Dream 08: We Don't Talk Anymore (Jungkook)

The Book Of Dreams
XSYKOTICA
Fate will bring them together.
WE DON'T TALK ANYMORE
    


We don't talk anymore
We don't talk anymore
We don't talk anymore
Like we used to do
 
 
Aina sat on her sofa as she reached out to her headphones to play the song that was on repeat for nearly the entire week, she looked out of the window as she leaned her head against the wall. He skin covered by a thin wool blacket hiding her legs.

She looked at the audio and her eyes went straight to the artist.

Jungkook

Why did that name hurt yet made flutters in her heart all over again, she sighed as she closed her eyes once more.
 

We don't love anymore
What was all of it for?
Oh, we don't talk anymore, like we used to do...
 
 
Aina walked out on the streets wearing her worn out black converse with a pair of ripped shorts and a long sleeved shirt.
 
Her big white headphones protecting her ears from other unwanted noises. She looked around and saw something on the commercial TVs that made her stop abruptly.
 

I just heard you found the one, you've been looking
You've been looking for
I wish I would have known that wasn't me
 
 
It was a photo of Jungkook and a girl. She was very pretty with her black long hair, beautiful asian features.
 
Something that Koreans would find beautiful; she had no flaws or imperfections. She was perfect for him; for Jungkook.

Aina was dishearted its been how many months? 3? 5? She lost count. Her life was lost as soon as he walked out her door.

Aina looked back at the TV screen, Jungkook looked so happy with her, so happy that she envied her so, so much. But she shouldn't feel this way, after all he wasn't hers anymore.
 

Cause even after all this time
I still wonder
Why I can't move on
Just the way you did so easily
 
 
As the day went by Aina found herself walking into a park around 5pm. She felt safe here, where no one was around. Aina closed her eyes as she imagined images that made her wonder; how was he doing? Was he doing well? Was she treating him good?

Aina looked down at her feet and lightly began kicking pebbles in front of her. Her tired eyes blinked as she began to think deeply to herself again.
 

I just hope you're lying next to somebody
Who knows how to love you like me
There must be a good reason that you're gone
 

Aina began walking back out of the park to a familiar road, she unconsciously walked this path to a familiar apartment building. She paused, "What am I doing?"

She looked up at the wrong time as she finally recognised the building. It was his apartment building. It was Jungkook's, and unfortunately hers too.

Aina looked at the two figures she noticed from the window. She clenched her fists as she bit her lip. Why wasn't she still not over it?
 

Every now and then I think you might want me to
Come show up at your door
But I'm just too afraid that I'll be wrong
 

Aina looked at how he looked at her, with those soft caring eyes. The same eyes that looked at her once. The way she held him tight, herself in his protective and safe embrace. She didn't want to know. Aina turned away and left, away. Away from everything, away from him, and away from life.
 

Don't wanna know
If you're looking into her eyes
If she's holdin' onto you so tight the way I did before
 
 
Aina walked far away from the building as she sat down on an empty bench on the street. she pulled out a small object from her small sling bag with a mini bottle of water.

She took off her headphones and delicately wrapped them and placed them in the bag.

She looked at the object in deep thought as she looked at the label, she tightened her grip with the object. 'There's no turning back now.'

she turned the cap of the object and tipped it over, lots of pills rushed out like a frenzy, some escaping her grasp onto the floor below.

She tipped her neck back as the handful of pills entered , she quickly chugged down water for the pills to not choke her.

Aina leaned her head back as she looked dully at the sky. It was night, how ironic; her most favorite time of the day yet she's like this.
 
 
I overdosed
 
 
Aina stood up from the bench and wobbled from the impact of the pills, she walked away from the seat into another random street she will find.

She thought about her past, especially the relationship she had with Jungkook. Did all those words and memories mean nothing to him anymore? Did it matter to her anymore? She didn't know.
 
 
Should've known your love was a game
 
 
She began tearing up as she slowly had a meltdown, she grabbed the sides of her head, clutching her hair and pulling it like a madman, she cried, loud and clear for the world to hear. She wanted him to get away from her life, away from the world around her yet why? Why. WHY WHY! Why couldn't he get out of her bloody head!?
 
Oh who was she kidding, she loved him too much.
 
 
Now I can't get you out of my brain
 
 
Aina's arms laid limp against her body as the spark of her eyes faded, she began to walk across the street until she heard a faint sound of a voice and and honk.

"Lady look out!"

Aina turned to see blinding lights shined before her, maybe it will all be over. If she was erased from this world.
 
 
Oh, it's such a shame
 
 
 

Jungkook sat in his apartment with his new love, the one that made him feel whole again after leaving Aina.

Aina. That name hurts him like a never recovering wound.

Ever since they left, well broke it off things was never the same until he met Jaein. Now he was satisfied with it, he moved on from Aina and is focusing on his work with Bangtan and well everything was perfect.

Yet what was that unknown feeling?
 
His arm draped around his lover's waist as she leaned into his touch. They watched their usual movie for Friday Films.

They were enjoying their time together when Jungkook's phone rang. Alerting the couple, Jaein looked up at her lover and questioned as Jungkook pulled out his phone, "What's wrong baby?"

Jungkook looked at the contact, he furrowed his eyebrows, "Its Taehyung?"

Jaein blinked with her beautiful brown eyes, "well what are you waiting for? Answer him."

Jungkook nodded and slide the accept button.

"Hello?"

Taehyung's voice came through deep yet somewhat trembling? "Jungkook-ah,"

Jungkook never heard Taehyung's voice like this at all, "what happened Tae, is everything okay?"

Taehyung's voice paused, "you should come to the hospital now."

Jungkook shot up, Jaein was stun from her boyfriend's sudden act. "What happened, who got hurt?!"

All Jungkook could hear now was Taehyung's heavy breathing. Then suddenly it sounded like someone else grabbed the phone. The voice was lighter and smoother. Jimin.

Jungkook's eyes widens as he bolted out of the room to find his sneakers and ran out of the apartment. He ended the call horified with the haunting words that his hyung just informed him.

"Its Aina, there was an accident."
 
 
 
Those words, those words. Was this real? Was this really happening?

Jungkook ran as fast as he could to the hospital were his ex-love was being admited too.

Jungkook ran into the to the receptionist, "Room number of Aina Hamizon please!"
 
Too stun to even question, the receptionist stuttered "3300"

Jungkook ran as fast as he could to the elevator, as soon as he did he impatiently tapped on the floor and the door button.

He took deep breaths as he ran his hand through his hair. He felt he was having a panic attack.
 
 
 
The elevator ding alerted his arrival as he ran out to find her room.

He finally found it as he burst through the door, only to see Taehyung and Jimin in the room.

Jimin looked from his seat, "The hyungs went to get supplies."

Jungkook looked towards Taehyung where he was sitting next to Aina's body holding her hand.

Jungkook felt a wave of jealousy infuse him. He approached her body as he choked between a cry and a gasp. He had never seen her so injured before, nearly entirely her body was covered in bandages, some with blood seeable. Yet she still looked beautiful after these months.

Jungkook dropped on his knees as he was on her other side. He couldn't stop himself when the tears came out, "what happened?"

Taehyung sniffed as he took his hand away from the girl's, crying as he started explaining again "She got hit by a truck, and the doctor said she was overdosed with pills."

Jimin comforted his best friend as he pulled up a familiar looking bag that Jungkook recognized, "is that?"

Jimin nodded, "Its the bag you gave her on her birthday. I found the pills inside Jungkook."

It hit him hard. Hard in the face like punches that could never be stopped.

Jimin continued, "She hasn't been doing good Kookie. The doctor said if they didn't get her in her on time she could have been gone. Gone for good."

Gone for good.

Those were the devil's words, the evil words that Jungkook didn't want to hear.

Jimin put the bag on the sofa on the side, "I'll bring Tae out to let him relax for a bit. You need time to be with her."

Jungkook gave a small thankful smile. "Thanks hyung."

As soon as they both left the room Jungkook took her hand and began to cry his eyes out, "I'm sorry, I'm so sorry that I made you like this Aina. Once you wake up, I will do my best to fix everything, I- I love you okay? I will always love you no matter what."

Jungkook leaned in to give a kiss on her bandaged forehead as well as to her lips as a stream of tears went down his cheeks.
 
 

Jimin pulled Taehyung out as Taehyung began to cry even harder.

He trembled and furiously began wiping the never-ending tears, "Why didn't you tell him Jimin!?"

Jimin looked away with sad eyes, "I don't wanna break it to him Tae."

Taehyung bit his lip, "He deserves to know. You know what the doctor said!"

Jimin rubbed his forehead and blinked his tears off, "I know! I know Tae!"
 
"I know that the doctor said that she might not make it tomorrow."

"Jungkook should know."

"He will."
 
 
 
That morning, Jungkook woke up only to see an empty bed, he panicked as he saw a nurse enter the room,. He asked "Where did the patient go?"

The nurse frowned, "I'm sorry sweetie, the patient passed away last night."

Jungkook's heart stopped, he heard the ringing in his ears echo, this wasn't real... Was it?
 
 
 

1 week later
 

The other band members looked at Jungkook in concern, they talked amongst themselves, "Jungkook hasn't been the same." Jin commented, Namjoon sighed, "Well its because of the news with Aina. Obviously he wouldn't be okay."

The members tried their best to cheer up the maknae, but alas, nothing worked. Not even pretty little Jaein could help too.
 
 
 
 
 
6 months later
 

Jungkook was getting a bit better, slowly getting back into his routines. They all made a pack not to mention Aina or even say her name when Jungkook is around. It would tare the male down into pieces.

Jungkook recently did a cover of "We Don't Talk Anymore" to at least try to take Aina off his mind, but sadly the song made him think about her too much.

Jimin patted his shoulder and smiled, "You did good today Jungkook."

Jungkook smiled, "Thanks hyung."

Jungkook stood up to see Jaein waiting for him at the door. She hooked her arm around his as the pair was out of sight from Jimin's view.

"When are you gonna tell him?"

Jimin turned to see Yoongi leaning against the wall.

Jimin questioned, "tell him what?"

Yoongi crossed his arms, "That Aina is actually alive."

Jimin looked back to where Jungkook walked out with Jaein, "If he loves Aina that much, he'll find her. Fate will bring them together."
 
 
 
 
 

2 years later
 

Jungkook walked into the park alone, he broke it off with Jaein a few months back saying that he didn't feel the same about her anymore. Of couse she was heart broken but accepted his decision. The two remained as friends yet they were distant.
 
Jungkook looked around as he reminiscene the past memories of Aina. He still hasn't completely accepted her death, but he was ready to accept that she's gone.
He missed her, dearly. She was everything, his star in the sky, and the moon of the sun.
 
He walked deep in tought when he paused as he saw a figure in front of him only 5 meters away from him.
 
A girl with long brown hair and beautful brown eyes.

He was in disbelief, this was not real.
 
The girl smiled as she held onto the familiar bag against her side, "Its been a long time Jungkook."
 
 

She began taking steps towards him till she was a meter away.
 
Jungkook took a shakey step forward as tears ran down his eyes, he cupped her cheek.

This was real, this was reality. He wasn't dreaming.

"Aina."
 
 
The girl's eyes sparkled once more as she smiled, "I'm back Jungkook."
 
 
Jungkook smiled for the first time in 2 years with purely love and happiness.
 
"Welcome back."
 
 
Oh, we don't talk anymore
Like we used to do
 
But we can make a new start.