KAI ENDING - Obsession

Body Switch

Kai ending - Chapter 8: Obsession

 

What should I do during my last week in DO's body? It's a question I really wanted to ask myself. It's a question I really wanted to ask myself. Quietly. But instead, I find myself having to be constantly vigilant. I need to stay focused ALL THE TIME.

Kai is weird. And not in a good way.

At first, I just noticed that Kai was always in the same room as me. I felt really lucky at first to be able to spend so much time with him during my last days at the dorm. Then I noticed that he didn't interact with me.

He was just in the same room, staring at me. From far away. Most of the time, listening to music.

"Hey Jongin ! Always with Kyungsoo lately." Says Chen. "I will feel jealous of your strong friendship."

"Hey." Answer calmly Kai. Watching me even more intensely.

"Are you playing a new game?"

After an uncomfortable silence, I give an answer in an almost incomprehensible way : "I... don't know."

Chen mimes that he doesn't understand anything and then goes away, leaving us alone.

I eat my meal silently. Supporting that gaze like if the world was weighing on me then go to my room. Forgetting that it's Kai's room too. He follows me and takes the doorknob at the same time as me.

"I will find what's going on." Murmurs Kai in my ear.

My heart skips a beat. I feel like he's going to know everything just by watching me. I can't even answer a word. I have no choice but to flee. I can no longer be alone with him. I am discovering a Kai that I never saw before but this time, it feels wrong and dangerous.

I don't have to go far. I go to the underground parking of our building. Kai doesn't follow me outside of the dormitory.

I sit on the ground. On a corner of the parking.

My$daddy$is$satan : ALERT

My$daddy$is$satan : R you there?

I look desperately at my phone. Hoping DO will feel how desperate I am and wake up.

Kyungsoo's😈 is writing...

"Thank God," I said to myself as I shed a tear.

Kyungsoo's😈 : ?????????? What's happening?

My$daddy$is$satan : Kai

My$daddy$is$satan : He's stalking me at the dorm'.

My$daddy$is$satan : He knows.

Kyungsoo's😈 : ?

Kyungsoo's😈 : Kai stalking you?

Kyungsoo's😈 : What do he do exactly? What does he knows?

My$daddy$is$satan : He follows me everywhere in the dorm and watches everything I do.

My$daddy$is$satan : He even said to me "I will find what's going on.".

Kyungsoo's😈 : ...

Kyungsoo's😈 : Yes, it's weird.

Kyungsoo's😈 : But I don't think he really knows. He wouldn't have said that if that was the case.

Kyungsoo's😈 : Perhaps he thinks I am doing something shady? Drugs?

My$daddy$is$satan : That's not better...

Kyungsoo's😈 : Sorry. 😔

I hear someone walking toward me.

My$daddy$is$satan : What should I do?

Kyungsoo's😈 : How do you feel?

My$daddy$is$satan : I don't know how to keep it up for the days I have left if Kai continues. I am really stressed... I feel lost.

Kyungsoo's😈 : Do you remember the code of my credit card?

Kyungsoo's😈 : Get a room in a nice hotel not too far from the dorm.

My$daddy$is$satan : U sure? :(

Kyungsoo's😈 : Sure. 👍

Kyungsoo's😈 : I want you to enjoy yourself for the last days. 😊

"Kyungsoo? What are you doing here?!"

I take my eyes off my phone to find a Suho who just came back from work.

"Thinking about my next role. Being here helps me to understand the character. "

My lies improved a lot. I send a quick text to DO.

My$daddy$is$satan : I have to go

Dusting on my clothes, I get up to get on the same level as Suho.

"How was your day?"

"The usual." answers Suho with a look of doubt. "Kyungsoo. I think it's time that we talk."

For the second time today, my heart skips a beat.

"W-Why?"

I must look so stressed right now. I can't contain my worries.

"Something is odd with you lately. I want us to discuss that privately." Suho uses a very serious tone.

"I can't. I have to prepare to go to a set for a few days. I have to go now."

Thank you DO...

I return back to the dormitory while pretending that I repeat some lines from one of the last scripts I am working on. The last ones I memorized. The excuse is really good to avoid any more talking.

Contrary to Kai, Suho is respecting the fact that I don't want to talk more. He doesn't look at me and keeps his usual calm.

Back to the room.... While preparing my stuff to go to my future room... Kai is still looking at me. Chanyeol isn't home yet.

"Where are you going?"

I avoid his eyes. "Filming requires me to sleep on location for a few days."

"Convenient."

Kyungsoo's😈 : I sent you the location of a good hostel nearby. Tell me if you need anything else.

I am so grateful that I put my phone on my heart, as if I was hugging it. Thank you DO. Thank you so much.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The room was easy to find. No one recognized me. I can't believe how luxurious the room is. The night view of Seoul is gorgeous. All the lights in the city look like some stars in the sky. The bed is big enough to sleep with 3 people. The TV is really big. I discover at the entrance of the room a large hi-fi system. A USB cable is already hung there. I plug in my phone and select "Love Me Right". The sound quality is terribly good.

I start dancing, alone in a room where I can finally be myself. I find a large mirror to wiggle in front of and of course I take advantage of my beautiful voice. I sing the parts of all the members and do part of the initial choreography, part of strange movements of my own composition.

It feels good to be free at last. To no longer be watched.

I take DO's computer and make a Skype video call.

"Just love Right. AaA. Baby Love me Right."

My caller bursts out laughing.

"Happy you love the room."

"Dance with me!"

We danced like possessed until my family interrupted DO. They probably think I've gone crazy, but that's okay. Just for this happy memory we created, it was worth it.

I feel a bit sad I had to flee the dorm for my last days. I miss them all. My short time in their lives increased the love I felt for them. Especially the love I feel for Kai.

Despite the tension between us these past few days, I have been able to discover a man who is always there when you need him. I never imagined him to be so perceptive.

On stage, we see an extremely y dancer.

In front of the camera, we see a shy but very smiling man.

In the dormitory, Kai is rather serious, focused and attentive.

I have to admit it. My fan love has turned into a more serious love. A love that can never come true. I feel bad about that but I don't regret the time I spent with them. If the price to pay is having a heart to break, it was still worth it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next day, I met a few members during my working day. The night made me feel extremely lonely. The luxury of the room is no longer enough to take my mind off things. I kill time by joining pages following the different members of the group.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The whole of the third day was devoted to a solo shoot. I couldn't meet any of the members.

Tomorrow is my last day.

My$daddy$is$satan : One day left...

Kyungsoo's😈 : Time goes by so fast. 😱

Kyungsoo's😈 : I am happy to go back to everyone but I felt so great here.

Kyungsoo's😈 : It's weird to go back.

Kyungsoo's😈 : More vacations please. 😄

My$daddy$is$satan : Can I call you?

Kyungsoo's😈 : Sure

I starts the call. I don't know where to start. I scratch my head as if it will help my thinking.

"How dare you destroy my beautiful hair? Is this how you take care of my body until I get back?"

I start laughing softly. DO is a real gift to the human race.

"Actually, I wanted to ask you a question. I'm always afraid of getting caught, but I'd like to have my last day in the dorm with the members."

"Are you sure you'll be okay?"

"Yes. I miss them. I'll do my best to enjoy my situation as little as possible ahah."

"Be careful, I'll ask them questions when I get back." He laughs.

*knock knock knock knock*

"Who can that be at this hour?" Do seems confused. "I hope it's not a stalker."

"Stay tuned."

I get out of bed to see who's behind the door. I see a man covered from head to toe through the peephole of my door. At first glance he reminds me of Kai.

How would he have found my room?

Come on, it's all right. Nothing is going to happen.

I open the door.

"Kai?"

He rushes into the opening, takes off the scarf that was hiding a good part of his face and his hat. His gaze seems determined.

"I'm sure of it now. You are not Kyungsoo."

Huh?? How? What? My world is falling apart.

"I was sure you were lying and I was right. You didn't go to sleep near a shoot. You took a hotel room to escape." Kai comes closer to me. "Did you really think I was stupid? Did you think I couldn't ask the manager where you really went?"

I don't understand what's going on. But that doesn't give him any proof that I'm not the real Kyungsoo.

"You've gone crazy from overworking. Why shouldn't I be the real Kyungsoo? Why shouldn't I want some time for myself?"

Kai gives a sly smile.

"Kyungsoo would never call me Kai. Wouldn't have forgotten his passwords overnight as he uses the same ones everywhere. All your gestures changed on the same day as this famous memory loss. The way you express yourself too."

I don't know how to answer that. He has really gotten through to me. I only had one day left to go and I managed to make a monumental blunder. Can DO hear everything? The computer is right next to us.

Kai follows my gaze and grabs the computer. He is visibly surprised by my interlocutor.

"Did you hear everything?"

"Yes, I did..."

I am frozen. I don't know how to react. I don't know what I can say to improve the situation. Or possibly to get us out of it.

"You can stop pretending now. Anything you can say from now on will be useless." Add OD to my attention. "Hi Jongin. It's been a long time."

Kai's eyes widen. "Soo?"

DO nods.

"Is this really possible? Wasn't I crazy?" Continue Kai.

"No, you found out our secret. I am indeed Do Kyungsoo. I'm sorry for lying all this time."

"ARE YOU SORRY? REALLY? JUST SORRY?" Kai's face is furious. He scares me very much. "Do you have any idea how I felt when I noticed how much you've changed?! At first I thought you had fallen into drugs. Then, when I started to realize that you were not the same person anymore, I ended up believing that I had gone completely crazy. And you were both going to me over until the end?"

Kai looks at us one by one and then starts screaming as if to vent his frustration. He then runs a hand through his hair. His expression changes to become deeply sad.

"Did I make you feel like such a ty friend? Unable to help you?"

"It's not-" I try to answer.

Kai cuts me off. "Don't even try." He cuts the call and heads for the exit. He points at me as if to threaten me. "You. Don't even try to come back to the dorm. You'll also tell Soo to change rooms when he decides to come back."

Thus ended the chapter of my adventures in the dorm that was so dear to me. I would not have seen any of the members again. DO has not responded to any of my messages since Kai discovered us. It took him a few weeks before he contacted me again. He changed his nickname. I didn't change the one he gave me.

DoKS: Hi.

Kyungsoo's😈 : Hi.

DoKS: I'm sorry I didn't contact you sooner.

Kyungsoo's😈 : I suppose you were very busy. I don't mind.

DoKS: To tell you the truth

DoKS: I was not feeling good enough to contact you

Kyungsoo's😈 : It's because of me... I messed up so much with Kai... Sorry. I am sincerely sorry. I don't know how I could fix my mistake with you.

DoKS: Stop.

DoKS: I already told you before it's not your fault.

DoKS: We both decided to do that.

DoKS: Now I have to assume that I made the wrong decision.

DoKS: I tried my best with Jongin.

DoKS: He won't forgive me.

DoKS: He won't talk to me anymore.

DoKS: He won't even look at me.

Kyungsoo's😈 : ...

Kyungsoo's😈 : I still feel like it's my fault...

DoKS: Saying that won't make me feel better, you know?

DoKS: I just want a friend I can talk to.

DoKS: Are we still friends?

Kyungsoo's😈 : OF COURSE !!!!! 💑

DoKS: Thank you. 😊

DoKS: You know...

DoKS: There is something I didn't say to anyone...

DoKS: I really want to share it with someone and I feel like you're the only one I can share it with.

Kyungsoo's😈 : Ok. What is it?

DoKS: Don't repeat it anywhere.

Kyungsoo's😈 : That won't be the first thing I kept to myself for you.

DoKS: True. 🙂

DoKS: I am in love with Kai.

Kyungsoo's😈 : WHAT?

DoKS: What is so surprising?

Kyungsoo's😈 : I just didn't believed your ship was true.

DoKS: Ship?

DoKS: I suppose you talk about Kaisoo stuff.

DoKS: Technically, it's not true. Kai hates me now.

Kyungsoo's😈 : Sorry...

DoKS: AGAIN?

Kyungsoo's😈 : Sorry >_<

DoKS: If you were here, I would have given you a blow.

Kyungsoo's😈 : *hiding*

DoKS: Even without the switch, he would never have liked me anyway. Homouality is badly perceived here...

We continued to talk together for hours. Like too many times since we've known each other.

I would have finished this story with a broken heart but I would have experienced unforgettable things. And above all, I gained a friend who is very dear to me. 

 

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

What did you think when you read this ending? What endings would you like to see next?