Chapter 2

Unplanned Marriage

“My mom is a bit sharp-tongue. I hope you won’t take anything she say seriously,” said Dujun when they are finally arrived at the Yoon mansion.

“Ha! Don’t worry about my dad. He’s a funny and a cool person,” added Dujun.

“Dujun-ah, do we really need to meet your mother tonight?” asked Junhyung.

“Eoh? Why? Are you scare?” grins Dujun innocently. Junhyung rolls his eyes.

“Of course I am. I’m meeting my in-laws?” Junhyung mutters the last word softly but it didn’t go passed Dujun hearing.

“So you acknowledge of being my groom-to-be?” teases Dujun. Junhyung unconsciously pouts and it makes Dujun smile wider. Dujun reaches for Junhyung hand and hold it tight.

“Don’t worry. I’m not using you. I really want to marry you and I really want us to make this soon to be real relationship work,” Dujun smiles, assuring the nervous looking Junhyung. Somehow, it does made wonder to Junhyung nervousness.

“I hope you will lead the way. I will play along with whatever you have in mind,” says Junhyung. Dujun nodded his head.

“Let’s go. Mom is waiting for us. And I bet dad also here too, by looking at the number of the cars right now,” utters Dujun. Both of them nervously walk inside the mansion, hoping that everything will be fine. They enter the house with hands intertwine together, clasping tightly.

 

*****

“I’m home!” Dujun announces his arrival. The maid who happened to be close to the main door bows slightly to him.

“Welcome home, Young Master. Mr. and Mrs. Yoon are waiting for you at the common lounge,” informs the maid. After thanking the maid, both Junhyung and Dujun are on their way to the said common lounge.

“Finally you are here. I thought you are going to run away forever,” says Mrs. Yoon.

“Run from my problem is not my way, mom,” retorts Dujun. Junhyung stays immobile beside Dujun because he can feel something like evil vibes from Dujun mother.

“And who is this young man? Your substitute groom?” smirks Mrs. Yoon. It would be a lie if Junhyung doesn’t get affected with such statement but with Dujun encouraging squeeze on his hand, he tries to not get affected.

“He is Yong Junhyung. He will be my groom and it is final. We are going to marry this Saturday, just like you had planned. But the only difference is Junhyung is my groom, not the bride,” said Dujun. Mrs. Yoon eyes Junhyung from head to toe and he was obviously uncomfortable with such attention.

“I like you,” mutters Mrs. Yoon and it does make Junhyung shoot his head up, eyes meeting with Mrs. Yoon’s pair of eyes.

“I hope my son won’t bully you. Even though you look scary but you are a nice person in the inside. I have no objection with you to be my son-in-law,” said Mrs. Yoon and she gives Junhyung a welcoming hug.

“Welcome to the family, son. I’m sorry for my rudeness just now,” she added.

“Neh? Aniyo, it’s okay. I didn’t take it into heart anyway,” replies Junhyung. Dujun also looks shock with the sudden turn of table.

“Mom, you are not mad, aren’t you?” Dujun asks his mother.

“How can I be mad when he is just too cute for a man? I think he deserves someone better than you,” said Mrs. Yoon.

“Mom! How can you say that? I’m the one who will marry him,” whines Dujun. Junhyung was taken aback because Dujun was incredibly whinny, for a handsome man like him.

“Stop whining. You are not 5 years old anymore,” nagged Mrs. Yoon. Dujun pouts.

“Junhyung-ah, I’m so sorry because you have to get involve with this mess. I can’t promise you happiness but I do hope you will work everything out with my son,” smiled Mrs. Yoon.

“You don’t have to be sorry. I’m the one who agreed to be Dujun groom so you don’t have to be sorry. In fact, I am the one who should be sorry because I’m not your chosen in-law,” utters Junhyung. Dujun secretly smiles to Junhyung braveness. He somehow feels a lot of adoration towards Junhyung.

“Don’t say something like that. I believe the Heaven has it best plan. Let’s have faith, okay?” smiles Mrs. Yoon. Junhyung nods.

“Mom, where is dad? I saw his car though,” Dujun asks.

“I’m here. Why? Are you missing me?” grins Mr. Yoon.

“Dad!” Dujun went to hug his dad.

“Dad, this is Junhyung. I will marry him this Saturday,” Dujun introduces Junhyung to his father.

“Annyeonghaseyo. I’m Yong Junhyung,” Junhyung bows politely.

“You don’t have to be so formal, son. Just call me dad, just like Dujun did,” says Mr. Yoon while patting Junhyung shoulder. Suddenly, Junhyung feels the longing feeling for his father but he tries to conceal it with smiling.

“Neh, dad. It’s good to meet you,” says Junhyung.

“And you must call me mom, just like Dujun did, okay?” added Mrs. Yoon. Junhyung nodded.

“Mom, dad. I’m going to send Junhyung home. It’s quite late,” says Dujun. Both Mr. and Mrs. Yoon agree but Mrs. Yoon handed Junhyung a file that contain his wedding itinerary.

“What is this?” Junhyung blurts out.

“Your itinerary for your wedding. Don’t worry, Dujun also has one and I believe he hasn’t even looking at it yet,” says Mrs. Yoon. Both Junhyung and Dujun are speechless.

 

*****

“I’m sorry. I really didn’t know mom would really do itinerary like that,” says Dujun. They are on their way back to Junhyung place.

“After I looked at it, seems like your wedding will be the ‘Wedding of the Year’,”

“Yahh, are you mocking me?”

“Maybe,” Junhyung shrugs.

“Are you okay with all of it?” asks Dujun carefully.

“If that will make your parents happy then I’m okay with it,” replies Junhyung. Dujun sighs.

“I’m sorry for taking you into this trouble,” utters Dujun. Junhyung glances at Dujun for a moment then later he glances back to the side, looking at distant.

“I don’t know why I’m agreeing with this wedding but I hope you are sincere with me. I have no one else in this world and somehow, I’m putting my faith on you,” says Junhyung.

“We will make this marriage work, I can assure you,” Dujun reaches for Junhyung hand and clasp it with his. After some minutes, they reach Junhyung apartment complex.

“You live here?” Dujun asks. Junhyung nods.

“Seems like you really make a lot of money,” teases Dujun. Junhyung glared at him.

“You have to pick me up tomorrow. My car is at your place,” Junhyung reminds the fact to Dujun.

“Don’t worry, I’ll fetch you tomorrow. Plus, we have to go for our tuxedo fitting,” says Dujun.

“Okay. I’m going up first. Let see each other again tomorrow. Good night, Dujun,”

“Junhyung! Can I have your phone number?” asks Dujun. Junhyung stares at him for a few moments.

“Your phone,” says Junhyung.

“Huh?”

“Give me your phone,” and Dujun gives Junhyung his phone. After tapping here and there, Junhyung hands back the phone to Dujun.

“It’s Junnie. See you tomorrow,” says Junhyung before he walks away. One thing for sure, Dujun did saw a faint blush that covers Junhyung not-so-chubby cheeks. And it makes Dujun smiles too.

 

*****

Junhyung was lying on his bed, staring at the ceiling. After freshen up himself with a long shower, he cocooned himself in his blanket and thinking about what had happen earlier of the day. He was waiting at the traffic light, Dujun suddenly hopped on his car, he drove to the beach, Dujun sudden proposal, meeting with his soon-to-be parents-in-laws and will be married on by the end of the weeked. So many life changing thing that happen to him in just a day. He still couldn’t believe that he accepted Dujun proposal – even though it is not a romantic proposal at all – and he even met with his parents-in-laws. Early in the morning he was just a man that try to heal his broken heart and by the evening, he was taken. Thinking about healing his own heart, Junhyung still has not tell Dujun one secret. When Junhyung was so deep in thought, there is a notification pop up on his phone, notifying a new chat has come.

 

From : Unknown

Hi Junnie! I’m your husband-to-be, lol. I’m Dujun. Just wanna check either you give me the valid number or not. ^^

Good night, have a good sleep. See you tomorrow, cutie. >_@

 

“He is really bad at acting cute,” mumbles Junhyung before he saves Dujun number.

 

To : Dujunie

Stop trying to be a cutie. It doesn’t suit you. :P

Don’t forget to pick me tomorrow. Before we go to the fitting session, I want to bring you somewhere and no excuses. And good night too!

 

Junhyung taps the send button. He heaves a sigh.

“Umma, Appa. I hope I’ve made the right choice. If Dujun is really destined for me, please help me to love him. And please give your blessing for us,” Junhyung prays to the night breeze. Soon after, he fell asleep.

 

=================================================================================================================

updated ! ^^

18th November 2016, Friday, 1844