Confession

ChaeKyul's Playlist
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

"Erm, i wasn't on my right mind! Just pretend that you didn't heard it!"

 

"Really? I was actually considering it though."

 

 

 

The first time Jieqiong had laid her eyes on Chaeyeon was when the older was playing her pink-coloured flute at the school's garden one evening.

 

Jieqiong was tasked (trolled) by Eunwoo, to pluck some tiny white blossom there. But as a new transferred student, she didn't know that she would have her points deducted if she ever picked flowers from the school's precious garden. 

 

Being a drama addict, she had seen those scenes like how the protagonist thought everything moved in slow motion as they looked at their crushes. 

 

Initally, Jieqiong had just thought those will only appear in drama. She thought it was exaggrating about how the drama protrayed falling in love to be. 

 

Albeit the fact that Jieqiong was just seventeen of age, she also had crushes back when she was in middle school.

 

Many in fact. 

 

But she didn't exprience those slow-motion feeling played in the television. 

 

Not even once. 

 

But    

 

    Just maybe.

 

She may be experiencing it right now. 

 

The autum leaves falls smoothly and slowly around the latter who had her eyes shut, her fingers dancing along to the holes of the flute. It made Chaeyeon looked like an autum goddness     or maybe its just Jieqiong. 

 

Did she just see Chaeyeon playing flute flawlessly in slow-motion? 

 

She wasn't sure. 

 

Because everything went back to normal instantly when they happened to lock eye. 

 

Jieqiong looked away promptly.

 

Face flushed in red hue as the thought of her being caught red-handed staring at the senior, she turned her back and bend down, picking up some random baby breathe as she felt her heart palpaiting at ridiculous speed. 

 

Why the hell am i feeling this way?

 

"Hey!"

 

Her pinkish hands stopped itself from plucking anymore baby breathes.

 

"Y-Yea?" Jieqiong stuttered, back straighten up, hands cutched tightly around the fresh baby breath she plucked as she met the pair of warm brown orbs that was staring at her with what seems like     anger?

 

Did she saw staring while she was practicing her flute? 

 

Was she angry at how she didn't asked her for permission to stare? 

 

But who needs permission to stare at one?

 

"What do you think you're doing!" Chaeyeon frowned deeply, head bobbing towards Jieqiong's hands. 

 

"Uhh.."

 

It was as if Jieqiong's tougue was caught, and she couldn't seem to speak. 

 

"It's against the school rule!"

 

Almost immediately, Jieqiong dropped the baby breathes that she was chocking before onto the grass before she was at the tip of her toes, fleeing away from the senior who was desperately calling after her. 

 

 

 

 

Later on, Jieqiong found out that Chaeyeon was the school's president.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jieqiong do not know if fate was playing with her or was being good to her. 

 

She met her again at the most unexpected place a year later.

 

Produce 101

 

"Oh gosh..." Jieqiong cursed under her breathe as she saw Chaeyeon among the contestants.

 

Afterall with such outstanding visuals like Chaeyeon, it wasn't that difficult to spot her among the other hundred girls.

 

"Yah, isn't that the senior you've been avoiding since year two? Or aka, DIA's Jung Chaeyeon" Eunwoo, her bestfriend whispered and nudged her as Chaeyeon and her other two lablemates came out to the stage.

 

Jieqiong glared at the latter briefly, "Don't tease me, it's been a year already."

 

"So? It's not like your feeling had faded even a bit." Eunwoo winked which left Jieqiong cheeks in crimson red. 

 

Behind those avoidings of the older girl, Jieqiong had secretly had her eyes fixed on Chaeyeon wherever the girl went. She may used it as an excuse towards her friend as a way to keep away from the senior.

 

But she herself knew the real reason.

 

She couldnt keep her eyes away from Chaeyeon.

 

Nonetheless, Jieqiong was pretty sure she had some weird feelings towards the older. However, it frustrates her how she couldn't confess to Chaeyeon although she had plenty of chance to do so during that one year. (Instead of avoiding her for that year) 

 

Jieqiong partly blamed Eunwoo for it. 

 

For asking her to pluck flowers in the school garden, in front of Jung Chaeyeon, the school's president. 

 

She do not know if she wants Chaeyeon to remember her as the    flower thief? 

 

   or forget about her.

 

 

"Break for ten mintues!" The PD announced over the mic after the stage by MBK members. 

 

Jieqiong could hear everyone heave a sigh of relief as the tension in the air, soon disappeared as some of the contestants reached out first to the others to make friends.

 

Afterall, its better to make more friends than enemies right? 

 

Only Jieqiong was deeply caught in her own train of thoughts. The sudden appearance of a certain Jung was confusing her stupid and dumb brain. She had to make a decision on the way she's going to act around the older. 

 

It's inevitable that they are going to meet and work with each other. 

 

Just as Jieqiong was having a debate with herself mentally, whether to act as if she doesn't know Chaeyeon and start afresh, or to avoid the older like how she had done since last year, the annoying Jung Eunwoo decides to be a traitor.

 

She found herself being dragged by her to the MBK members. 

 

"Hey, Chaeyeon sunbae-nim! Do you remember the baby breathe girl a year ago?" She said, pointing to Jieqiong. 

 

Jieqiong never felt so mad at someone. All she wanted to do was to struggle her bestfriend on the spot and kick her to the North Pole and leave her to freeze to death there. 

 

And what's with the 'baby breathe girl' description?

 

Chaeyeon blinked. 

 

"Ah!" She raised her pointer at Jieqiong. 

 

"The one who stared at me and ran away after going against the school rules!"

 

Oh, so she remembers me.

 

And she freaking knew i stared at her.

 

Jieqiong knew she couldn't start a fresh. So she decided to choose the way of avoiding the older. But she was grateful that Chaeyeon that didn't seem that angry with her although she did heard a few rumors about her being scolded by the dean back then for the flower incident. It also made her wondered why Chaeyeon didn't push the blame on her, either did she get her points deducted.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"I choose dance." Jieqiong gulped as she saw Chaeyeon staring at her with a glint of mischieve as she continued, "Sunmi sunbaenim's Full moon." 

 

Jieqiong swore her heart nearly stopped as Chaeyeon strolled towards her with a smile and went behind her. She clapped but her mind was blank that moment the older chose to be in the same group as her. After all of her efforts to avoid the older, they still ended up in the same group with Sohye joining last. 

 

"Seems like someone's delighted to be in the same group as Jung Chaeyeon." Eunwoo teased as soon as they head back to their room, that was shared with the Jellyfish girls. 

 

Jieqiong rolled her eyes and glared, "Oh please, i haven't forgive you for being a betrayer back then, Jung Eunwoo." 

 

"Oh c'mon, that's what a bestfriend is for!" Eunwoo pouted which was smack by Jieqiong's neck pillow after that. 

 

"Hey!" 

 

"Don't you dare spread anything around, got me?" Jieqiong warned. 

 

Eunwoo shrugged, "But why did she want to be in the same group as you?" 

 

Jieqiong didn't know as well.

 

"Don't think so much about it, she probably just wants to perform the song, thats all." 

 

Jieqiong tried not to get her hopes high with what Eunwoo thought was otherwise.

 

"Its not that she want to be in the same group as you?"

 

The girl couldn't sleep that night. She kept tossing and turning around with her thoughts full of Chaeyeon. 

 

She couldn't help but get nervous being around Chaeyeon. Yet happy at the same time. Sometimes she wonders how Chaeyeon could make her feel so many different emotions at once. 

 

 

 

 

The trio met up the very next day to dicuss about the song and its arrangement. Jieqiong made sure she mediated for at least half an hour before meeting the girls      or specifically, Jung Chaeyeon. 

 

"Calm down, Zhou. Remembe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter