Mermaid Lagoon

Peter Pan

‘Mermaid Lagoon’

Kyuhyun leaned against the door with a blank expression. What he had just seen, would kill Sungmin. The doctor may look composed and confident, but Sungmin was very insecure about himself. Turning, Kyuhyun quietly left the area. He had to find Sungmin, before he found his fiance and Leeteuk making out in her new office.

“What are you doing?” Donghae’s sudden voice made the younger jump as he glared at his friend.

“What are you doing?” Kyuhyun rebutted. Donghae smiled, happy as always as he began to walk beside the younger.

“Hyukjae had to go to a meeting so I got to roam around on my own.” Donghae explained. Kyuhyun nodded, the two of them were always found in the halls of the hospital. Kyuhyun didn’t tell Donghae about his plan to leave. It would upset him, and an upset Donghae was boring.

“Ryeowook isn’t coming out of isolation, is he? I saw Yesung hyung talking with Heechul hyung.” Donghae whispered, his mood turning south. No use lying to him, Donghae had a way with knowing truths.

“No, he really crossed the line when Leeteuk took us to the roof.” Kyuhyun admitted.

“We should have watched him better, it’s our fault.” Donghae cried. Kyuhyun sighed, this was his problem, Donghae blamed himself for everything.

“Don’t worry, everything will work out.” it was a lie, but Kyuhyun was good at lying. Donghae smiled as he let Kyuhyun’s lie become a truth to him. As they rounded a corner, Sungmin was storming down the hall.

“I’m leaving you be with your doctor.” Donghae smirked and walked away leaving Kyuhyun alone in the hall with Sungmin. Behind him, Sungmin’s fiance was lip locked with their resident psycho, Kyuhyun refused to let his doctor see that.

“Hello Sungmin hyung,” Kyuhyun greeted. Sungmin looked at him with a raised brow.

“What did you do?” Sungmin asked. Kyuhyun smiled as he leaned against the wall.

“Why do you ask?” the younger asked. Sungmin smirked as he crossed his arms.

“You used honorifics, and you only do that when you are up to something or have done something.” Sungmin stated. Kyuhyun shrugged with a smug look.

“You got me, I am up to something.” Kyuhyun replied. Sungmin chuckled, but that smile didn’t reach his eyes, and those eyes didn’t glisten as they usually did. Kyuhyun walked forward, his hands moving to grab Sungmin’s.

“I heard you're leaving.” Sungmin suddenly spoke. Kyuhyun paused, his eyes glancing at the elder. He was about to answer, when Saeun’s voice filled the hall. Thankfully, she was alone, but no one could miss those fresh kissed lips.  Kyuhyun looked at Sungmin, a look he saw only in his father when drunk met him. Actual fear filled Kyuhyun as he watched his hyung.

“Saeun, where have you been?” Sungmin asked, his words curious, his eyes furious and filled with knowledge. Kyuhyun tried to blend into the walls, watching with his own curiosity.

“Heechul hyung wanted me to handle Leeteuk since I was head of neurology at the main building.” she spoke so calm, as if she hadn’t just lip locked with her patient. The flash of anger in Sungmin’s eyes made Kyuhyun shiver as he tried to walk away. He felt like he was in a lagoon of hot water. With mermaids sent out to kill and fight against you with every ounce of force.

“Really? We will talk at home.” Sungmin walked past his fiance, grabbing Kyuhyun’s arm and pulling him down the hall and away from Saeun. Staying silent, Kyuhyun didn’t miss Leeteuk’s pass, he was sure Sungmin did of course.

“Hyung?” Kyuhyun tested the title, only to be ignored as they entered an office.

“Hyung?” Kyuhyun tried again, this time Sungmin grunted in acknowledgement.

“You plan to leave if I stayed right? So, I’m leaving first. Heechul hyung needs you.” Kyuhyun stated, taking the subject off what had just happened. Sungmin sat down behind a desk, an exhausted look in his face. Kyuhyun stood still, unsure of what to do.

“Even if you leave, I may follow Kyu.” the elder admitted.

“To get married.” Kyuhyun rebutted, he spoke the truth when he needed, lies would only make this harder.

“It is my duty to my family.” Sungmin replied. Kyuhyun nodded his head/

“Even after what just happened?” Here it was, the reason he was here. The truth, the harsh cold truth he could bring out like poison on his tongue to the room. Sungmin glared at him making Kyuhyun back up.

“She will learn her place.” Sungmin whispered. Kyuhyun knew that tone and shivered as he backed into the wall. Yes, this was like a lake or mermaids fighting for their own possessions. Sadly, he wanted a claim to one of those possessions.