Five

A Little Hope
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The first thing that Yesung expects when he steps inside the train is to see the familiar tall guy with messy brown hair but as he scans around, the person is nowhere in sight. He concludes that Cho Kyuhyun is skipping school again. He checks his wristwatch. 7.15 AM. He woke up earlier this morning because he had another nightmare. He sighs as he leans his back against the pole. He wishes he can forget the dreadful experience in the past. It keeps haunting him in his sleep.

The sky is a bit dark when Yesung walks out of the station. Probably it will rain soon. He arrives at school right when Sungmin’s car leaves the gate. It means his best friend just arrived too. He walks faster and finally catch the sight of Sungmin.

“Min!”

Sungmin turns around and waves excitedly when he sees Yesung walks towards his direction. As always, the bunny boy gets excited over simple things, like seeing his best friend.

“Morning! You are early!” Sungmin chirps happily. He is already energetic in the morning.

“Yup, I woke up earlier!”

As usual, Sungmin starts babbling about random things as he slides the wooden door of their class open. There are only few students inside. It’s still early after all. Yesung, being a good listener; nods his head few times as he sits on his seat, right beside Sungmin.

“Oh, I owe you a chocolate milk. Remind me to buy during lunch break.”

Yesung tilts his head to the side in confusion. “Eh, why?”

“To ease my guilt for selling you out to Siwon Hyung yesterday.” Sungmin bit back a smile.

“I know that it’s your fault.” Yesung huffs. “Two chocolate milks. Deal?”

Sungmin rolls his eyes and smacks Yesung’s forehead playfully. "Greedy!" Both of them starts play-fighting by smacking each other. They don’t realize when the door slides open and a tall man with messy brown hair steps inside.

“Good morning, Kim Yesung.”

Both of them stop play-fighting. Sungmin’s eyes go wide like an owl when he realizes that Cho Kyuhyun is actually really greeting Yesung since his eyes are on his friend who is now looking so lost.

“Morning?” Yesung isn’t sure with his response. This is the first time Kyuhyun says his name, not with ‘Ugly’ or something rude. So are they friends now?

Kyuhyun smirks and goes to his seat at the back of the class. Yesung scratches his not-itchy head, wondering if it’s just imagination or not. Sungmin looks back and forth between Kyuhyun--who is now put his earphone on his ears-- and Yesung who still looks like a lost puppy. What’s happening? Kyuhyun is known as antisocial person. He knows it very well since he went to same middle school with the tall man. It’s definitely weird to see Kyuhyun greets someone first. And that someone happened to be Yesung.

“Emergency meeting!” Sungmin gets up and drags a flustered Yesung outside the class. Once they are outside, he stares at Yesung. “Okay, spill it.”

“Spill what?” Yesung crinkles his nose up in confusion.

“I was just witnessing The Cho Kyuhyun greeted you. It’s like historical moment right now because I swear he never did that when he was in middle school. Not even to the teacher even if they forced him to do it. He is very antisocial and only have PSP as his friend. So how…” Sungmin finally takes a breath since he speaks so fast like a bullet“..how can that happen?”

Yesung doesn’t know how and from where he has to explain. His relation with Kyuhyun isn’t even considered as friend since their first meeting wasn’t really good. Enemy? Not really, he may not like him but it doesn’t mean he hates the tall man. “We ride the same train then…  uh… well, I kind of pissed him off before but we sort it out so it’s okay I think?”

“What?” Sungmin asks dumbly.

“You know what? I am also confused.”

They stare at each other for seconds. It feels like they are a pair of dumb and dumber. Sungmin sighs and shakes his head.

“Seriously Kim Yesung… Are you collecting the rare creatures? First our student council president and now Cho Kyuhyun. Who is next? Our vice president?”

**

Exams period is coming and Yesung is busier than usual. The library is getting crowded because many students choose to study there. Wendy’s prediction is true. He has to divide his time for work and study. Oh, and also time for avoiding two brats. Siwon and Kyuhyun. First, Siwon is still pestering him as usual, not even exams and student council president’s duty can stop him. He is a senior for god’s sake but everytime Yesung tells him off, he only smiles; showing his gorgeous dimples that Yesung wants to poke (or stab) with his pen.  Second, Kyuhyun… ever since the tall man greeted him that morning, he becomes more annoying than usual; like purposely stepping on his foot when he sits in the train or sticking a bubble gum on his table (Yesung has a hard time to take it off, he asks him to stop doing it but Kyuhyun says it’s not him. That’s bull considering the man says it as he chews on bubble gum.). Sungmin and Wendy aren’t helping too since they say it’s really entertaining to see Yesung runs here and there to avoid the two handsome men.

“It’s lessening my stress.” Sungmin says as he flips the page of history book.

“Yeah because the one who is stressing out is me.” Yesung slumps half of his body on the table.

Wendy giggles and pats Yesung’s head in sympathy.

“Argh, I don’t have time to entertain them. I need to study.” Yesung opens the book.

The trio is now inside the library. It’s pretty crowded and Sungmin decides to help his two friends to assist the students so here he is. They just finishes placing misarranged books and now doing group study. Wendy and Sungmin sit side by side while Yesung is accross them.

"I am still amazed that Cho Kyuhyun has a thing for you. Seeing at how he bothers to annoy you is already enough proof." Sungmin clicks his pen.

Yesung frowns. "He doesn't have a thing for me. He just likes to mess up with me."

"That's same thing if it's Cho Kyuhyun. You know that kind of person who bully the person he likes. I've seen that on drama."

A ball of paper lands on Sungmin's forehead. The bunny boy glares at Yesung and flicks his forehead. An eye for an eye.

“And how did you get away from Siwon Oppa? What kind of trick you use today?” Wendy asks as she writes down something on her journal.

“Oh, I don’t do anything. He has a meeting with student council staff and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter