Nine

Stay
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jaewon adjusts his semi-formal shirt and runs his finger through his hair. He had gelled his bangs back so that his forehead would be revealed, enhancing the structure of his face. He takes a deep breath and checks himself from top to bottom. 
"Kijun Hyung!" He calls out.
A moment later, Kijun sticks his head into the room. "What is it?" Kijun asks, watching the fidgety man standing in front of the mirror.
Jaewon spins and around and gestures to himself. "Do I look okay?" Jaewon questions. Kijun sighs exasperatedly.
"You look fine," Kijun tells him for the twenty-third time that hour. "She's going to love it."
"You sure?" Jaewon sounds doubtful and anxious. "I mean, she's Kim Hyoyeon; I need to more than fine." 
"Jaewon, what clothes you wear doesn't really matter when you have a face as handsome as yours. Besides, I don't even think Ms Hyoyeon would even care what you wear." 
"But Hyoyeon's different. Even if she doesn't care, I still want to dress well for her," Jaewon protests.
"Okay, fine but its five thirty, you should get going," Kijun gives in. 
"Thanks for reminding me, Hyung." Jaewon grabs his car keys from the table and walks to the door. 
"Wish me luck," he says as he passes Kijun. 
"You'll be okay," Kijun reassures like a good friend he is. "Treat her well!" 
"I will!" Jaewon shouts from the first floor and then Kijun hears the front door slam. Jaewon starts up his Audi and drives out the gates. 
"Don't screw up Jaewon. Don't screw up," he mutters under his breath. 

Hyoyeon fixes her hair again. She can't help it; she has to look way better than 'great'. "Do I look okay?" She asks Seohyun who is reading on her bed. It was one rare night that SM let the girls take a break although in midst of their Mr.Mr preparations and all of them were beyond grateful to have some free time. 
"Stunning. Like a goddess," Seohyun replies only after a quick sweep of her gaze. Hyoyeon whines and stomps her feet softly.
"You're not even looking," Hyoyeon pouts at Seohyun. Seohyun sighs and puts her book down. When Hyoyeon does her aegyo, Seohyun can't seem to resist it. Right now, Hyoyeon looking at her with those doe eyes had the cuteness appeal of a giggling baby: irresistible. 
Seohyun steps out of bed and holds Hyoyeon's shoulder, spinning her around such that Hyoyeon was facing the full length mirror again. Seohyun tucks a stray strand of blonde hair behind Hyoyeon's ear. There are times when Seohyun becomes the Eonnie and Hyoding is her baby. 
"Look at you," Seohyun murmurs. "You can make an entire stadium of people stop and stare by just laughing. Let alone Cho Jaewon who is completely head-over-heels in love with you."
Hyoyeon smiles a little after hearing that. "He's not in love with me," Hyoyeon mumbles as a faint blush taints her cheeks. 
"Oh trust me," Seohyun laughs. "Even if he's not already, he will be after tonight."
Hyoyeon giggles and squeezes Seohyun's hand. God, she loves that girl. Just as she's about to open to say something to Seohyun, her phone vibrates, indicating a call. Hyoyeon practically launches herself to her bedside table and picks up the phone gingerly. Cho Jaewon is calling her. Seohyun nods encouragingly at her. Go on. 
"H-hello?" 
"Hey Hyoyeon," Jaewon chirps and Hyoyeon has to restrain herself from giggling like some pathetic schoolgirl. 
"Hey..."
"I um, I'm downstairs now..." Jaewon clears his throat awkwardly. 
"I'll come down now," Hyoyeon says. Seohyun takes Hyoyeon arm and guides her out of the room and to the front door. "See you."
Hyoyeon hangs up after that and slips her feet into stylish black heels. "Have fun," Seohyun sings and gives Hyoyeon the 'Hwaiting' sign. From the living room, Sunny and Taeyeon each shout a 'Good luck' to her as Hyoyeon steps out of the dorm. She fiddles with her clutch nervously while waiting for the lift.
"Don't screw this up, Hyoyeon," she reminds herself quietly. 

How long do girls actually need to get ready? Jaewon wonders as he taps a finger on the steering wheel. Craning his neck out of the window, he struggles to see a familiar head of golden hair stepping out of the lift. After what seemed like forever, Hyoyeon finally emerges and Jaewon immediately regrets his wishes; because Hyoyeon looks so beautiful Jaewon's sure he going to mess up and embarrass himself. 
Hyoyeon has her hair tied up in a French twist, highlighting her pretty face. She's wearing a simple black dress that reaches just above her knees with black heels to match. The dress is slightly low-cut, displaying her elegant collar bones and a little of her cleavage which causes Jaewon to remind himself to look up. Hyoyeon gives him a small, nervous smile and laughs awkwardly. Grinning, Jaewon gets out of his car to greet the gorgeous lady.
"You look beautiful," Jaewon says honestly and Hyoyeon flushes.
"You don't look too bad yourself," Hyoyeon casts an admiring look at him. Jaewon, being the gentleman he is, opens the passenger door for Hyoyeon to get in with his hand hovering over her head in case she hits it. Jaewon drives to one of his most frequented restaurants where he knows they can provide him a private room to dine in.
"The staff here won't expose anything so don't worry," Jaewon assures Hyoyeon. 
"Anything up lately?" Jaewon asks after they had ordered their food. Hyoyeon shrugs as she sips on the water.
"Comeback in a little less than a month. We're all getting stressed," she replies.
"Dance practice and all?" 
"Uh-huh. Everything." 
"Speaking of dance practice," Jaewon approaches the subject slowly. "Can you tell me why you were practicing alone that morning?"
Hyoyeon pushes her glass back. She's over him. It's been quite a long time since it happened and she's over him. "Broke-up with my boyfriend," Hyoyeon tells Jaewon.
"I'm sorry," Jaewon apologises sincerely and Hyoyeon gives him a small 'it's fine' smile.
"He cheated on me for ten months," Hyoyeon says even though Jaewon never asked, but she knows he's curious.
Jaewon opens his mouth to speak again but Hyoyeon cuts him off. "But I'm okay now, really. It was stupid." 
Jaewon looks like he wants to say something more but he doesn't. "And what about you?" Hyoyeon questions. "Any reason why you were at the dance studio?" 
"Oh, just stress relief." 
"So you dance?" Hyoyeon's lips form a slow smile. 
"I guess?" Jaewon says, uncertain. "I used to take lessons back when I had the time." 
"That's cool," Hyoyeon quips, excited. Jaewon looks at her cute expression and chuckles.
"So did I impress you? I know you like dancers," Jaewon smirks. Hyoyeon flushes slightly. She scoffs.
"Are you any good?" She challenges Jaewon. 
"I was the best in my class." Jaewon still h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter