Two

Stay
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"You look exhausted."

Hyoyeon looks up to see Sunny leaning against the counter sipping on her chocolate milk. Sunny narrows her eyes and runs them over Hyoyeon.

"Morning," Hyoyeon says, indifferent. Sunny remains silent and continues to stare at the dancer.

"Hyoyeon," Sunny murmurs. "Is something wrong?"

"No," Hyoyeon says flatly and focuses on flipping the egg.

"Hyo, you look like you're gonna pass out," Sunny sighs and stretches out her hand to place it on Hyoyeon's forehead. Hyoyeon backs away and busies herself by placing the fried egg on the plate.

Sunny furrows her brows and puts down her milk. She then grips Hyoyeon's wrist and pulls the pan out of her grasp. Hyoyeon looks at her, confused. Sunny gives Hyoyeon a look and pushes her down into a seat.

"Rest," Sunny commands using her "I'm-still-older-than-you-so-you-listen-to-me" voice. Hyoyeon was about to protest when an all-too-familiar voice interrupted.

"Hyooo..."Sooyoung whines as she stretches her long arms and gives a big yawn. “Foooooddd."

Sunny rolls her eyes and grumbles something about "that goddamn shikshin" and coolly sweeps away the plate before Sooyoung inhales it all. Sooyoung is followed by her fellow shikshin-Yoona-with Yuri trailing behind. The rest of the members file into the kitchen soon after and it doesn't take long for them all to take their seats.

"You look like , Hyo," Sooyoung bluntly comments with stuffed with toast. Hyoyeon looks up from her cereal bowl to meet the eyes of her members all staring at her.

"Are you sick?" Tiffany enquires worriedly.

"No," Hyoyeon replies.

"Then why are you not eating?" Tiffany juts her chin towards Hyoyeon's uneaten cereal. Hyoyeon goes silent. That, she does not have an explanation for. She feels a warm hand hold hers and immediately recognised it as Seohyun's. Seohyun gives her a squeeze.

"Not hungry?" Hyoyeon offers lamely and shrugs her shoulders. Tiffany looks at her doubtfully and Seohyun still has a tight grip on her hand. Hyoyeon takes in a deep breath; she is not in the mood for questioning. "I'm just gonna go wash up..." she mutters, ducks her head and hurries out of the kitchen to avoid further interrogation.

Sunny was right, Hyoyeon realises as she stares at the mirror. She looks exhausted: puffy, bloodshot eyes, pale complexion and sunken cheeks; Hyoyeon looked more like a zombie than a person. She shakes her head at her reflection and thinks that she better get her makeup done before heading to the salon to spare the stylists a heart attack.

 

Hyoyeon breathes out through her nose and leans against the leather couch. All around, h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter