Prologue

Beautiful LIAR ♡
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Prologue 

Our beginning started like this. Not how it should have started. My name is Hwang Nayeon. A regular student, who has great aspirations in life. 

I live with my brother Mark, and my mom. The three of us. 

My brother Mark is not really my biological brother. We have different last names. Mine is Hwang , and his is Lee. When he was only 5 years old , our parents remarried , and he came to Korea at a young age. I still remember the day he came from Canada, and how confused he was about everything.  He was such a happy kid before I caused such a terror in our lives.

 

It was that day that everything changed. I shouldn't have asked my dad to come pick me up. I should have never gotten mad at him that day.

4 years ago, I was waiting for someone to pick me up from school. It was dark, cold, and not many students were waiting with me anymore. As one of my friends were leaving one at a time, I was the only one left. My younger brother Mark was with me while we waited for our mom to come pick us up. 

Looking at my phone, it was already over 8 pm. My stomach was growling, and I started to get irritated. Calling my mom in irritation, "Mom where are you ? "

"I'm outside Nayeon. Why ? "

"Mom, you were supposed to pick me and Mark up from school. Cram school got cancelled. "

"NaYeon ah...  I'm sorry ! I don't think I could pick you up. I'm out with my friends right now."

"ummaaa , you forgot I end at 8 today ? "

" Miaannnn . Why don't you take the bus or walk home ?  I will make it up to you. Sorry daughter ! "

"ugh... Mark is cold. "

"Sorry ... "

"Whatever mom. I'm calling dad to pick us up"

"Na Yeon ah.. Your dad is most likey busy at work. Take the bus."

"Mark is cold.. And it's really far from the bus stop."

"Okay try calling your dad. If he can't, take the taxi or something."

I hung up on my mom, and called my dad. My fingers were frozen as I called him. 

"Hello ? "

"Dad , can you come pick me up from school ? Mom forgot to pick us up ."

"ummm I'm at work right now. "

"appa ! Come on ! It's freezing."

I heard my dad chuckling over the phone. "Okay Nayeon. I'll leave now. Wait outside the entrance. "

"Come fast ! " And I hung up the phone.

Forty minutes passed , and he was not here. I left the school entrance, and went outside the street corner. I thought that it would be easier to spot my dad if I stood there. 

I took Mark's hand. " Are your hands cold ? " The little Mark just looked at me and smiled. "I'm fine nuna."

I started to get worried that Mark might get a cold, and I called dad one more time. He was taking longer than he usually does. 

While the phone was ringing, dad picked up.

"Dad where are you ? "

"I'm right here. I parked the car and will cross the street. "

While I was talking to him, I saw my dad crossing the street. He was crossing the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter