Chapter 1

Unplanned Marriage

“Yoon Doojoon!” a cold voice spread around Dujun office. Dujun froze.

“Mom!”

“What are you doing here? Aren’t you supposed to go find someone who you will marry this weekend?” asked Mrs. Yoon with sarcasm.

“Ughhhh! Mom! Can we just cancel this wedding? I don’t think I want to get marry anymore,” said Dujun.

“No you can’t dear. Invitations are already sent out and there is no withdrawal. I don’t care whether you will bring a man or a girl as long as the wedding is on, I’ll give my blessing,” said Mrs. Yoon. Dujun groaned in frustration. His mother surely had a stone head.

“But mom,” whined Dujun.

“No buts! You are not allowed to be in the office until the wedding day. Now go! Find your bride or groom!” urged Mrs. Yoon.

“I hate you, mom,” muttered Dujun.

 

Junhyung is in his car, waiting for the traffic light to turn into green when a stranger barge into his passenger seat.

“What the hell?!!” shouted Junhyung, out of fear.

“I’m not a bad person. It just I need to run from something. Now drive!” said the man and Junhyung instantly step on the pedal hard, almost crushing the car in front.

“I’m Dujun. Just keep driving. I’ll keep an eye on them,” said Dujun while keep looking at back, checking on his mother bodyguard.

“Why are you running away?” asked Junhyung.

“I have to if I want to stay alive,” replied Dujun.

“What? Are they loan shark? Why are they after you?”

“Look, they are my mom bodyguard. I’m positive my mom asked them to guard me so that I won’t run away from my wedding this Saturday,” explained Dujun.

“Uh? Why? You don’t want to get married?” asked Junhyung, still finding the logic of Dujun’s story.

“No. I mean yes I want to marry but not this Saturday. My ex-bride-to-be just broke up with me last weekend,” said Dujun.

“I’m sorry about that. But why your mom still wants the wedding to happen?”

“I’m the only heir and my mom wants me to marry first before she hands me the company. And you know, people with high social status will never want to be humiliated,” sighed Dujun.

“I’m sorry but where are we going?” asked Junhyung, unsure.

“Just drive to anywhere. I just need some breakthrough from all of these mess. Don’t worry, I’ll pay for your gas later,” said Dujun. Not long after that, Junhyung hears a soft snores and the man named Dujun already fall asleep in his car.

 

“Hey~ Dujun-ssi~ Wake up,” Junhyung shakes Dujun body softly.

“Just five more minutes,” whines Dujun. Junhyung sighs.

“Dujun-ah! Wake up! We are here already,” said Junhyung.

“Where are we?” asked Dujun, eyes still heavy from sleepiness.

“We are at the beach,” replied Junhyung.

“Beach? You seriously drove this far?” asked Dujun, completely awake.

“Yes. Now let’s get out. I’m tired from the long drive,” said Junhyung and excuse himself from the car. Dujun follow suits.

“Hey~ Wait for me,” said Dujun when Junhyung already walks quite a distance from him. “What is your name?” added Dujun.

“Junhyung,”

“You don’t work today?” asked Dujun.

“I’m a song writer so my work time is flexible,” shrugged Junhyung. He already starts strolling along the beach, with Dujun tagging along.

“I’m sorry for troubling you,” said Dujun sincerely.

“It’s okay. You just need someone to accompany you,” utters Junhyung.

“Thank you then,” said Dujun.

“Uh?”

“Thanks for accompanying me, out of this mess even though it just for a little while,” said Dujun. Junhyung nodded his head.

“You always come here?” asked Dujun when both of them are silent for a moment.

“Sometimes. When I want to find some inspirations, when I need to rest myself,”

“You looks familiar with this place,” comments Dujun when Junhyung expertly find a trail that will give the best sea view.

“Maybe because I’m always here since I’m young?” chuckled Junhyung softly but the glints of sadness in his eyes didn’t pass Dujun sharp eyes.

“Hey, are you okay?” asked Dujun.

“I’m okay,” said Junhyung.

“Okay then. Where are you living? Your parents?” asked Dujun, trying to make Junhyung happy. He doesn’t even know why he cares for the latter but he really dislikes the sadness in Junhyung eyes.

“I live alone. My parents already died in some sort of accident years ago,”

“Oh crap! I just make you feel even more sad! I’m sorry,” said Dujun. Junhyung chuckles to see the panic face of Dujun.

“Chill. There’s nothing to be sorry. It’s already been years. Since I’m still a kid,” said Junhyung. Dujun just nodded. Both of them walk in silence but they really enjoy each other company.

“Junhyung-ah, will you be my groom?” asked Dujun out of the blue.

“What?!!” Junhyung does not know how to respond.

“I know this is so sudden but will you?” Dujun asked carefully.

“But why?”

“To be honest, I don’t know either but I feel this is so right. I really want to marry you,” said Dujun sincerely. Junhyung was beyond confused. He just met this man, named Doojoon and now the said man wants to make him as his spouse?

“Am I becoming the substitute groom now?” Junhyung sarcastically asked.

“I’m not thinking that way. By looking at you, I just want to protect you from any harm. Maybe we can get our relationship work?” said Dujun. Junnyung heave a heavy sigh.

“Okay. I will be your groom,” said Junhyung. A smile slowly makes a way to Dujun face.

“Thank you, Junhyung! Thank you! Let’s go home. I’ll introduce you to my family,” said Dujun and practically dragged the still stun Junhyung.

=================================================================================================================

first chapter posted ! ^^

18th November 2016, Friday, 0023