Some

ChaeKyul's Playlist
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"I'm happy if you're happy."

 

"I can't do that, Heeyeon."

 

A/N: Warning. Heeyeon is quite mean here. (Just for the sake of the storyline okay, don't hate me)

 

 

 

 

Chaeyeon was twenty.

Jieqiong was nineteen;

When their parents decided to bring them together to tie a knot for the sake of their businesses. Eventhough both of the girls had strong objections, their parents had never listened to their complains and continued with the marriage anyway.

 

It was difficult for the both of them.

 

Jieqiong was struggling to adapt to her life in Korea.

Chaeyeon was struggling to deal with her girlfriend who's been with her for five years.

 

But fortunately, they did not blame each other. They knew very well its their parents fault.

 

"Did you have a fight with her again?" Jieqiong questioned once she saw Chaeyeon walking out of her room with blood-shot red eyes. The older shrugged and nodded as she sat herself down comfortably across Jieqiong.

 

"Yeah, she still doesn't accept our marrige." Chaeyeon sighed heavily. 

 

Jieqiong nodded in sympathy, "I'm so sorry for this, Chaeyeon. You should give her some time, its difficult to accept that your girlfriend has married another person when you guys are still together." 

 

"But it has been two months since we're married! Why can't she just consider my feelings?" Chaeyeon grunted and ruffled her hair in annoyance, earning a short giggle from Jieqiong.

 

"Let time resolve the problem." Jieqiong spoke fluently in Korean, which surprised Chaeyeon alittle.

 

The older casted Jieqiong a look of suspicion, "Are you sure you're Chinese and not Korean? Why are you so good in Korean when you just picked up the new language three months ago?"

 

Jieqiong laughed and smiled adorably, "Of course i have to. If not we won't be able to communicate well."

 

Chaeyeon shook her head and stared at the younger girl before pinching her cheeks lightly with a wide grin, "If i don't have Heeyeon, i would really probably fall for you instead, Jieqiong."

 

Jieqiong eyes sparkled.

 

"...Fall for me then." 

 

 

 

 

 

In the midst of the table that was filled with unsigned documents and papers, Chaeyeon's head was put on the top of the papers as she felt her head spinning and aching. Her lips were dry and her stomach was growling for attention. It has past evening time and yet she haven't had hers yet, no wonder her stomach has been calling her.

 

Looking at her phone, she pouted as she had not received any calls nor texts from Heeyeon yet for the second week since their last fight. Ever since Heeyeon knew about her marriage, she had been eggy and insecure eventhough she had assured that she won't ever leave her. But oh well, let's just listen to Jieqiong and let the time resolve the problem.

 

Chaeyeon lifted her head up again and tapped her cheeks to keep herself awake when the door was open all of a sudden, revealing her wife who was smiling at her brightly with a lunch box in her hands.

 

"You need to rest for a while, Chaeyeon." With one hand, Jieqiong pushed the papers and documents aside before putting the lunch box on the table. 

 

The older smiled at the sight of her caring wife and glanced at the clock which just struck past seven, "didn't expect you to come, thought you have Korean lesson?"

 

"Well, her son's sick today. She will make it up to me tommorrow." Jieqiong shrugged and squinted her eyes sharply at Chaeyeon.

 

"And I, having being your wife for three months, knew you did not have your lunch nor dinner yet." 

 

The young director looked amused, "Wow, you know me that well?" 

 

"More than you ever know." Jieqiong smiled while avoiding the older's eyecontact and opened the lunch box for Chaeyeon instead. 

 

The older's facial expression widen when she saw her favourite food packed in the lunch box prepared by Jieqiong. It was some tasty chinese dish that she remembered eating back in China. 

 

"Wow, where did you bought this?" Chaeyeon questioned as she began digging in.

 

Jieqiong quirked a brow at her, "Do you think you can find this in Korea?"

 

Chaeyeon stopped and blinked.

 

"You cooked it?"

 

The youger nodded and Chaeyeon looked at her in disbelieve before choking on the food. 

 

"What? Is it horrible?" 

 

Chaeyeon gulped down a cup of water before bursting out in laughter while Jieqiong just stared at her as if she had went crazy. 

 

"I don't believe you! I remember how you can't even cook rice! How can you even cook this and its even appetizing!" 

 

Jieqiong rolled her eyes and smack the older's arm lightly before staring daggers at Chaeyeon who instantly held her laughter back. 

 

"Is that what i get for preparing it?" Pouting, Jieqiong took the lid and attempted to close the lunch box. However, Chaeyeon stopped her hands and smiled sincerely at her.

 

"Thanks, Jieqiong. I appreciate it." 

 

It only took those eyes and smile to make Jieqiong melt on the spot. Her cheeks grew crimson in colour as she promptly looked away from the older girl who digged in.

 

The sight made Jieqiong proud.

 

"I see, that you have a visitor?" 

 

Chaeyeon chocked for the second time when she saw her girlfriend that she havent seen for two weeks, standing in front of the door with her hands folded while wearing a disappointed look. 

 

"H   Heeyeon." 

 

Jieqiong eyes widened a little and stared at Heeyeon, "You're that girl?"

 

Heeyeon frowned, "And you're that wife?"

 

The young director gulped at the scene unfolding infront of her. She could sense the tension between the two, with Jieqiong wearing an unreadable expression and Heeyeon glaring daggers at both her and Jieqiong.

 

"What you doing in my girlfriend's work place at this timing?" Heeyeon side glanced at the lunch box and scoffed.

 

"Bringing her food? I thought you're marriage was just show." Heeyeon spoke harshly at Jieqiong as she strolled towards the couple confidently. Chaeyeon could see how Jieqiong seemed uncomfortable with the latter's bluntness.

 

"Heeyeon, stop it." Chaeyeon said calmly but it only back fired when Heeyeon took the lunch box and threw it on the ground with a smug look. 

Chaeyeon gasped and frowned deeply at that action.

 

"Opps, i'm sorry." Jieqiong clenched her fist as she glared, but held herself back to not make the situation worser. She just stared down at the ground, bottling up her anger.

 

"HEEYEON!" 

 

Upon reflex, Chaeyeon sprung up from her seat and grabbed Heeyeon's hand before pulling her out of her office without sparing another glance at Jieqiong, leaving the Chinese alone in her office. 

 

Jieqiong stared at the two leaving figures and had smile bitterly as she looked down to her hardwork that was spilled all over the ground and start clearing up the mess.

 

"What did i ever do to deserve this?" 

 

 

 

 

"Heeyeon! Do you know that was very rude of you?" Chaeyeon asked while the latter scoffed and rolled her eyes.

 

"Why? Does your heart break when you see her food being spilled all over the ground? That you can't eat it anymore?"

 

Chaeyeon hissed, "Thats not what i meant!"

 

"It's basic courtesy to not do that to anyone!" 

 

Heeyeon glared, "Then ask her not to get onto my nerves!" 

 

"What did she even do? She didn't even say anything!" 

 

The latter quirked a brow and folded her arms, "Oh yeah, she didn't? What about the you're that girl thingy? And are you seriously defending your wife infront of me right now?"

 

Chaeyeon sighed, she knew that their conversation wasn't going to end well. 

 

"Heeyeon, i don't wanna fight over this matter anymore. I told you many time, we do not like each other. It's just a simple arranged marriage. I only love you, okay?"

 

The latter seemed to relex a little more, "Then stop her from appearing infront of me and you."

 

Chaeyeon stared at Heeyeon in despair, "You know its impossible! We live together under the same roof, Heeyeon." 

 

How can she avoid Jieqiong and not see the younger's face when they are living together? 

 

"You said you guys slept separately!" Heeyeon groaned.

 

"Yes, we do! But its impossible to not see each oth    "

 

"    Just promise me!"

 

Heeyeon started tearing up and Chaeyeon did not have the heart to say otherwise but to hug the latter instead.

 

 

 

 

It was aittle past midnight when Chaeyeon have yet to return home. It was a routine for Jieqiong to wait for the older to get home before heading for her bed. She couldn't fall asleep if she didn't see Chaeyeon coming in from the door.

 

Then her phone screen lighted up with Chaeyeon's name flashing across it.

 

From: Chae

Hey, Jieqiong. I'm really sorry about Heeyeon today, she was rude. I'll apologize to you on her behalf. I hope you will forgive her. And don't wait for me tonight, i'll be staying over at Heeyeon's. Sleep early :) 

 

Jieqiong didn't even bothered replying to the older's message as she pouted and felt her heart wrenching at the message. Her thoughts flew the the scene of her picturing the two cuddling together on the same bed. 

 

But she quickly shook her thoughts off and chunckled rancorously.

 

"Who am i to get jealous?"

 

 

 

 

It was alitle past four in the middle of the stormy night. Jieqiong found herself shivering under her blanket as her temple formed bead of cold sweats. Her hands shielded her ears as thunders roared outside of the window. She was crouching on her bed with a thick blanket hovered over her head and body.

 

"M-Mom..." Jieqiong cried for her mom who was miles away from her as she hugged her knees tightly together, hoping that her fears would vanish and run away from her. 

 

She was afraid of thunders and at times like this, she would miss her mom and also Chaeyeon.

 

If Chaeyeon was here, she would hug her and whisper some comforting words to her until the thunder stops or until she falls asleep. But Chaeyeon wasn't here. She's at her girlfriend's place hugging another girl instead. Why would she even think of her?

 

She felt her body continued shaking as tears rolled down her cheeks uncontrollably like how the rain were falling from the sky. Then all of a sudden, she felt her body being wrapped around a strong pair of arms. 

 

A firmilar scent enter her nostrils. 

 

"Hey. I'm here, its alright." 

 

A firmilar soft and gentle voice. 

 

Jieqiong thought she her senses was playing tricks on her.

 

"I'm sorry, i'm late." 

 

She pulled the blanket down slightly from her face and saw Chaeyeon staring at her with a worried expression and was panting heavily. Her hair was glistening and wet while her clothes was soaked. 

 

"C-Chaeyeon..." 

 

The latter nodded and dedicately wiped her tears away while caressing her soft bed hair, "It's alright, the thunder's going to stop soon."

 

Just after Chaeyeon said that, another thunder roared, scaring Jieqiong as she released another dolphine scream but was muffle

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter