That was close

Unexpected

It was the first day of highschool when Jimin was sitting in the cafeteria having lunch with his friends. He chewed on his food and looked around. The dining hall was full of people. Jimin felt nervous about starting in a new shcool but also happy because this could be a new start. He and his friends were considered sort of losers in middle school and they were bullied by the popular kids. But he had decided that these following years in highschool were going to be different. He is going to blend in the crowd and not get into the bad side of popular kids. He's going to focus on studying and have fun with his two best friends. Actually they were the only friends he's got but he was lucky to have them. It would have been awful without them in his previous school. Jimin looked on his right at his friend Minseok who was staring at his plate and poking his food.

 

”You ok?” Jimin asked kindly. Minseok glanced at him guickly and then returned his gaze back to his food mumbling something about being very nervous. Jimin nodded understandingly and patted his friend on the back.

 

”I am as well but don't worry I think it's only natural because starting highschool is a big thing for everyone. I am sure we are not the only one being tense about this” his friend gave Jimin a small smile thanked him for comforting words. Minseok really was one of the kindest people he had ever met and truly a great friend. He had only one big weakness and that was that he was painfully shy. When they had first met and become friends Minseok couldn't even look at Jimin in the eye. Later when they had been in middle school Minseok could be comfortably in his presence. He however feared other people so much that he would hid behind Jimin's back if someone tried to talk to him. Minseok had become a little braver as years passed but he was still quite shy.

 

”Well I am not feeling like that at all. Same sort of rotten hierarchy-based institute this probably is as was middle school, let me tell you that” came a brisk voice from the left side of Jimin. There with straight posture sat his other friend Hoseok. He was stuffing food in his mouth and looking confidently around the cafeteria. Hoseok was the complete opposite of Minseok. He was loud, keen and very strong-opinionated. Jimin just wished that his eagerness would have been directed in a different way. This self-declared school's equality fighter had taken it in his own hands to fight against all the wrongdoings happening around him. In middle school he had annoyed the popular kids so much that it had resulted him being considered the lowest of lowest in the school's hierarchy and getting bullied. This of course meant that Jimin and Minseok suffered the same treatment because they were his friends. Hoseok even got beaten up a couple of times but none of this managed to lower his spirits at all. Instead he just seemed get more exited about it. He had started campaigns and petitions against school bullying and even tried to hold demonstrations in the school yard. Unfortunately it often ended with him only getting a warning from the school's headmaster for distracting the school's atmosphere. And of course Jimin and Minseok would get a warning too because they had been the only one's Hoseok had managed to get to sign the petitions and stand with him in the demonstrations.

 

”But don't worry my friends I am here to protect you” Hoseok continued,

 

”I have come up with an exellent plan to bring down all the bullies slash popular kids and fill this place with the fresh breeze of equality” Jimin groaned and Minseok looked at Hoseok with a horrified expression.

 

”Hoseok! Don't you remember anything we talked about yesterday? No more equality- campaigns in this school. We don't want to get bullied again” They had sat Hoseak down yesterday and given him a serious talking-to. He had finally agreed to try to act normally in highschool and not trying to collect petitions etc., to prevent them getting the same treatment they had received in their previous school.

 

”What? Oh yeah that...but are you saying we should just watch if something unfair happens to someone?”

 

”No” Jimin said calmly.

 

”If we see bullying we're going go to principal's office and tell him about what happened. That way we stay safe and anonymous but still manage to help ”

 

”Hah like that's going to do any good. If the teachers are anything like they were in middle school they''ll just going to shrug it off and make up some exuse that it wasn't bullying. They don't care. Whereas going to the scene by yourself will...”

 

”Hoseok” Jimin said sternly.

 

”We've been trough this. I know it was unfair of teachers to act that way but we really want to have a peaceful school life this time. You promised to us yesterday” he said looking at his friend. Hoseok looked petulant for a moment but nodded then. Jimin smiled.

 

”Perhaps there won't even be ”popular” and ”unpopular” kids in this school” Minseok said hopefully,

 

”Maybe people are friendly to each other and no one gets bullied”

 

”I'll doubt that” said a girl who was sitting next to Minseok and had overheard them,

 

”I heard from my brother who went to this school that there are some pretty horrible kids in the year above us. Last year they were considered the kings of this school altough they were only first years. There's a rumour that they belong to a gang and that they do criminal stuff in their free time” She told them.

 

”R-r-eally?” Minseok looked like he was about to faint.

 

”Is that so!? Hoseok sat up and fixed his gaze on the girl.

 

”What are their names? Have they bullied people? Do you...”

 

”Hoseok!” Jimin looked his friend with a stern look.

 

”Remember our deal” he said while Minseoks back soothingly.

 

”Those might be just rumours. I mean sure the teachers will make sure that there won't happen any bullying in here...”

 

”Oh they don't care” The girl said fervently,

 

”The leader of that group is the son of a very wealthy bussiness man who basically pays for this school with his big donations. That's why they never get in any trouble for what they do because the teachers fear they'll lose their jobs if they act upon them. I really wish i won't get on their bad side” the girl finished and looked around fearfully.

 

”Oh god” Minseok said and burried his his head in his hands. Jimin was horrified of what he had just heard, he so had wished for this school to be a good one.

 

”Oh that's so messed up! This won't do!” Hoseok slammed his fork down and looked around as if to see where the bad boys were.

 

”Speaking of which...” The girl pointed at the door of the cafeteria. There stood group of boys in school uniforms.

 

”D-don't tell those are them...” Jimin whispered to the girl.

 

”Yes they are. My brother showed me their year book...those are deffinetly them”

 

Suddenly the whole cafeteria went quiet. Well, except Hoseok who didn't notice anything because he was still ranting about the unfairness of the school's situation. All the eyes were glued to the door. The boys started walking trough the cafeteria while everyone continued to stare at them. When they were nearing Jimin's and his friends table he realized that Hoseok was still talking loudly about the boys that were coming closer and closer. Jimin panicked. He quickly grabbed Hoseoks fork and shoved it under the table.

 

”Hoseok! Your fork dropped on the floor” Jimin said to his friend hastily.

 

”Oh...” Hoseok who hadn't notice what jimin had done stopped talking and looked down. It was the perfect timing because just as Hoseok dived under the table to get his fork the boys walked past their table and continued to the back of the dining hall. They walked up to a table next to a window (the best place in the cafeteria). Some new students who had been sitting there sensed their powerful aura and got up quicly to let them on the seats. One of the firstyears had obviously taken too much time to get up because one of the boys grabbed him by the collar and shoved him away from the seat. They sat down on the table and soon the dining hall filled with it's usual chatting and other sounds.

 

”Found it!” Hoseok emerged under the table with his fork in his hand. Jimin sighed in relief.

 

”Now where was I..oh yeah! I strongly believe that there is some sort of law that is made considering teachers treating stundents unfairly, I mean we could...”Hoseok enthusiastically continued his ranting. Minseok and Jimin looked at each other desperately. This year was not going to be good after all...