Like Ooh Ahh

ChaeKyul's Playlist
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"I'm not oblivious."

 

"Be my best birthday present, Jieqiong"

 

 

 

 

 

Chaeyeon had her eyes fixed on a certain blonde-haired girl who was walking in their campus with her earpiece plugged in both of her ears. Her eyes were bright and attractive, her lips parted apart as her teeth forms a straight row. She aimed a breath-taking adorable smile at everyone and bowed alittle who gawked at her as if she was a celebrity.

 

She wonders how her junior could look this good in just plain white shirt and ripped black jeans with a leather jacket over her shoulders. 

 

Eventhough the latter had already walked into her own classroom, Chaeyeon still had her sight on where she last saw the younger girl. Her hand placed on the left side of her chest as she breathe in and out, trying to control the extremely excited heart of hers.

 

"How can you get my dear heart thumping so fast just by your appearance?

 

Chaeyeon muttered to herself softly, as she leaned against the tree trunk, the hiding spot for her to peek at her crush. 

 

"Who? Zhou Jieqiong?"

 

Appalled, Chaeyeon whipped her head around almost instantly thinking that someone had caught her staring at her crush. But heaved a sigh of relief when it was just her bestfriend teasing her.

 

"I almost punched you, Heeyeon." 

 

The girl freigned a scared expression before rolling her eyes and flicking the brunette's forehead, making Chaeyeon groan in annoyance. 

 

"Just when i thought my day was going to be all flowery from seeing her but my own bestie just have to flick my forehead without any reasons."

 

Heeyeon cringed.

 

"Ew, if only Jieqiong knew what are creep are you. She wouldn't have respected you so much."

 

Chaeyeon's eyes immediately shone in bright light at the piece of information. She grabbed Heeyeon's arm and asked, albeit too excitedly, "S-She respect me? As in what kind of? I mean she know who i am?"

 

The latter looked at her absurdly, as if Chaeyeon had just asked the question on earth. 

 

"Do really not know how popular you are in this goddamit lame school with lamess people who goes around fangirling and fanboying over those good-looking ones?" She continued.

 

"Namely, Jung Chaeyeon   "

 

"    and Zhou Jieqiong!" The pretty-faced girl happily interrupted and her face changed instantly to a dreamy-like expression. Her hands clamps together, tucked just below her chin as she looked up, her eyes closed as she smiled blissfully.

 

"That's why i say she's my soulmate! Can you imagine how picturesque will it look if we were to stand together? We will be the visual couple!" 

 

Chaeyeon was way too excited with her dreamy thoughts that Heeyeon had to knock her out of her own fantasy and pull her back into the sad reality.

 

"Its not gonna happen any sooner when you are planning to just keep you feelings to yourself and keep watching her from a distance." 

 

The brunette sighed with a deep frown. She knew that her friend have a point. No way she could stand a chance to be with Jieqiong if she do not approach the younger one first. But still, she thinks its her ego that's stopping her from being the one initiating the conversation. 

 

The image everyone has for Chaeyeon was the same- Cold, aloof, anti-social. She gives off the "don't talk to me unless you're my friend" vibe. 

 

Heeyeon was the living proof of it. She was one of the few people who dared to initiate a friendship with Chaeyeon back in middle school and of course it was difficult to get the latter to open up at the beginning. But oh well, look at them now. 

 

They are the inseparable bestfriends. 

 

So back to the main point. 

 

Chaeyeon do not have any experience on being the one initiating a conversation, let alone befriending her first crush ever in her nineteen years of live. She doesn't even understand how one year younger than her girl could melt her icy stone heart so easily the very first time she met her.

 

Everyone around her always looked at her as if she was some sort like an angel or goddness, she didn't understand why would people be so smitten with her in the past. But now that she had met Jieqiong, she understood the feelings of her fangirls and fanboys. You'll just feel this undescribable feeling in your stomach and your orbs would automactically be drawn to that person. 

 

At first, Chaeyeon thought she was just being attracted by the younger's un-human-like beauty which blown her away. But then she realized it not. You may be wondering how she know she wasnt just being captivated by the younger's beauty. 

 

The answer to it is that she wasn't just a day, a week or even a month crush. 

 

She was Chaeyeon's one year crush.

 

And she was already in her last year in school, yet she was still fighting off her ego which was blocking her from approaching Jieqiong. 

 

But above all things,

 

She was insecure. 

 

 

 

 

 

"I'm afraid, honestly." 

 

Heeyeon scrunched her nose as she looked at her bestfriend, puzzled. 

 

"Afraid?"

 

"She might not like me that way."

 

 

 

 

 

 

Heeyeon and Chaeyeon cursed under their breathe for the upteenth time at their chemistry teacher for releasing them late for their lunch break. 

 

"That old hag! I hate his lesson because of times like this!" Heeyeon grunted, trying to tip-toe and hover the person infront of the queue to check if the sandwich was sold out. 

 

Chaeyeon just huffed in annoyance as she tapped on her heels impatiently. She's got a weird and bad feeling that their favourite sandwich was sold out. 

 

Sandwich.

 

It was the school's best seller of all times.

 

The sandwich are made up of fresh lettuces, tomatoes, cucumbers and juicy beef fat meat being pressed inbetween two long whole-meal bread. Not to mention the ahjumma's secret weapon. The sauce which made everyone who dislike sandwich to like it once they taste this ultra-delicious long and healthy sandwich.

 

It was difficult for you to get one even when your released on time for break. The two bestfriends even skip some lessons sometimes just to be the first customer to taste the sandwich. Before the whole population of the school starts fighting and queuing for it.

 

But as expected, Chaeyeon's sixth sense was accurate. 

 

The sandwich was sold out.

 

"I'm sorry, ladies. Its sold out." The ahjumma smiled motherly at them which caused the two girl to pout adorably, "I will make more next week." 

 

"Alright, thanks Ahjumma." Heeyeon smiled bitterly before pulling the sulking Chaeyeon away. 

 

She was upset.

 

"I have to wait for another week for that sandwich!" Chaeyeon was making a huge fuss about it, "Damn i! i'm so not going to study for that stupid chemistry test." 

 

Heeyeon just shook at head at the childish girl in front of her. Who would thought Chaeyeon would be this childish when she couldn't get what she wanted? And Heeyeon just thought and hope that Chaeyeon wouldnt be like this if Jieqiong ever ever reject her. 

 

But the possibility seems far away. 

 

Since Chaeyeon doesnt have the balls to approach the younger girl. 

 

It seemed like Chaeyeon was even more childish than Heeyeon could ever imagine. 

 

She finally lost her mind. 

 

Heeyeon though as she watches Chaeyeon walking from table to table to threaten the students to give her their sandwich. Embarrassed, she tried rushing to stop Chaeyeon from her childish acts but she was alitte to late. 

 

She should have been more faster.

 

Because Chaeyeon actually ended up threatening her crush's clique.

 

"Ehyy, give up on your sandwich or else---" Chaeyeon rolled up her sleeves and stared at the girl with jet-black shoulder-length hair. Her nametag flashing Hwang Eunbi.

 

Hwang Eunbi? 

 

That name sounded familiar to Chaeyeon. 

 

Her hand stopped abruptly from rolling up her sleeves as she stared at the girl named Eunbi before widening her eyes in shock.

 

"A-Aren't you Ji-Jieqiong's friend?" 

 

Eunbi blinked then looked towards her friend while Chaeyeon stupidly followed her sight of view and froze up when she saw her crush staring at her with her big round eyes. They looked confused but also amazed at the same time. 

 

"Erm. May we help you with something?" Jieqiong questioned politely and Chaeyeon thought she might faint on the spot with how velvety and sweet the younger's voice was. She wouldnt mind listening it all day long.

 

"H-Hello, J-Ji..J-Jieqiong." Chaeyeon cursed herself from stammering infront of her crush as she scratched her nape and feel her cheeks heating up, like as if her she was being cooked. 

 

She stay rooted in her position, eyes kept on her ground when suddenly she smelled something good. Something that she was craving just a second ago before Jieqiong appeared and ruined her body system. 

 

But something else just caught her sense of smell.

 

It was a smell of strawberry. 

 

"Here, sunbae." 

 

Chaeyeon gulped as she dared herself to look up and saw Jieqiong's hand reaching out towards her with the sandwich. The older could see how a bite was taken from the sandwich and her heart wouldnt just stop racing at the thought of Jieqiong eating off it. 

 

"H-Huh?" 

 

"You can take mine, if you dont mind. I mean you can simply remove the part i've eaten and enjoy the rest."

 

Just when Chaeyeon thought her heart would race even more, Jieqiong proved her wrong. The younger flashed her a dorky and sweet smile, which reminded her of a squirtle. It make her heart burst with full of emotions, if anything, she do not know what she was doing by just standing infront of her crush clique and do nothing when her crush was offering her eaten sandwich. 

 

Not just a sandwich.

 

But an eaten sandwich by Jieqiong.

 

Chaeyeon couldnt even react. She just stood there with gasping as she stared at Jieqiong's unreal beauty. The younger was confused as to why her senior was zoning out on her. 

 

"Chaeyeon unnie? Are you fine?"

 

Oh my goodness, she was heard for real? Was she hallucinating? Zhou freaking Jieqiong is calling her name and even adding the unnie part to her name? 

 

Jieqiong frowned deeper when she saw how red the latter was, and questioned her again worriedly, "Do you need me to send you to the infirmary? You face is red, you're not sick aren't you?"

 

The love-struck girl figured that she would be able to hear more of Jieqiong's voice if she were to remain in slience. And so, she remained stoney. Until her bestfriend interrupted her.

 

"Hey Jieqiong, i'm so sorry that my friend had interrupted your lunch with your friends. I will bring her away now. Sorry." Heeyeon smiled sheepishly and nudged Chaeyeon who seemed like she was un-frozen by her bestfriend touch as she blinked repreatedly, face still flushed red. 

 

"Oh, its alright Heeyeon unnie!" Jieqiong grinned widely and Chaeyeon just couldnt get how the girl was so darn adorable. 

 

"C'mon lets go." She hears Heeyeon whispering into her ear as she was able to pull her away from her crush's table. 

 

"WAIT!" Heeyeon and Jieqiong's clique both jumped at Chaeyeon's sudden exclaim.

 

"What are you gonn   "

 

Chaeyeon removed Heeyeon's grip around her arm as she took a few steps back to Jieqiong, her eyes showing wavering confidence. 

 

She stretch her shaking hand out, as if was waiting for Jieqiong to give her something while the younger just looked at her with confusion written all over her face. 

 

"Y-You said you'll give me your e-eaten sandwich." 

 

Jieqiong's mouth formed an 'o' shape as she nodded and looked down to her sandwich before give it to her senior.

 

"En-Enjoy it?" Jieqiong smiled alittle, unsure of how to react with her weird senior. 

 

"T-Thanks, i will repay you back." Chaeyeon smiled awkwardly but thankfully it was adorable. 

 

"Alright, lets go. I'll talk to you soon, Kyul." Heeyeon pulled Chaeyeon away immediately before the older could ogle the younget anymore longer. 

 

Jieqiong and her clique just stared at the duo in amusement.

 

"Honestly Jieqiong," Doyeon spoke with a teasing grin.

 

"I think Jung Chaeyeon sunbae has hots for you."

 

 

 

 

 

Jieqiong smirked.

 

"I'm not oblivious, Doyeon." 

 

 

 

 

 

Heeyeon gazed at her bestfriend in amusement. The girl had been gaping at the delicio

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter