First star to the right

Peter Pan

‘First star to the right’

Kim Yesung had known Ryeowook for years. They had met during his residency at the hospital, and Ryeowook had been distant then. At the time, he was just a young teen who hated being told what to do. Yesung had been assigned to him, making sure he didn’t find himself alone. If Ryeowook was left to his own devices, the child would kill himself.

Ryeowook was just a few years younger than him, and Yesung was quick to become protective of the silent boy. But, every time he tried to get close, Ryeowook pulled away. It was not until two years into their doctor/patient relationship, that Yesung discovered the youngers love for giraffes.

“Ryeowook, I brought you a gift.” Yesung called as he entered the room. Ryeowook glanced over, his eyes vacant as he waited for the elder to speak. Yesung held out the toy giraffe and smiled as the younger slowly took it in his hands.

“I thought it would match your pajamas.” he smiled. A small smile formed on Ryeowook’s lips as he nodded. The show of emotion, no matter how small, had been the first shown to Yesung, and it made him happy.

“Maybe later I can convince the doctors to let me take you to the zoo and you can see a real giraffe.” Yesung suggested. Ryeowook smiled as he held his toy tighter. The two continued to sit in silence. Yesung was reading his book, while Ryeowook quietly played with his giraffe, smiling happily despite those dead eyes. Yesung had been curious on several occasions to wonder if the boy were blind, but Ryeowook would always find a way to prove him wrong.

“Do I bore you?” Ryeowook suddenly asked turning to look at the doctor. Yesung quickly shook his head. It was the first time he had heard the boy speak with him present. He would have thought the boy a mute had he not read the file on him.

“No, not at all.” Yesung replied looking surprised. Ryeowook hummed as he returned to his toy. He was fully aware of Yesung’s eyes watching him, fully aware of the older’s growing lust for him. He was always aware of their lusts.

“If you want to me, then go ahead.” Ryeowook suddenly spoke, his quiet voice seeming to yell as Yesung yelped and called his name. Ryeowook smiled as he returned to his previous task. All men were like his father. They just wanted to stick their in whatever submissive they could find.

“This is the first time I have ever heard you speak so much, and you mention this.” Yesung stated as he watched Ryeowook closer. Not taking his eyes away from his toy, Ryeowook smiled. Yesung was quick to gather his senses back and take advantage of the sudden will to talk.

“Who are they?” Yesung asked, prying into his patient's personal life. Ryeowook was again silent, but turned to the older and crawled over, leaving his toy behind on the floor as he moved between the older’s legs.

“That’s why you are like this, because someone or a lot of someone’s hurt you?” Yesung guessed. Ryeowook nodded as he rested his head on Yesung’s thigh. Those dark brown orbs drew Yesung in, and in an instant, he remembered why he was always captivated by him. Shaking his head, Yesung became the professional he was and carefully stood up.

“I will have the next person come in for their shift now.” he replied instantly making Ryeowook pout and return to his toy.

Yesung stayed away for a month, and Ryeowook remained silent as doctor after doctor came for him. His friend Kyuhyun visited him the most though. The younger boy placed here by his father after Kyuhyun had decided he was too good for the world outside.

“I ed my doctor in the staff room yesterday.” Kyuhyun boasted one evening. Ryeowook glanced over with a raised eye. Kyuhyun smirked at the action before continuing.

“Yeah, Sungmin can bend I tell you.” he continued. Ryeowook continued to listen to the younger’s tale, before hearing a commotion outside the room.

“Must be the new guy.” Kyuhyun mused, there was nothing the younger didn’t know and it amazed Ryeowook. The two made their way out of the room, just in time to see Heechul, the head doctor of the ward, escorting a tall man in white into one of the rooms. On the dry erase board beside the door, were the words ‘NEVERLAND’ in bold black letters.

“A psycho?” Kyuhyun pondered as Ryeowook stood beside him. More footsteps drew their attention as Donghae raced towards them.

“I know you know about him, so spill. Hyukkie wouldn’t tell me anything.” Donghae pouted as he stood out of breath before the duo.

“Simple, a twenty something man who refuses to grow up and calls himself peter pan.” Kyuhyun explained in a bored voice, already seeming exhausted with the new arrival without meeting him.

“He should be fun to play with then.” Donghae smiled, always the optimist. All the doctors had gathered at the end of the hall, whispering amongst themselves as Ryeowook searched for Yesung. The older male was in the middle of the small mob as Heechul walked out of the new patient's room.

“I better be keeping Sungmin.” Kyuhyun pouted, his eyes portraying a worried look that vexed Ryeowook.

“He’s getting married soon, right?” Donghae asked making Kyuhyun grunt. Ryeowook nodded, that was what made the younger upset. He wisely remained silent though, Donghae was notorious for not keeping secrets. The three were in silence, until the soft steps of their respected doctors approached them.

“Hi Hyukkie, I saw the new guy, he looks cool.” Donghae prattled as Hyukjae nodded to the two other patients and led his patient away.  Yesung and Sungmin waited before turning to their respected charges.

“Let’s talk inside, okay boys?” Sungmin smiled, gentle as always. But as Kyuhyun described him, Lee Sungmin had a dark mischievous side the younger wanted.

“The new patient is named Park Jungsu, prefers Leeteuk or Peter Pan. Play along with his fantasy for a bit until Heechul hyung can set him right, okay.” Sungmin told them. Kyuhyun huffed boredly.

“Fine, but you know how I am with boxed rules.” Kyuhyun told them.

“Please Kyuhyun, Heechul asked us to do this.” Yesung pleaded. Ryeowook didn’t respond, or show the anger and annoyance at being ignored by the doctor.

“Yeah, yeah, whatever. Tell me when you finally his Wook.” and with that Kyuhyun left the room, followed quickly by Sungmin. Ryeowook blushed at the crude statement from his friend, before realizing he was alone with his doctor.