013

wenrene pool shots

Around 9 pm when Wendy’s phone rings,

 

‘Hyunie <3’   the screen flashes the contact name that Wendy doesn’t want to see.

 

Wendy lazily reaches her phone from the bed side table, and answers the phone, putting it on loudspeaker before setting it aside her and continues to work in her laptop

 

“Wan!” Irene greeted, “Where are you? Are you in your dorm?”

 

Wendy hummed.

 

“I will stay there for tonight, okay? I have a lot of stories to tell you.” Irene continues. “I’ll bring popcorn! Bye, see you later!”

Wendy sighed, staring at her phone before locking it.

 

Late night, your voice is drunk

Maybe you had a sad thing happen to you

You said you fought a lot with the person next to you and

You ask me to console you

 

It’s not because Wendy doesn’t like to spend time with Irene, in fact, she actually wants to spend her available time with Irene.

 

To catch up on things even though they see each other every day,

 

To talk about things under the sun, random things that may not make sense and interesting to other people

 

Just to feel her presence was enough for Wendy.

 

 

You or me, one of us is a fool

We can’t leave or get closer

I look at you looking at him

I try to comfort myself and my eyes get teary

 

Wendy accidentally outed herself to her parents. Back when Wendy and Irene was senior high school, she was confused.

Wendy was confused about her feelings towards Irene. She feels giddy when she’s with Irene, a feeling she didn’t felt when she was dating a guy in her class.

Wendy felt sad yet happy for her friend when Irene shared the news that she was asked by a guy to go on a grand ball after their graduation, because Wendy knows that Irene really want to go in a party where she can wear dresses and feel like a princess.

Wendy spent that night watching a bunch of movies that was recommended by her sister and ordered pizza and chicken to make her feel at least happy.

When her mother confronted her one time, telling her that she misses her baby girl, the sweet happy and rambling baby girl, Wendy murmured to herself ‘I know mom, I miss her too’

“What’s wrong Wendy?”

“Mom, I am okay”

“Really?”Wendy’s mom said “So, anyway, I haven’t seen Irene around you.

...

“Mom have you felt that you are not happy on things that happening to your friend because you are scared she might got hurt but you cannot do something about it because you are not in the position to tell her who and when she must date., so you will just say you are okay with it?” Wendy wondered. Wendy’s mom looked at Wendy softly waiting, as if Wendy will say something else. “I mean, you know mom, as a person who she spend time with, you know her ins and outs so you were just worried about her”

“Is she dating someone?” Wendy’s mom asked. Wendy nods. “oh well, that’s why she’s dating, because they will spend time with each other knowing their ins and outs like what you said. Irene is a smart girl baby; she knows what she’s doing”

“Smart girl. Pshh. She doesn’t even know how to lower the volume of her laptop” Wendy snorted while her mom’s chuckles.

“I know you are bitter because she’s dating and you’re not. Just support her and be there for her always “Her mom said.

“I’m not bitter about her dating I can also date someone though, I am just a responsible and good daughter that I choose to stay single until I graduate, mom.” Wendy defended herself from accusation. But then she continues as if she was talking to herself, “It’s just, we will spend time less and we might become distant.”

 

Cause you’re so beautiful to me

In the end we’re friends

If you’re just a dream

I would say it’s a pretty and sad dream

 

 

            Wendy hears a jiggling keys outside of her dorm indicating that Irene is about to enter. She eyed the door waiting for it to be widely open when she heard a deep voice, “I’ll text you later okay? Good night. Thank you so much.”  It says. Wendy’s eyes went back to her laptop placed in front of her, to keep herself busy and tune out the conversation of Irene from the slightly opened door.

 

“Yah!” Irene plopped on Wendy’s bed

 

“Hi to you too” Wendy greets back without looking to Irene, as she continues to type her notes.

 

“That’s it? Is that how you will greet me, when we both know we haven’t seen each other for almost 4 days now?” Irene said. “I went to your department and to your class, but you weren’t there. Where were you?” She asked.

“When was that? Maybe I left early that’s why we didn’t saw each other.” Wendy said, still focusing on her laptop. Wendy felt the tug of her blanket that covers her thighs; she immediately glared at Irene who has annoying grin plastered on her face. “Stop it” Wendy said.

“Stop what? I’m doing nothing.” Irene tilts her head slightly and feigning innocent with a smile.

Wendy went back to typing when another tug of the blanket was felt.  She sighed.

“Ok fine,” Wendy said. She turned off her laptop, not before saving her document, before putting it inside the drawer of her bed side table. “What do you want?” She asked.

A victorious smile was seen in Irene before moving closer to Wendy. She pulled out her phone and open the calendar app in her phone.

Wendy was shocked on the amount of the scheduled plans of Irene on the following week.

“See this Wendy,? I’m planning to go all out within next week before the incoming hell month, so I want to ask you…uh no, I want you  to come with me next week” Wendy slowly grab the phone the grip of Irene before opening the events one by one.

“Are you serious?” Wendy look at Irene as if she had lost her mind “this is seriously a lot, and I don’t think I can join with your friends, I might have also an appointment by next week, so I am not sure.” Wendy said feeling sorry to Irene.

Wendy saw it. And again, Wendy can’t do it.

Wendy can’t say no to Irene. Wendy just can’t say no to Irene, when the latter look like she just lost the game or something near about losing. Wendy just gazes at Irene’s face while waiting for her response.

 

“Can you do something about your schedule next week? I can’t just do this alone” Irene asked, “please? I’ve been waiting to do this since two months ago. Pretty please Wendy, for me?” Irene made a face that Wendy can’t help to let out a shallow laugh, and slowly shook her head.

“I thought you are going with your friends? Since all of are required to join the event?” Wendy asked, trying so hard not to join the camping because it means, another 3 days and 2 nights either in the middle of the forest or at the top of the mountain.

That’s not that bad, but those are the days that her mother instincts are high which Irene’s course mates , saying that Irene brought her mother instead a friend.

“Bring Seulgi with you; she’s been trying to widen her survival skills.” Wendy added before laughing out loud when she remembered that Seulgi tried to get rid the fire because they were about to sleep in the middle of the forest.

Irene groaned in frustration, “Seulgi and camping is not really good combination, both of us know that.”

“Why don’t you ask you bo-“

“You don’t want to come with me?” Irene accusingly asked, with her right brow raised, and slightly retreating herself from Wendy. “Are you avoiding me or something Wendy?” Irene crossed her arms in front her chest

“Just giving you another options before you regret being stuck with me for your camping trip just like before.” Wendy smiled and cups Irene’s cheeks. “You are so cute!” She playfully sway her both hand before releasing, “ok what do you want to eat, and I’ll cook” crawling out of her bed and going towards the kitchen.

 

With your sweet voice

You tell me you are my best friend

I’m okay being the person you lean on from time to time

An island without a place to go,  you are my best friend

 

“I am your best friend, of course I am concern.” Wendy gripping her phone harder than she should be. “Listen, Wendy Son, You should eat before you go back to your dorm. You’ve been skipping lunch for almost a week now.”

 

“I’m tired” Irene stops . “Why am I doing this again?” Irene asked.

“Because I did thousands of your favours and as a loyal person to you for almost half of my existence, want something in return.” Wendy said, a huge smile is making a way to the girl’s face.  “So be a charming and do what I say.”

 

“I shouldn’t have answered your phone call.” Irene whispers but Wendy heard it,

 

She heard it. And it makes Wendy laugh.

 

“Sing the out of your system and let’s get drunk for the rest of the night!” Wendy screamed on the microphone

 

“Damn it. I hate end of Semester, really.” Irene grudgingly skips the pages of the Song book lists.

 

“Solid team forever Wendy?”

“Solid together Irene” 

 

Both of them  fist-bumped each other, before walking towards their building.

 

 

 

The man that was waiting in front of the building welcomes Irene with an open hug , and then greets Wendy afterwards.

 

“Hi Wendy”

.

“Hi Suho, I need to go, take care of my grandma okay?" Wendy laughs skipping away from the reach of Irene, before walking away from the two. "See you around guys! Have fun!” She waved.

 

 

 


Hi  i just want to say, belated happy birthday Irene! love you thanx. 

AND TO MY RED VELVET GIRLIES, IM SO PROUD OF YOU, NK IS NOW BLESSED BY THE PRESENCE OF RED VELVET. WHEN WILL PH. (PA RED ROOM PH NAMAN DIYAN)

 

so, Best friend by IKON was so chill until i searched the eng trans. ( AKMU SUHYUN cover IS THE BEST. !!!) 

 

i didn't know what i wrote either so write down your thoughts on the comment section. :) 

 

I love red velvet so much. I don't why :'(