Eight

Stay
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I've been thinking, Hyo," Jessica says as she stretches to touch her toes.

"About?" Hyoyeon asks while half-distracted by the burn from her calves from yesterday's dance practice.

"Marrying Tyler."

Hyoyeon looks at her in surprise. opens. Jessica is still staring down at the floor, her back bent forward to keep her stretching pose. "You are?" Hyoyeon finds herself saying.

"Yeah." The America-born brunette shrugs a little, her eyes flickering up to meet Hyoyeon's for a second before darting away. "We've brought it up a couple of times and we're both serious about this relationship, so why not?"

Hyoyeon doesn't know what to say. Sure the girls have talked about settling down and getting married, but it was more of a 'oh that would be nice' more than an 'it's going to happen' kind of thing. Right now, Jessica seems dead serious about it. "Have you told the company?"

Jessica shakes her head. "No, you know how SM gets when this kind of stuff gets brought up. But, I want to tell you all." Jessica looks into Hyoyeon's eyes earnestly. "So that if one day we really do decide to get married, I would have someone's support."

Hyoyeon smiles and takes Jessica's hand. "If he's the right guy for you," Hyoyeon tells her. "Go for it. We'll work things out."

Jessica squeezes Hyoyeon's hand gratefully. "Thanks," she says quietly and shuffles closer to Hyoyeon and gives the dancer a hug. Hyoyeon pats Jessica's back comfortingly. Out of all the girls, Hyoyeon, Jessica and Sooyoung had the longest trainee years. When young Hyoyeon first stepped into SM training grounds, Jessica was quick to take the girl under her wing. Hyoyeon was probably the only trainee not intimidated by Jessica's cold disposition, and that caused Jessica to take an interest in the dancer. Slowly, Jessica started opening up to Hyoyeon and the two became inseparable. Now, when Seohyun wasn't around, Hyoyeon would find Jessica to have a serious talk and vice-versa.

"I really hope everything works out in the end," Jessica mumbles into Hyoyeon's shoulder.

 

"Tomorrow we have another practice, okay?" Taeyeon announces. There was a series of 'sure's until Jessica clears . "I have to meet sponsors for Blanc."

Taeyeon pauses her spoon mid-way to . She drops it back into the takeaway container and stares at Jessica dead in the eye . "Sica, our comeback is in less than a month," Taeyeon stresses.

"I know, Taeng," Jessica says. "But it's the only time the spongers can meet me."

Taeyeon tightens her jaw. "Which is your priority now? Blanc or Girls' Generation?" Taeyeon asks bluntly. The others look at Taeyeon in surprise, no one daring to interject.

"What are you talking about? It's Girls' Generation, of course," Jessica says with a frown.

"Really? Because your actions don't tell me that," Taeyeon deadpans with a tinge of venom in her voice. The girls' gazes dart nervously from Taeyeon to Jessica. For a moment, Jessica just stares wordlessly at Taeyeon, her eyes narrow and dark.

"Are you trying to say something?" Jessica almost growls out.

"Nothing." Taeyeon shoves a spoonful of rice into and chews slowly. "Just be careful."

"About what, Taeyeon?"

"You know the company doesn't like this," Taeyeon responds with her eyes still glued to her food. Jessica rises from her sitting position and approaches Taeyeon. Alarmed, the girls stand up and walk towards Jessica.

"What does the company like?" Jessica hisses. "We're almost twenty-five, Taeyeon, we should be allowed to live our own lives. So what if I want to start a fashion line myself and get married?"

"And leave your responsibilities behind as Girls' Generation?" Taeyeon questions back.

"I didn't-"

"Yes, you have." Taeyeon glares at Jessica. "The company told me if you don't stop prioritizing Tyler Kwon and your fashion line, they would do something about it."

"And you know that 'something' wouldn't be good," Taeyeon adds in the last part quietly.

"Don't bring my relationship in," Jessica says through gritted teeth. "It's not as if you and Baekhyun are doing much good for Sonuyshidae either."

Taeyeon's eyes widen and she flinches from Jessica's words. They were all aware that Taeyeon and Baekhyun's relationship was an extremely sensitive topic. Hyoyeon moves to place a firm hand on Jessica's shoulder and the rest hover around anxiously. "Sica, stop," Hyoyeon whispers but Jessica shakes off Hyoyeon's hand roughly.

"I'm tired, Tae," Jessica's says, sounding defeated. Taeyeon doesn't say anything.

Hyoyeon glances from Jessica to Taeyeon. Sure, they had fights before, but not to this extent and Hyoyeon doesn't like where this is going. She wants to say something funny to lighten up the atmosphere like the mood-maker she is, but for the first time, she has nothing witty to say. Jessica's bottom lip quivers the slightest bit before she turns on her heel and strides out of the practice, leaving behind eight stunned girls in her wake.

Taeyeon stands as still as a statue while the other shoot each other worried looks. Knowing Jessica's temper, it would be best to leave her be till she cools off. Finally, after an agonizingly long minute, the Kid Leader breaks from her trance and moves to throw her takeout container away. "So we practicing or what?" Taeyeon stares at each member. The girls nod simultaneously and hurry to take their spots.

 

Hyoyeon sighs. She looks at each member's face from the mirror. They all look exhausted and worn out and Hyoyeon decides that continuing wouldn't be helpful either. She stops the music player, causing the girls to stop dancing mid-way.

"We should take a break," Hyoyeon suggests. "Go have lunch and then come back again."

Her words draw many murmurs of agreement, and even Taeyeon complies. Switching on her phone, Hyoyeon finds five new messages from Jaewon. Despite the drama going on, Hyoyeon smiles.

Don't worry, I think you'll do great for this comeback!

Drink more wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter