#29 planning for the future

30 Days in December [ sekai advent calendar 2016 ]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

PLANNING FOR THE FUTURE

 

“How many kids do you want?”

Jongin looks up from the sink with his toothbrush in mouth over at Sehun who is towel drying his hair. The question catches him off guard because it comes out of nowhere. Admittedly, they’ve spoken of children before but it’s not a reoccurring thing. They have not even married yet despite it being obvious that is where they are headed.

“Maybe two?” Jongin murmurs. “Three at the most.” He finishes brushing his teeth at the sink and looks over at Sehun is seems to be trapped in his own thoughts. He wonders why the other asked now of all times right before they were going to sleep. Jongin steps closer and leans to press a small kiss on the other’s thin pink lips. “Why?”

Sehun smiles at the kiss fondly and his arms lock around Jongin. “My mom asked when we were going to start settling down. She says we spend too much time traveling when we could be starting a family.”

Jongin hums in response. The truth was their first few years into the relationship had been spent around the world and in university. They had shared so many sights and experiences together. Jongin did not regret any of it. They were still young and there was no need to rush into family life yet. He wanted to do because they were ready not because they had to fulfill some societal obligation.

“I respect your mother but it’s our lives.” Jongin says pressing a hand to the other

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter