Two

A Little Hope
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Warning : Language, Violence & Suicidal thought

The first day of high school isn’t so bad for Yesung. He gets a nice friend and a great offer from the president of student council. He now walks towards the station to get back home. Sungmin offered (more like forced) to take him home since he has a driver who can drive him everywhere but Yesung refused because really, he doesn’t want to bother his new friend. Beside Sungmin keeps saying that he is curious about poor people’s house. If Yesung doesn’t know Sungmin, he probably will get offended but he knows that his friend doesn’t really mean harm. He just get fascinated and excited over everything easily.

Yesung stops walking when he sees a CD store near the station. In this era where you can download digital song, a CD store is really rare thing. He decides to visit to listen some music. He loves to listen to music back then when he had everything. He steps inside the store and wandering between the shelves of CDs. He picks one of the CD from his favorite band, Fall Out Boy. He goes to the music player corner to listen. He wears the headset and loses himself in the music. Listening a music like this really reminds me of his old time when everything was still happy.

The song has ended and he takes off the headset. He glances to his side and almost collapses in shock when he sees Cho Kyuhyun standing beside him, also listening to the music with a music player in the store. Remembering about Sungmin’s story about Kyuhyun makes Yesung chickens out and silently places the headset on the table, hoping Kyuhyun won’t notice his movement. He places the CD back into the shelf. He walks outside and sighs in relief but it doesn’t last long when he sees the last person in earth he wants to see. His uncle. The uncle who made him suffer for years. His uncle seems like hasn’t noticed him yet so he immediately rushes back into the store, not aware that he is blocking someone who wants to walk out of the store. He bumps on the person and glances back to see if his uncle sees him or not. He is almost screaming when he sees his uncle walks towards his direction. He needs to hide!

“Hey ugly, what the are you doing? Get off my way.”

Yesung freezes on the spot when he realizes that it is The Cho Kyuhyun. He curses himself for the bad luck. He contemplates about his decision as he glances back to see his uncle is getting closer. Okay, he can handle some punches from Kyuhyun at least he may only do it one time but his uncle, it probably will cost a lifetime and he definitely can’t handle it. With that decision, he drags Kyuhyun inside the store and pushes him into the corner. He flips their position so Kyuhyun is now covering his body. The tall boy looks pissed off AND also confused but Yesung doesn’t give a damn right now.

“Do you have Rolling Stone CD?”

Yesung can hear his uncle ask the sales clerk. The woman on the cashier says something about no stock and his uncle leaves the store. Yesung is holding his breath all the time and finally exhales in relief when he sees his uncle is already out of his sight.

“So, what the hell are we doing?”

Yesung gets flustered when he realizes that Kyuhyun is staring down at him. The tall boy can’t move since Yesung is gripping his shirt tightly to cover himself from his uncle. He literally forgets about Kyuhyun and now the scared feeling creeps up into his mind. He pales instantly but he is ready for the consequence.

“Uh…. Okay. I can’t explain but I just want to tell you that it’s okay if you punch me.”

Kyuhyun raises an eyebrow and roughly releases himself from Yesung’s grip. He stares at Yesung and tilts his head to the side. The corner of his mouth twitches slightly and a smirk slowly appearing. Now Yesung understand why Sungmin says that Kyuhyun has y smirk, well because he does. But he is too scared to fawn over it right now.

“Why would I punch you?”

Yesung doesn’t dare to say anything.

“Ah, I think your little friend in our class told colorful stories about me. I see.” He chuckles sarcastically. “Oh well, not everything he says true but…” Kyuhyun corners Yesung. “…but I can make them true.”

Kyuhyun draws back and turns around, leaving a dumbfounded Yesung. Is that a threat? Great, now he is definitely in Kyuhyun’s person-I-want-to-punch list. He massages his own forehead. Today is too much from him and he doesn’t know how he can handle tomorrow.

**

“You ungrateful child. You should be glad that I didn’t kick your out of this house.”

“This is my house not yours!”

The middle aged man slaps the young boy, making him fall to the ground with loud thud. He doesn’t stop and starts kicking him. He is drunk after all, but the young boy knows better that even if the man isn’t drunk, he is still a violent prick.

“How dare you use your filthy mouth. Your father is dead. Your mother and brother forget about you. No one cares about your existence anymore, you should be grateful that I let you alive.”

The young boy writhes in pain as the man kicks him non stop.

“I am sorry. I am sorry! Please stop, it hurts!” He starts crying because he can’t handle the pain.

“Hurt? You don’t know the feeling of hurt, boy.” The man breaks the wine bottle. He holds the sharp edge from the broken bottle with his hand. “You have a pretty face for a boy. Isn’t it weird? Let’s make you like a real man.”

“No! Help! No stop!

“NO! PLEASE UNCLE!”

Yesung wakes up with sweat all over his body. He breathes heavily as his heart is beating like crazy. It is a nightmare. A nightmare from his past. He stares at the air for a while then starts crying. That was such horrible experience. He is wondering why the nightmare is back. Maybe it’s because he sees his uncle today. He shudders in fear when he think he may be back to that hell if his uncle sees him. He wipes his tears and sweat and hops off the bed to get some water. He gulps a glass of water in one go. He plops down on the bed, trying to calm himself down.

“Your mother and brother forget about you. No one cares about your existence anymore, you should be grateful that I let you alive.”

His uncle’s words echoes in his mind. Do his mother and brother really forget him? They really don’t care about him anymore? Those words really affect Yesung before to the point he wants to kill himself to end his misery. No one wants him, not even his mother and brother. The one who needs him is already dead so what’s the use of his existence?

One thing that stops him from ending his life is the thought of die alone. He doesn’t want to die when no one will cry for him. Death is scary but what is scarier is die without anyone thinks about you. He is trying to move forward for fresh start. He wants to try to make himself useful, to make himself feel wanted and loved.

He glances at the small clock on the table. Five in the morning, he doesn’t plan to sleep anymore or he may oversleep. He was late for first day of school and he doesn’t want to be late again. He is a scholarship student and should set a good example to get student points. He gets up from his bed to take a shower.

**

Yesung steps inside the train and sits near the door. He covers his mouth to suppress his yawn. He is feeling very sleepy. He tries to keep himself awake but it is too hard. He ends up falling asleep. It feels like only two seconds of sleeping when someone steps on his feet. Hard. He opens his eyes to look up and is wide awake when he realizes it’s The Cho Kyuhyun, staring down at him with a smirk. Why is this guy always looking down at him?

“W-what?”

“You missed the station.”

Yesung immediately stands up from his seat to check

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter