Moderato

ChaeKyul's Playlist
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

"I hope i can be your home here."

 

 

"You're my home."

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jieqiong wants an expressive girlfriend but she's dating Jung Chaeyeon--- a shy and introvert person. 

 

There are into their sixth months of dating and yet the furthest they had went was backhugging. Even 'i love you' were not being exhanged frequently. Those words must be said by Jieqiong before the older would reply with a soft and shy 'me too'. Which resulted in Jieqiong not even hearing the older saying those three words once throughout their six months of relationship. 

 

If Jieqiong would not initiate backhugs or hold the older's hands, Chaeyeon would just walk alone, acting like she's single all the while with her nose burried into the uninteresting book. 

 

She would not even spare a single glance and Jieqiong.

 

Jieqiong couldn't help but wonder if Chaeyeon likes her as much as she does. 

 

And its not helping Jieqiong much when Chaeyeon is so far from being romantic.

 

Both of them were enjoying their quiet break in the backyard with Chaeyeon reading her usual favourite author book on the bench while Jieqiong put her head on the latter's laps and stare at Chaeyeon's serious reading face.

 

Seeing how Chaeyeon was more into reading than spending time talking and bonding with her, made Jieqiong bitter. 

 

"Chae."

 

"Hm?"

 

She doesnt even move her eyes away from the book. 

 

Jieqiong pouted, "the sun is too glaring..."

 

She expected Chaeyeon to hover over her or to use her hand and block the sunlight from her eyes, as what she had watched from dramas.

 

But reality and dramas are two different worlds. 

 

She ended up having a book slammed against her face    okay not exactly slammed, but gently have the book placed on her face while Chaeyeon continued her reading, without feeling bothered by the younger's complain.

 

But still, it was rude. (To Jieqiong)

 

Jieqiong rolled her eyes and took the book away from Chaeyeon, sitting back up.

 

"Hey! i was reading!" Chaeyeon frowned, not noticing how pissed off her girlfriend was.

 

"Geez!" Jieqiong huffed, throwing the book far away from them and then lie back down on Chaeyeon's lap, stopping the older from getting up and retrieving her book back. 

 

"Jieqiong. What's wrong?"

 

Chaeyeon sighed and ruffled the younger's hair gently. No matter what the younger had done wrong to her -- even throwing her favourite book into the mud, won't get her angry. 

 

Jieqiong pouted cutely, "I was just getting rid of something that's taking away your attention from me." 

 

The older chunckled and shook her head in disbelieve, "Are you jealous over a book?" 

 

Jieqiong shrugged and ordered Chaeyeon, "Stare at me while i sleep. Don't you dare look at anywhere else besides me."

 

"What?" Chaeyeon felt like laughing at her childish girlfriend but held herself back when she saw Jieqiong staring daggers at her. 

 

"Alright, alright."

 

She ended up giving in and bringing her hand up to block the sunlight for Jieqiong, much to the younger's delight. The latter closes her eyes while Chaeyeon obliged and had her eyes on the younger.

 

"Chae?" 

 

"Yes, Jieqiong?" 

 

The younger paused in slience for a while, "Do you love me?"

 

The question made Chaeyeon quirk a brow, "why are you suddenly asking me that? if i don't, why am i still going out with you?" 

 

Jieqiong then open her eyes and made eyecontact with the older gilrl, "Because you dont seem like you love me as much as i love you." 

 

That sentence made Chaeyeon frown deeply. 

 

"What makes you think this way?"

 

Jieqiong rolled her eyes, "You don't even initiate skinship. If i don't hold your hand while walking down the street, you would just walk beside me as if we're just friends. If i don't say i love you, you wont say it back to m   no, you dont even tell me that you love me. You just say me too." 

 

"Isnt it the same?" 

 

"Its not!" Jieqiong protested and sat up abruptly, feeling so frustrated with the completely un-romantic girlfriend of hers.

 

"But you know i'm shy." 

 

Jieqiong almost gave in when she saw Chaeyeon turning away with her flushed cheeks. But she remained stern, knowing that she had been giving enough time for the older to warm up to her. 

 

Wasn't six months long enough?

 

"That's not an excuse. I've given you six months to warm up but you are still stagnant."

 

Chaeyeon could only look away, apologetically.

 

"I'm sorry, Jieqiong." 

 

And Jieqiong doesnt have the heart to force her anymore.

 

 

 

 

 

At one point of time, Chaeyeon also felt sorry for the younger girl because of her shyness. 

 

She just finds it difficult to express her feelings which would cause the people around her to misunderstand her thoughts and feelings. It was also why her past relationship never seems to past three months before it comes to an end. 

 

That's why she was extremely apologetic but also grateful for Jieqiong at the same time for bearing with her shyness for the whole of six months without complaining much. 

 

She herself doesn't know why she's like this as well. It's just natural she's acting like this. Its her personality and its difficult for her to change in a short span of time. 

 

But she figured that Jieqiong is worth that much. 

 

She's worthy for her to change her personality. 

 

She's worthy for her to put down the shy walls she had built since she was a toddler. 

 

Chaeyeon was willing to do anything to make Jieqiong feel love and secure. 

 

So thats why, she decides to find her older friends-- a disgustingly over-romantic couple.

 

Kim Sejeong and Kim Chungha. 

 

"Guys, i need help. So stop staring at each other with honey dripping down your eyes."

 

Chaeyeon face-palmed at how expressive this couple was. If only she had one of those traits. How great would that be? 

 

Sejeong glared at Chaeyeon, "What is it?"

 

"You guys remember Jieqiong?" 

 

The couple looked at each other, their eyes rolled up as if trying very hard to remember who the girl was. 

 

"Ah!' Chungha had a bright smile etched on hef face, "The girl from Taiwan?"

 

Taiwan? 

 

Chaeyeon doesn't know any girl from Taiwan.

 

"That's Tzuyu, you stupid!" Sejeong laughed and pinched Chungha's cheeks, "aww you're so adorable."

 

Chaeyeon wants to cringe at those lovely dovey acts.

 

"Anyway, its the girl that you're dating right?" Sejeong questioned to which the youngest of the three nodded. 

 

"She broke up with you?" Chungha rasied a brow and questioned, as if she wont be too surprised if the girl had broken things off with Chaeyeon. 

 

"What if she did?" 

 

"We wont be surprised." Sejeong shrugged, making the younger roll her eyes.

 

"Yeah." Chungha agreed while playing with Sejeong's hands, and Chaeyeon noticed how both of them seemed so natural with their skinship as compared to her and Jieqiong . 

 

"I mean. How can someone bear to be with you? Everyday, you give off the feeling touch me not. A relationship can only go as far as three months without skinship. If anyone who last with you for more than three month, you should count yourself luckily to have that person."

 

Sejeong nodded in agreement, "It means that person really loves you."

 

Chaeyeon gasped, "She's been with me for six months." 

 

The couple widen their eyes a little, "You mean with that Jieqiong girl?" 

 

"Yeah."

 

"You lucky bastard." Sejeong deadpanned, "She's so pretty but why is she stuck with a stagnant relationship with you for so long?" 

 

But she almost regretted her words when she felt a pinch on her thights and a glared from Chungha, "She's what?"

 

Sejeong gulped and revealed her eyesmile, a smile that would often get her out of troubles. 

 

"I'm sorry, babe. I'm really just saying the truth I mean didn't you saw her in school before? She's a Chinese goddness!" 

 

Chungha let go of her girlfriends thights and nodded, "Fine, i will let you off. Because she's really pretty." 

 

Seeing how the two was keeping quiet, as if they were looking at Jieqiong in their own thoughts, pissed Chaeyeon off.

 

"Stop imagining my gorgeous girlfriend in your preverted minds." Chaeyeon knocked both of their heads, pulling them back into reality. 

 

"You mean ex-girlfriend?" Sejeong rolled her eyes.

 

"WE ARE STILL TOGETHER, YOU ." Chaeyeon huffed. 

 

"What? Legit? I thought you had you guys were done!" Chungha asked, appalled. 

 

Chaeyeon nodded. 

 

"Thats why i came to look for you guys." 

 

Chaeyeon ran her hand into her hair and pulled them a little, feeling so stressed up for her shy disposition. She looked at them with pleading eyes.

 

"Please teach me how to be expressive about my feelings." 

 

The couple seemed hesitant for a moment.

 

"Really, please. I really really don't want to lose her just because i cant express my feelings well. Tell me how to show that i love her." 

 

Seeing how the younger seems so desperate and determine, the couple could only nod their head in agreement.

 

 

 

 

 

It's weird. 

 

Jieqiong noticed. 

 

Chaeyeon's acting weird. 

 

The older girl had been running off everyday after school to somewhere that she didnt know of. Whenever she asks Chaeyeon out on a date, the older would only spend an hour eating with her and then immediately send her back home telling Jieqiong that she have to go somewhere. 

 

It bugged Jieqiong but she didnt ask the older girl, wanting to give Chaeyeon her privacy.

 

But then, it bugged her even more when Chaeyeon starts to act so differently from the way she used to be.

 

"Why do you want to back so early?" Jieqiong questioned which also meant dont you want to spend more times with me? i'm disappointed.

 

However, Chaeyeon knew how to make that disappointment vanish the next second. 

 

"What are you talking about? Of course i would want to spend time with you. Its just that i have something important to attend. And it's all because of you."

 

Jieqiong widen her eyes in confusion and pointed to herself, "all because of me?"

 

Upon realizing her slip of tongue, Chaeyeon shrugged it off indifferently.

 

"Really, you don't have to worry about anything."

 

Still, Jieqiong was afraid.

 

"You're not cheating on me, aren't you?"

 

Chaeyeon then send her a glare.

 

"Do you think i'm dumb or crazy to cheat on you?" Chaeyeon stared at her as if she was the only person on earth as Jieqiong just remained quiet, staring at her own reflection that was reflected off the older's orbs. 

 

'Alright, i really have to go now, i'll see you tomorrow." 

 

Chaeyeon ruffled her hair and was about to jog away but halted her steps. 

 

"I almost forgot about this, heh." 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter