Seven

Stay
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A little after an hour and many dumplings later, the girls finally leave the restaurant after their manager calls saying that he was going to pick them up. Hyoyeon, Seohyun and Sooyoung walk behind the rest, laughing at Yoona goofing around with Sunny. Tiffany keeps them from embarrassing themselves too much or stealing some stranger's food as they wait for their manager to arrive. When a big black van rolls up to the walkway, Yoona and Sunny dive into the car first in midst of their goofing session.

"Sica eonnie!" Yoona exclaims in surprise at the girl sitting at the passenger seat in front. Jessica grins and turns around to wave at her members piling into the car.

"Hey," Hyoyeon greets the girl. "Everything okay with B&E?"

"Yep, everything's fine," Jessica replies and smiles at Hyoyeon's concern. Once the door slams close, Sooyoung rushes to inform Jessica on the latest gossip.

"Hyoyeon's got a boy," Sooyoung blurts out and giggles. Hyoyeon hisses at the tallest member in irritation. Jessica raises an eyebrow as she looks at the girls at the backseat through the rearview mirror.

"Oh? Is that so?" Jessica says in amusement. "Who has our Dancing Queen's heart?"

"He's just a friend," Hyoyeon mumbles for the umpteenth time that night.

Sooyoung completely ignores her. "His name's Cho Jaewon."

Jessica narrows her eyes and exhales slowly. "Cho Jaewon..." Jessica says, pronouncing each syllable clearly. The girls look at her in curiosity.

"Do you know him?" Seohyun asks.

"No, but his name sounds very familiar...I'm sure I've heard it somewhere before..." Jessica's voice trails off. "What's his job, Hyoyeon?"

"Um, business related stuff."

"I swear I've heard his name mentioned before," Jessica says seriously.

"The guy who brought Hyoyeon to the hospital?" Manager Yongdeok barges into their conversation suddenly. Jessica nods. "Me too, he looks familiar. I think I saw an article about him in some magazine or something."

"An article about him?" Yoona says in amazement. "What if he's some badass guy who robbed a bank and is now on the loose?"

"I don't think a wanted criminal would be strolling through the streets of Seoul carrying a member of Korea's most popular girl group, Yoona," Jessica points out.

"But whatever the case," Sooyoung says. "He must be some sort of public figure to garner that much media attention."

The members murmur in agreement at Sooyoung's statement. Hyoyeon stares out the window at the passing cars. Even though she got to know Jaewon only a few days ago, something about that guy made her trust him. If so, the fact that he might be some undercover superstar dude only made Hyoyeon more attracted to him. Hyoyeon wonders idly, what she's getting herself into.

 

Business related. Jaewon texts back. Hyoyeon sighs and taps her finger against the screen. Jaewon had first texted Hyoyeon to check on how she was doing during dinner, and the two had started exchanging messages after.

Seriously Jaewon, what do you do? Hyoyeon asks again, hoping for a proper reply this time.

Business. I run a company. Okay, some progress, Hyoyeon thinks, partly satisfied with his reply.

My manager oppa said he saw you in a magazine article.

Yeah, that was some years back when I first took over. When I just turned 23 if I'm not wrong.

Taking over a company at 23? Hyoyeon can't help but feel impressed.

I had a lot of help so... Comes Jaewon's modest reply.

But still...

How are you? Jaewon suddenly asks, trying to change the topic.

You've asked that for the fifth time. Hyoyeon giggles.

Well, as Kim Hyoyeon's savior, I find it important to know that my damsel is fine. Jaewon's reply causes Hyoyeon to blush. She grabs her bear plush toy and hugs it to her chest tightly as warmth spreads throughout her body.

I'm fine :) She types and his reply comes almost instantly.

That's good. I'm relieved. He stops typing for a while but resumes shortly after.

It's late, Jaewon says, you should go to bed soon.

I should, Hyoyeon agrees.

Can't sleep? Jaewon asks.

Kind of...I might take a sleeping pill later; it works wonders.

Don't take too much medication, Hyoyeon; it's bad for your body. Jaewon types and Hyoyeon can practically hear the worry in his words.

I'm going to call you, okay? Jaewon says all of a sudden.

Huh? Hyoyeon says, a bit surprised.

I'm gonna tell you boring, long-winded stories about my not very exciting life and maybe that will put you to sleep.

Hyoyeon laughs. Okay.

And less than five seconds later, she gets an incoming call from Cho Jaewon. She puts her phone to her ear and snuggles deeper into her soft bed.

"You were serious?" Hyoyeon questions half-jokingly.

"Sure I am," Jaewon says and he sounds like it. "Anyway, did I tell you about the time I was three and kicked up a big fuss about the rain?"

Hyoyeon giggles. She's glad Seohyun had gone back to visit her parents for the weekends so she has the room to herself. "No," she says. Jaewon then starts narrating the story of that 'one rainy day' and Hyoyeon listens.

"So my parents placed me in a bathtub," Jaewon finishes. Hyoyeon laughs.

"And then there's the time I got lost..." He launches into another recount. Hyoyeon blinks as her eyelids get heavier. She puts her phone on speaker and sets it on her bedside table. She likes Jaewon's voice; it was warm and soothing, just what Hyoyeon needs to fall asleep. Then, just as Jaewon finishes his fourth story, Hyoyeon feels her mind clouding over with sleep. Her breathing slows as she wonde

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter