#16 told you so

30 Days in December [ sekai advent calendar 2016 ]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

TOLD YOU SO

“Come on. We’ve got a lot of work to do.”


“We?” Sehun asks and scoffs. “If I remember correctly, I wasn’t the one who got hired to babysit. So why are you bringing me along?”

Of course, spending time with Jongin, his boyfriend, is lovely, but Sehun is not too keen on tagging along to Jongin’s sister’s house. Apparently, his sister needed someone to look after her daughter, as well as to clean up the aftermath of a housewarming party since they just moved there, but in such short notice (read: ten minutes ago) it was difficult to request help from one of the people she usually hired. Sehun has his suspections though. He thinks that Jongmi had never tried asking other people first, she probably just asked her younger brother. For one, Jongin didn’t ask for money, and two, Jongin had told her he’d be okay as long as Sehun could come as well.

“Because Rahee loves you,” Jongin says and grins. Jongin’s smile is cute, one of the reasons Sehun is so smitten, but at the moment it doesn’t brighten his mood.

“For the record,” Sehun says and frowns. “She doesn’t. She hates me. Did you forget how much she bullied me on her third birthday?”

“No, no, she loves you,” Jongin assures. “I’m certain of that.”

Jongin sounds confident, but Sehun is still full of doubt.





Rahee is cute, that Sehun cannot deny. It runs in the family. Mr. and Mrs. Kim are sweet people, friendly and warm-hearted, and so is Kim Jongmi, the eldest of the Kim siblings. There is definitively no denial that Kim Jongin is the sweetest of them all though, even from an unbiased view. Jongin has a handsome face with a smile plastered onto it almost 24/7. He is well-mannered and attentive, too, and always good with his words. Unfortunately, the same cannot be said about his niece, who might have an adorable face and - Sehun swears the way they laugh is the same - but whose personality is unbearable. She is a brat.

Sehun tries his best to stay as far away as possible, intent on cleaning the apartment and letting Jongin spend some quality time with his only and favorite niece. For a while, it even works. Since Sehun is insisting, Jongin can’t do much because they were indeed called here to do both, babysitting and the cleaning, but when Jongin receives an emergency phone call, Sehun has to watch over the little devil.

It’s not exaggerated when Sehun claims that she hates him. Rahee keeps staring at him with squinted eyes, which would be cute if she weren’t screaming at him and hitting him with a plush toy. At least it’s just a plush toy this time, Sehun thinks and almost winces at the memory of her swinging her plastic stethoscope at him. Kids’ toys are dangerous he learned on that day.

“Rahee, please stop,” Sehun whines softly, arms crossed in front of his face. He must be really unattractive in her eyes if she keeps trying to hit him there. But the little girl doesn’t listen. She keeps laughing in glee at his misery and Sehun realizes with disdain that little kids don’t tire out as quickly. They are full of energy when they want to.

“You’re so cute together,” Jongin laughs when he returns. For a moment Sehun thinks that he is saved, but Rahee doesn’t seem to pay attention to her uncle. She is still grinning at him in that silly, toothy manner, and instead of hitting him, she had made it her g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter