Seven

A Little Hope
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Warning : Violence

Stepping inside the train, Yesung looks around to find a familiar face but he didn’t see any. He checks his wristwatch. 7:30. Usually he meets Kyuhyun in the train around this time but it’s seems like the tall man is not here yet. Maybe he wakes up late or goes earlier, Yesung thinks. After their encounter two days ago at backyard, they actually become a bit friendly with each other. Well, like Kyuhyun stops sticking the bubble gum on his table (he sticks it on Sungmin’s table instead). Actually he doesn’t mind to hang out with Kyuhyun because the man will always lend him his iPod. Yesung enjoys listening to ballad and he promises to save more money to buy one in future.

He would like to think that his life goes well but then he remembers that Kibum is still avoiding him like plague. Every time he waits in front of student council room or his class during lunch break to meet Kibum, he always snaps at him and tells him off. To say that he isn’t depressed is wrong assumption. He is really sad that his brother treats him like a stranger, not even a friend but a stranger! He wonders if he makes any mistake that he doesn’t realize. He is willing to beg on forgiveness with knees on the ground but it seems like Kibum won’t forgive him. He still works as librarian along with Wendy after school. Today is Friday which means his shift as waiter at Moonlight restaurant and on weekend he works at ice cream parlor as a cashier. He is glad that he can be away from school for few days. It helps him to distract his mind from the dark thoughts

Yesung slides the door open to step inside his class. Sungmin is already on his seat. He glances at the back of his class and finds Kyuhyun’s seat is still empty. So the man is probably late. He sits on his seat beside Sungmin. His friend gives him a strange look and Yesung wonders if something happens.

“What is it, Min?”

Sungmin bit his lips slightly and averted his gaze away. That moment, Yesung realizes that the students in his class are glancing at his direction. He wants to ask Sungmin about what’s going on but the bell rings and their English teacher comes in. Maybe he will ask his friend later during lunch break. He also notices that Kyuhyun isn’t here. He is absent again.

The lunch break finally arrives and Sungmin still avoids Yesung’s eyes. Yesung is confused right now because some students keep whispering as they pass by him. He is about to ask Sungmin but the bunny boy already walks outside without waiting for him. He follows after him.

“Min? Minnie!” Yesung slightly shouts because Sungmin already far away. Why is he avoiding him? He frowns, thinking about if he makes his friend angry. He admits that these past two days he didn’t hang out with Sungmin during lunch break because he has been chasing on his brother. Wendy is different case since he still meets her at the library. But yesterday, Sungmin still talked to him before the lesson started.

“He looks nice but who knows that he is actually a stalker.”

“He doesn’t have any shame, does he? Following senior like a creep.”

Yesung frowns when he catches the loud whispers from the students in the hallway. What’s going on? Who is a stalker? Why are they staring him?

A slim arm hooks his left arm and he realizes that it belongs to Wendy. He feels so lost when Wendy drags him to hide behind the pillar. Out of the sight of students in the hallway. This is the first time Yesung ever seen Wendy with serious face. Okay, he starts feel uneasy now.

“Wendy? What’s going on? People keep glancing at me while whispering nonsense and Min is avoiding me since the morning.” Yesung asks in confusion.

She takes a deep breath. “There is this weird rumor and I really hope it’s only a rumor.”

Yesung tilts his head to the side. “Rumor? What rumor?”

“The upperclassmen has been talking about a first grade who has been stalking the vice president. They said that this students has been following and harassing our vice president during lunch break by waiting in front of the student council room. The student is pretty close with the president and they assume that the student is actually using the president to get close with the vice president. And apparently that student is Kim Yesung from class 1-B.”

Yesung doesn’t know whether he wants to laugh or cry at such absurd story. Why can’t people mind their own business? They don’t even know the truth but assuming the worst on him. He isn’t following Kibum as stalker, for god’s sake. If only they know what he has been through.

“Don’t tell me that Sungmin believes that rumor.” Yesung stares at Wendy, and her expression gives him clear answer. He feels hurt. The bunny boy actually does believe it. “You also believe that rumor about me?”

Wendy hesitates to answer. “ I don’t want to. But I have my doubts Yesungie. I am sorry because you always disappear during lunch break. Me and Min are really worried about you because you showed up with such in bad state before. You say that you want to sort your problem first so we don’t force you to tell us. Then Siwon Oppa stops hanging out with us so we assumed that you had a fight with him. But then this rumor comes out.”

Yesung laughs bitterly. He can’t believe that his friends even assume the worst on him. “So that’s the reason why Sungmin is avoiding now? Really?! What a joke.”

“Yesung.” Wendy sighs. “We all may not know each other for long time but I do genuinely care about you. Sungmin really treasures you as friend and I believe he just feels hurts that you don’t tell us anything that bothers you. Then this rumor comes out and we have no idea about the truth because we also know nothing about you.”

Hurts. That’s what Yesung is feeling right now. He always keeps things to himself because he doesn’t want to burden his friends with his complicated life. Wendy and Sungmin are the cheerful and free-problem type of person and Yesung just doesn’t want to make them worry and sad. His problem isn’t a normal teenager’s problem after all. He treasures both of them but it hurts to know that they don’t trust him.

“Please tell me that the rumor is just a trash. You don’t even know our Vice President, right?” Wending holds Yesung’s hand.

“I am not stalking him, Wendy. I swear! I know him but I don’t follow him around because I am lusting over him. You know.. it’s really complicated and I don’t know how to explain. This is really personal. I can’t tell you now. Maybe later.”

Wendy releases Yesung’s hand. She looks away, feeling disappointed with his friend. “I want to believe you, Yesungie. But if you always keep us in the dark and I don’t know how to defend you from others.”

“So now what? You are going to avoid me like Sungmin? Both of you know me better than those stupid students who gossip around but you have no faith in me. You can always walk away like Sungmin!” Yesung snaps at Wendy. He is feeling frustrated. Like his life isn’t already a mess now his friends are doubting him. What does she expect? To say that Kibum is actually his brother but he doesn’t want him in his life? To say that he was abus

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter