Tic Toc

Peter Pan

‘Tic toc’

Ryeowook focused on the wall in front of him, the giraffe Yesung gave him pressed softly against his chest.

‘Just do it, he doesn’t care anymore.’ that voice echoed around him again. Hissing like a serpent as Ryeowook glared at him.

“He will come back.” Ryeowook whispered. The image before him was of himself, his inner demon.

‘He left you here. Did you not see the look in his eyes when you were brought to this room?’ the voice asked. Ryeowook said nothing to this. He had seen the look of disappointment and lost hope in the elder’s eyes.

“I did bad again,” Ryeowook replied. The figure smiled, a devil like smile that made Ryeowook shiver. His vacant eyes closed, wanting to ignore the image beside him.

“Just end it then, don’t give him an excuse. You heard him talk with Heenim, he is leaving because of you.” the voice continued making Ryeowook cry as he bit the ear of his giraffe toy. The fake Ryeowook smiled as he reached out and touched around the real Ryeowook’s neck.

“Shhh, it will be over soon.” the voice whispered before the real Ryeowook gasped and his world went dark again.

~

Yesung walked over to the door Ryeowook was housed behind. He was still the younger’s doctor, it was still his job to keep the younger safe. Opening the door, he expected to see Ryeowook sitting in a corner like usual, instead, he saw the younger laying on the floor, his heart monitor barely beating.

“ Wookie!” Yesung darted forward grabbing the younger and checking  his vitals before carrying him to the ER a few rooms down. Heechul was already there, surprised when he saw the two.

“Help,” Yesung whimpered as Heechul raced forward and placed Ryeowook on a bed.

“Get me an iv for fluids and prepare for a long night.” Heechul ordered.

~

Siwon entered the hospital, surprised to see Leeteuk sitting behind one of the main desks. Their eyes met, one with the look of a daydreamer, the other with the darkness of a predator.

“And why are you out of your room?” Siwon asked. Leeteuk looked over at him with curious eyes. Siwon crossed his arms before shaking his head.

“Where is Heechul?” he asked eyeing Leeteuk. The patient didn’t answer, but another voice took the reigns.

“Heechul is in the OR with Yesung and his patient.” Saeun spoke as she entered the room. Leeteuk’s face lit up as he approached her.

“Wendy darling.” Leeteuk greeted. Siwon’s eyes narrowed before he shook his head.

“I will just wait in his office then. Saeun, please lead the way.” Siwon ordered making the neurologist nod her head and lead the way. He saw her limp, the bruised lips from being kissed.

“Did you and Sungmin have a trip in the closet?” Siwon asked. It took her a moment to answer, before she giggled softly and blushed.

“I will let Heechul oppa know you are here.” she smiled, skirting the question. Siwon nodded as he sat down and made to wait. Saeun nodded and walked from the room. She knew down the hall her fiance was with his patient possibly having . Their relationship strictly just being for their families benefits. She turned the corner to the OR, only to come face to face with Leeteuk again. His eyes drew her in, and the room they chose, became their hideaway.

~

Yesung held Ryeowook’s hand. Several thoughts going through his head as he watched the younger sleep. Just earlier, he had wanted to leave, unable to see Ryeowook do just as he was doing.

“Why Wookie, why did you do this?” Yesung asked as he petted back the boys red hair. There was no answer, and there would never have been even if he had been awake. The marks around Ryeowook’s neck was a grim reminder of why the boy was here, why Yesung was here right now.

“I love you Wookie, you can’t die on me.” The doctor asked.  Ryeowook shifted, but did not wake up, the sedatives he was under keeping him from waking.

“Yesung hyung, we need to talk.” Hyukjae stood in the door, Kyuhyun and Donghae behind him eager to see their friend. Yesung moved forward and smiled.

“He is sleeping, but you can sit with him.” Yesung said as Donghae rushed forward pulling Kyuhyun along with him.

“What do you need me for?” Yesung asked as he closed the door and faced Hyukjae. The younger sighed and ran a hand through his hair. The conversation he wanted to have would not be an easy one.

“Sungmin hyung is ending his marriage before it even begins.” Hyukjae admitted.

“We warned him what he was getting into.” Yesung stated. Hyukjae shook his head.

“Have you seen Saeun?” Hyukjae asked, his eyes flashing down the hall. Yesung shook his head, he had been too worried about Ryeowook to watch the other’s in his wing.

“I’ve been rather busy, as should you have been. Donghae have his meds yet?” Yesung asked frustrated suddenly. Hyukjae glared and him and scoffed.

“Of course, unlike you, my patient is still healthy and breathing.” Hyukjae snapped. Yesung growled before crossing his arms.

“Ryeowook is still alive thank you.” Yesung said.

“My point before we get distracted, is that the issue of having with our patients is getting bad.” Hyukjae announced. Yesung opened his mouth to speak, when the door opened and Donghae peeked out with a wide grin.

“He’s awake.” Donghae cheered. Both Hyukjae and Yesung looked over before going to the room. Ryeowook was sitting up on the bed as Kyuhyun spoke with him in a calm manner.

“Wookie,” Yesung whispered as he walked forward. Kyuhyun moved to give him room, a look of anger in his eyes. Ryeowook didn’t look at the doctor, instead, he reached out for Kyuhyun. Hyukjae nodded for Donghae and left the three alone.

“Wookie, why did you do this?” Yesung asked as he stood before the bed. Kyuhyun looked at Ryeowook with a frown, waiting to see what he would say, if he said anything.

“I thought you were getting better.” Yesung continued. Ryeowook stayed silent again as he looked at the bed sheets.

“If you don’t tell him Ryeowook hyung, I will.” Kyuhyun suddenly announced. Yesung glanced at the other patient before shaking his head. As silence filled the room, Kyuhyun sighed.

“I guess I must say it then.” Kyuhyun stated as he sat down. Ryeowook glared but looked away agitated.

“Kyuhyun, leave us and find Sungmin.” Yesung ordered. With reluctance, Kyuhyun stood and left the room. Now that the two were alone, Yesung eyed his patient. Niether were big talkers, but, Ryeowook started the conversation for once.

“Leave Yesung hyung, I know you want too.” Ryeowook whispered. Yesung looked over surprised by the sudden voice.

“Is that why you tried choking yourself?” Yesung asked. Ryeowook nodded his head the voice in his head screaming for him to leave.

“Tic Toc goes the clock, when will it ever stop?” Ryeowook whispered. Yesung eyed his patient before sighing and taking the younger’s hands in his own.

“I love you Kim Ryeowook, don’t die.” Yesung said. Ryeowook glanced over before shaking his head and eyeing the clock.

“It’s not my choice anymore.” he replied before smiling. “Tic toc mr crocodile.”