I Need U

ChaeKyul's Playlist
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


"I like you."

 

 

"Geez, just go away."

 

*Note: Hypercusis where someone have troubles torlerating everyday sounds, which sound unpleasently or painfully loud to the person but not to the others. 

 

 

Chaeyeon hates and    absolutely loathes quirky and loud girls who contantanly barks and whines at everything. Not to mention how much they gossip about others. It bothers Chaeyeon about how they just can't seem to keep their thoughts to themselves and shut their mouth up and enjoy peace. 

 

Or perhaps its was just her who's suffering from hypercusis. 

 

She thanked her homeroom teacher for placing her to sit alone at the back of the class without any annyoying girls sitting beside her. Chaeyeon was satisfied with just sitting alone at the back. She was quiet and a woman with less words. Seldom saying her thoughts and was the model student of the school    straight As student, school's most beautiful student, became from a rich background.

 

Chaeyeon was bascially everyone's dream girl and role model. But she wasn't interested in being the qeenka of the school either was she interest in getting into any relationship. All she wanted was to get the scholarship and graduate from high school, sick from all gossips and people in her school. She have no idea how people could spread rumors and gossip about her without really knowing her. 

 

However, Chaeyeon should have know she's can't possibly enjoy peace for the whole year. Because during mid-term, there was a new transfee which meant that girl have to sit next to Chaeyeon since it was the only seat available. She just hope the new girl is a quiet one.

 

But boy, the new girl is far from being quiet. Chaeyeon could tell.

 

"HELLO! I'M ZHOU JIEQIONG, NEW TRANSFEE STUDENT. I'M FROM CHINA BUT I HOPE YOU ALL CAN TREAT ME WELL AND LET'S BE FRIENDS!" 

 

Her greeting was far from being shy and demure.

 

The whole class erupted into loud roar and claps at the new girl and Chaeyeon felt her ears hurting again, she ran a hand over her ears and covers them, easing the pain away slowly. 

 

"DAMN! YOU'RE SO PRETTY JIEQIONG!" Moonbin and Mingyu whistled and ogled at the new girl, while Chaeyeon rolled her eyes at those guys. 

 

Jieqiong just flashed a simple smile at him. 

 

"Alright, you can take a seat beside Chaeyeon."

 

The grumpy girl unwilingly raised her hand up, while Jieqiong smiled happily and skipped to the back. The other students's eyes were on her   or rather on them.

 

Afterall, it was like a goddness sitting beside another goddness. Of course it would ganer attention. 

 

Chaeyeon huffed. She loathes attention. 

 

"Hey!" The girl beside her greeted a tad bit too brightly and excitedly.

 

Chaeyeon just gave her a nod, without taking a side glance at her.

 

"You're Chaeyeon?"

 

Obviously. 

 

The girl just nodded yet again without any words and she's glad Jieqiong knew that its time for her to shut up. From her side glance, she could see the latter slightly pouted lips and downcasted eyes. 

 

Was i too harsh on her? 

 

Chaeyeon almost felt bad for the new girl. But eventually shrugged her gulityness off.

 

Who cares, i'm just like this to everyone anyway. 

 

The both of them remained quiet throughout the whole lesson to which Chaeyeon was quiet grateful of. From time to time, Chaeyeon would actually peer at the girl beside her secretly when she was concentrating on the lesson conducted. 

 

Huge bright sparkling eyes and long eyeleashes. 

 

Tall nose.

 

Thin lips.

 

Brown long brunette hair.

 

Chaeyeon noted the latter's appearance and she admit that the girl was indeed pretty or even beautiful with her sharp and defined features. But too bad, she wasn't her type.

 

Jieqiong was loud.

 

And that turns Chaeyeon off.

 

 

 

"Alright, you guys are dismissed. Don't forget about the assignment."

 

Some students scattered to their own clique and disppeared into the corridor and yet, some group of girls came walking towards Chaeyeon and Jieqiong's seat with a bright charming smile aimed towards the new transfee student.

 

"Hey, Jieqiong! Do you wanna join us for lunch?" 

 

Chaeyeon looked at the group of girls and groaned inwardly. They were the group of girls Chaeyeon despise the most, all they do was just fussy about everything    food, attire, assignment, teachers. Worst of all, they gossip rentlenlessly.

 

"Eh?" Jieqiong questioned, confused. 

 

One of the girls, Chaeyoung quirked a brow at the unsual respond from the latter, "You don't know who we are?" 

 

Jieqiong shook her head. 

 

"Well, join us for lunch and we will get to know each other. " Dahyun smiled widely. 

 

Chaeyeon just hope Jieqiong would agree and get the hell out of her sight along with the group of girls. 

 

"I'm sorry you girls can go ahead without me, i'm joining Chaeyeon for lunch." Jieqiong flashed an apologetic smile at the girls who wre gasping at the rejection. 

 

Chaeyeon whipped her head around and stared at Jieqiong in disblieve. 

 

Since when did i agreed to have lunch with her?

 

"You will regret this decision, Jieqiong. Are you sure?" 

 

Jieqiong shrugged with a confident smile. 

 

"I'm pretty sure."

 

The girls just shoot daggers at Chaeyeon and Jieqiong before turning their heels and storming their way out of the class without taking a second glance at them.

 

Jieqiong giggled then turn to Chaeyeon with a yet again blinding smile.

 

"So what do you want to have for lunch?"

 

Chaeyeon squinted her eyes sharply at the latter, "Since when did i agreed to have lunch with you?"

 

"Oh! You finally talked!" Jieqiong beamed widely to which Chaeyeon rasied a brow at. 

 

Did she thought i was mute or something?

 

Before Chaeyeon could say anything else further, she found her wrist being grabbed gently by the younger girl.

 

"Let's go before she don't get to have our lunch!" Jieqiong exclaimed ardently, pulling Chaeyeon who almost tripped over towards the cafeteria. 

 

"Oh, there's alot of people." Jieqiong commented at the large crowd queuing up for lunch.

 

Chaeyeon felt like her head was spinning at the noisy and loud cafeteria. She could feel her ears hurting badly and her legs were giving in, she felt nausea. Knowing that it was her hypercusis, she yanked Jieqiong's hands off her wrist and glared at her before running out of the cafeteria. 

 

Worried, Jieqiong chased after the older girl who ended up running into the quiet rooftop. 

 

Jieqiong frowned deeply, seeing how Chaeyeon immediately fall onto the ground with her back leaning again the wall for support. Her chest was heaving up and down, panting heavily. She was breaking into cold sweat and her face was really pale. The new transfee gulped and walked closer to Chaeyeon, nervously and worriedly at the same time. 

 

"Chaeyeon? Are you alright?" Jieqiong questioned, bending down hestitatingly.

 

The said girl didn't respond. She continued to keep her eyes close and bite her lower lips, trying to calm her nerves down. 

 

Once she's sure she have controlled her own nerves and emotions, she groaned and glared daggers at Jieqiong furiously. 

 

"Why the hell did you dragged me to that place without any warning?!" Chaeyeon exclaimed with her brows frowned, "I almost died!" 

 

"I   I just wanted to have lunch with you.." Jieqiong pouted and looked down on the ground, guilty. She doesn't know why Chaeyeon was acting this way but she felt responsible for making Chaeyeon feel sick. 

 

"Bu   But why would you die because you enter the cafeteria?" Jieqiong questioned, puzzled. 

 

Chaeyeon ruffled her own hair in frustration, but she managed to calm herself down before letting her infuriation overtake her. 

 

"Just leave, i want to be alone for awhile." 

 

Jieqiong shook her head, "But you look sick, are you sure you don't want to go to the infirmary to check up?" 

 

Chaeyeon growled.

 

"JUST LEAVE!" 

 

Seeing how the older was so enraged, Jieqiong had no choice but to oblige. She turned her heels around and strolled to the stairways. Taking another glance behind, she saw Chaeyeon staring out at the sky. Jieqiong then decided to wait for Chaeyeon at the stairways since she doesn't have anywhere to go and she already lost her appetite. 

 

"Just incase she faints or anything." Jieqiong muttered under her breathe softly before settling herself down on the stairs where she was able to observe the older girl. 

 

Hugging her knees together and placing her chin on her knees, Jieqiong stares at Chaeyeon's back. 

 

She was attracted to Chaeyeon when she first saw her. 

 

She wonders why the latter was so quiet and was so unresponsive. 

 

Chaeyeon seemed so aloof and depressed all the time. 

 

It might be the reason why Jieqiong was triggered to befriend Chaeyeon. 

 

She wanted to see Chaeyeon smile.

 

But she failed her mission horribly, instead of making the older smile she had successfully made the older even more downcast and it doesn't even help that Chaeyeon hates her. 

 

Yes, Jieqiong could feel it. 

 

She could sense that she wasn't that welcomed by Chaeyeon. 

 

But she wasn't going to give up. 

 

"I'll make you smile, Jung Chaeyeon."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The following week hasn't been easy for both Chaeyeon and Jieqiong. Chaeyeon had been followed and bugged by Jieqiong's quirky behaviors while the younger have to endure those dagger glares and rejections from Chaeyeon.

 

Chaeyeon heaved a sigh of relief when she realised that she was the only one in the class right now. She thanked Mrs Kwon for releasing her early from the physical activities because of her monthly mensuration cycle. 

 

"Finally peace." Chaeyeon sighed blissfully before placing her bag ontop of the table before promptly laying her head on it. She have about an hour before the the period ends and the room would become noisy again. 

 

But before she could even close her eyes and get a wink, she was greeted by Jieqiong's high pitched voice which stung Chaeyeon's ears alittle.

 

"Chae! What happened? Is it because of your hypercusis again???" 

 

Yes, Chaeyeon eventually spilled about her illness to Jieqiong because of the younger's stubborness. But it was a win-win situation for them. Jieqiong's curiosity would be killed while Chaeyeon could get Jieqiong to tone down alittle when she's around. 

 

Chaeyeon wasn't even surprised by Jieqiong's sudden appearance anymore. She's always jumping up infront of her. 

 

Everywhere at anytime. 

 

Chaeyeon groaned and stared at Jieqiong, still not bringing her head up from her bag, "Didn't i told you to speak softly?" 

 

"opps, sorry i forget that for a moment." Jieqiong smile sheepishly, "So what's wrong? The class wasn't really being very rowdy."

 

"Mensuration." Chaeyeon replied simply with her eyes closed and when she fluttered them open the next second, she saw Jieqiong rushing out of the classroom. 

 

"Here, i bought a cup of warm water. You should drink it before napping." Jieqiong pants as she placed the water on the table.

 

 

"I need to go soon, Mrs Kwon didn't know i was gone. Hope that she won't punish me."

 

"Remember to drink it alright? Rest well." 

 

The brunette smiled gently before caressing Chaeyeon's hair lightly. 

 

"Just go already." Chaeyeon turned her head away from Jieqiong and deadpanned. 

 

"Stop chasing me away." Jieqiong pouted before jogging out of the class. 

 

 

Once Jieqiong's footsteps ceased, Chaeyeon brought her head up and stared at the cup of warm water with her lips curving up ever so slightly. She wrapped her cold hands around the warm water before bringing it up for her lips to meet the rim of the cup and took a sip.

 

Her lips curved even more as she hand ran through her silky hair where Jieqiong had just caressed. 

 

"Geez, why is she acting like i'm a child." 

 

Her lips that was curved immediately frowned when she saw her reflection off the cup. 

 

"Why am i smiling?"

 

Appalled, she blinked continuously before placing the cup down and shook her head, slapping herself.

 

"There's no way i'm smiling because of that loud squirtle. I must be too exhausted." 

 

At that, Chaeyeon put her head back ontop of her bag and close her eyes, forcing herself to sleep. 

 

 

 

 

 

Both of the girls was quietly studying in the library. Well, Chaeyeon had shut while Jieqiong? Okay, in a sense yes, she wasn't talking. But instead on concerntrating on revising for their final year examination which was coming up in two weeks time, Jieqiong was writing on a post-it note and kept throwing it towards Chaeyeon. 

 

It's been close to twenty mintues Chaeyeon had been keeping up with it. 

 

She had received almost thirty over post-it notes which contains rubbish written in it. 

 

I'm so bored, Chae.

 

Why do you study so hard when you're so smart already?

 

Let's go out and play.

 

My stomach is calling for me.

 

Chaeyeon of course ignored all of those and chose to concerntrate on her own revision, much to Jieqiong's dismay.

 

"Jieqiong." Chaeyeon looked up from her book where another yellow sticky note was thrown, glaring at the younger girl. Jieqiong stuck her tongue out playfully and pointed at the sticky note. 

 

"Read it." She whispered, "Its the last one." 

 

Chaeyeon rolled her eyes and unwillingly opened up the paper.

 

 

 

 

I like you, Jung Chaeyeon. 

 

 

 

The older girl quirk a br

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter