Six

Stay
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"And I just thought I would go dance and clear my mind," Hyoyeon finishes her brief explanation, replacing the parts about Jay and his new lover with 'things just got a little rough between us'.

Yongdeok sighs and tears his eyes away from the road for a second. He saddens seeing Hyoyeon hugging her knees to her chest, eyes downcast and gloomy. Hyoyeon had always been the cheery member in SNSD; the reason for the members' smiles, and he certainly wasn't liking their Hyoding getting upset because of a worthless guy.

Yongdeok stops right outside their apartment block and Hyoyeon unbuckles her seatbelt. She leans to the side to give her manager a small hug as thanks and Yongdeok rubs her back comfortingly. "I'll be here if you need me," he says softly. Hyoyeon smiles and nods. She heads upstairs first while their manager waits downstairs for all the girls to come down together. As Hyoyeon steps out of the lift, she mentally prepares herself for the avalanche of questions her members would be giving her. 5,4,3,2,1. Hyoyeon mentally counts and pushes the door open. At once, eight heads turn to her. It takes the girls three whole seconds to register Hyoyeon standing at the door but when they do, they pounce on her.

"You idiot! What happened?" Someone- probably Jessica- screams and straddles her hips.

"Hyo eonnie!" That's Seohyun. "Are you okay?"

"Manager oppa said you were in the hospital!" Yuri screeches into her ear.

Her members continue to shout questions at her and Hyoyeon winces at the noise. She wriggles around on the ground, trying to break free from the human cage the girls have put her in.

"Wait!" Tiffany shouts but it was more like hollering because of her loud voice, but at least it got the girls' attention. "Let her speak, we're not giving her a chance to, and please get off Hyoyeonie, she just came back from the hospital."

Hyoyeon has never appreciated Manager Hwang more than then. She finally breaks free from the mess of limbs and takes a second to catch her breath. The members stare at her expectantly.

"Okay," she begins. The girls lean closer with wide eyes. "I went dancing." The girls nod eagerly and egg her on.

"And then I fainted," Hyoyeon says slowly. "And some guy brought me to the hospital. The end."

"Some guy?" Sooyoung smirks and nudges Yoona who is next to her. Together, they giggle and Hyoyeon rolls her eyes.

"He was being kind, okay? And end of discussion, we're going to be late," Hyoyeon concludes and strides away to the room to change to something more presentable.

"Love your shirt, Hyo!" Yuri screams. Even more giggles. Hyoyeon sighs exasperatedly. She has a feeling the girls would be teasing her about her 'Superman' for a long time.

 

"You sure you're able to do this?" Taeyeon asks for the thousandth time. They were on the way to the performance venue and Taeyeon was not convinced that Hyoyeon was fit enough to perform.

"She's right, Hyo," Sunny pipes up. "I mean, just a few hours ago you literally fainted from exhaustion and you still have a fever."

"I'm fine you guys," Hyoyeon reassures.

Seeing the unconvinced looks on her members’ faces, she says, "If I really feel like fainting or whatnot, I promise you I will stop and rest." Hyoyeon pouts a little and tugs on Seohyun's shirt; she really doesn't like aegyo but desperate times call for desperate measures. "Think about the fansss," she adds.

"If you say so," Taeyeon sighs in defeat, doubt evident in her voice, but it was good enough for Hyoyeon anyway.

 

The applause and cheers they got was thunderous. Hyoyeon smiles for the fans and ignores the faint throbbing in her head. She wobbles slightly and Seohyun immediately holds her elbow to steady her. The lights dim and the girls release their poses and rush off backstage to make way for the next artist. Seohyun sticks close to Hyoyeon and brushes their shoulders. Are you okay ?Hyoyeon smiles and bumps their hips lightly. I'm fine.

Seohyun receives two bottles of water and passes one of them to Hyoyeon. Hyoyeon gulps down the cool liquid gratefully as Tiffany walks towards her.

"Hyooo," Tiffany calls. "You have a phone call." Tiffany waves the phone back and forth. Seohyun wanders away to give Hyoyeon some privacy. Hyoyeon frowns at the unknown number but slides across the screen to answer anyway.

"Hello?"

"Hey." The voice is deep- a male definitely.

"Erm, d-do I know you?"

The person laughs which only confuses Hyoyeon more. "Forgotten me already, Hyoyeon?" Mystery Guy teases. "It's Jaewon, the handsome guy who saved your life."

Hyoyeon resists the urge to roll her eyes at that. "Hi and why are you calling Mr Oh-So-Handsome?"

"You have my shirt, remember?" Jaewon says and smiles at the girl's short-term memory.

"Oh yeahhh," Hyoyeon says.

"And also because I want to meet you again," Jaewon adds in quickly. Hyoyeon is speechless for a second. Did he really just say that? She blushes.

Jaewon coughs. "So um, wanna meet somewhere?"

"S-sure," Hyoyeon replies, still blushing.

"Okay," Jaewon says happily. "You decide the place."

"I'll text you the address." There's a tap on her a shoulder and Hyoyeon looks up to see a make-up artist gesturing for her to get her make-up touched up.

"Hey, Jaewon?"

"Hm?"

"I have to go now," Hyoyeon says a bit reluctantly.

"Oh. Okay. See you?" Jaewon asks hopefully.

"Yeah, see you," Hyoyeon answers and smiles.

"And Hyoyeon?"

"Yeah?"

"Save my number alright?" Jaewon says.

"Alright," Hyoyeon laughs.

 

Jaewon stops outside a small cafe. He double-checks the address. Yep, it's the right place. The cafe Hyoyeon wanted to meet up in was a small place, located right at the end of a street full of big restaurants. It did not have a huge sign shouting its presence to passerbys unlike the fancy restaurant next to it. In fact, Jaewon would have driven right past it if not for the man emerging from the cafe carrying two cups of take-away coffee. The bells jingle when Jaewon pushes the door open and he scans the cafe for a blonde head. Over at a small corner right at the end of the cafe, Hyoyeon waves him over. Seeing her, Jaewon can't help but break out into a happy grin.

"Hey," he greets and sits down opposite of Hyoyeon.

"Hi," she says back. Hyoyeon's smile on her face matches his. The waitress comes over to take Jaewon's order (Cappuccino) and then leaves so that the pair can have their privacy.

"How did you find this place?" Jaewon asks curiously.

"Well, I was walking around late one night and this was the only coffee shop open. And besides, they have the best coffee ever," Hyoyeon claims. "And also very nice croissants."

"You walk around at night looking for coffee?" Jaewon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter