Only he didn't have to do that because he felt their gazes on him. Particularly he felt that there were two dark eyes piercing trough his back...

Hello:) Jej I have seven subscribers, thanks for that and for a comment! Oh poor Jimin and Minseok, Hoseok just lost it completely because his speech was interrupted...^^ They didn't meet yet but soon they will. I've been able to update really quickly now but I'm gonna be busier in the future but I still try to update regularly. Tell me what you thought of the chapter^^ It was quite dramatic ;)