070

wenrene pool shots

There was something on Wendy’s smile and Irene can’t pinpoint what it is.

 

Wendy’s smile is out of this world and she’s been trying to understand the whys and how’s behind the smiles plastered on her face is, she even question Wendy one time, when both of their professors end the class earlier than the usual. (It so happened that their professors, Mr. and Mrs. Kim, wanted to celebrate their 25th anniversary)

 

“Wendy, why are you always smiling?” Both of them were at the student lounge, sat beside each other with their laptops on, and projects are on process to be finished before 5pm.

 

“Hmm?” Wendy stopped for a while, glancing at Irene’s. Irene look at her, wait for her to answer. “I really don’t have any idea…? It’s like my default face, get me?” Wendy smiled before focusing back on her papers.

 

“Do you know that your smile is very bright and also warm?” Irene said. She watched Wendy stopped her fingers few centimeters above her keyboard.

 

“really?” Wendy replied, amused that Irene is very generous and looks sincere on complimenting her. “I heard that a lot, is it charming? Or overwhelming?” Wendy asked.

 

“It is charming, okay, sometimes its overwhelming. I overheard one of my friends said that, she might faint if you ever tried to smile at her like that.” Irene chuckled, as she remembers the squealing of her friends in the office of her organization.

 

(”Wendy is so beautiful, and talented, and fluff-“

“I know right, Wendy is the biggest shot of this campus, She can even make the dying organization rise from the grave.”

“Her presence is a not a joke.”

“Sometimes she looks intimidating though, especially when she’s the director for the incoming play.”

“Her smile is the death killer, along with her awkward laugh when she gets complimented”)

 

“There are a lot of people wants to be your friend.” Irene continued.

 

“Oh yeah,” Wendy’s smile becomes wider, and slowly turns into grin.

 

“…and I think your smile is to make everyone like you.”

 

Wendy doesn’t even know how many times she heard those words from different people, different situations, and different choice of words

 

 

“But your sincerity is to make me fall in love with you”

 

“You know Irene, if you wanted to ask for a carrot cake, you don’t need to sugarcoat it with your greasiness”