Chapter 37

Into You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
CHAPTER 37 – THE POURING RAIN

 

Kris arrived early at The Kitchen restaurant. He was still wearing the black suit from this morning. He came straight from office after his apprenticeship. He didn’t get any chance to come back to his suite and change his outfit.

 

*Imagine Kris's hair is being pushed back*

 

“Welcome to The Kitchen. Do you have any reservation, sir?” A formal-dressed lady greeted him after he entered the restaurant.

“Yes, under Erik Wu's reservation,”

The lady checked on the note clip on her hand then nodded. “Right this way, sir,” Kris followed her in quiet. He put his hands in his pocket. The lady led him to one of the private lounge in the corner.

Kris entered the lounge and took a seat that facing the door. No one arrived yet. The lady gave him the menu book and left him alone before telling that he can call the waiters and order by pushing the bell on the center of the table. Kris only nodded as response. He checked his emails while waiting. Suddenly the door of the lounge being opened again, someone has arrived. Kris automatically looked up from his phone and found Miyoung entered.

“Miyoungie?” Kris surprised that she was also invited to the dinner.

“Hi, Kris,” Miyoung took the seat opposite of Kris.

“I didn’t know you were also being invited. But to think about it, you're also part of the news that I should explain over this dinner,” Kris calmly said.

Miyoung smiled lightly. “Yes, your father invited me too,”

Kris just nodded as response. Miyoung stared at Kris in silent. Kris knew that he was being stared at Miyoung. “I saw the video about you were being interviewed this afternoon,” Kris started to open a conversation.

Miyoung perked up and put all of her attention on Kris when he brought up the topic.

“I don’t like it, Miyoung,” Kris deadpanned.

“What do you mean?” Miyoung frowned.

“I don’t like it when you stated to the medias that the hand on my Instagram post was yours. You knew very well they belong to who,” Kris said as he folded his arm in front of his chest.

“I accidentally said that to the reporters. They kept asking me questions,” Miyoung defended.

“I can accept you stated that we were dating, even though it’s so wrong. But you claimed the hand was yours, I can’t accept it. I will clarify all this misunderstanding to the public,” Kris firmly stated.

Miyoung scoffed. “See! You’ve changed!”

“You kept telling me that I’ve changed. What do you mean by that? And what’s so wrong to admit the real story about last night, explain that we didn’t do any immoral thing and clarify that we’re not dating?” Kris’s tone suddenly turned cold.

“If we told the media the real story about last night and admitted that we’re not dating, how about me, Kris? I will be labelled as a liar and pathetic woman!” Miyoung debated.

“How about me too if public kept assuming that we’re dating? I have a girlfriend,” Kris exclaimed back.

Miyoung frowned. “Well, we can keep pretending to be dating in public. But in reality you are with her,”

“No, it will hurt her feeling. I don’t want to hurt her. If we don’t clarify this misunderstanding, when I spot in public with Jinah in the future, people will assume I cheat on you with her. Besides why should we pretend to date when we can clarify everything and tell to the world that Jinah is my actual girlfriend?” Kris gave out his idea.

Miyoung frowned deeper. “Why are you so afraid this will hurt her?”

“Because she is my everything now. If she hurt, I will hurt too,” Kris answered with a dreamy expression. Imagining Jinah’s hurtful expression if she found about this misunderstanding news.

Miyoung chuckled and then her chuckles turned into laugh. Kris stared at her weird behavior. “Why did you laugh?”

“You knew me longer but you’re afraid to hurt her instead of me. What spell did she cast on you, Kris?” Miyoung kept chuckling.

“Love spell,” Kris said absentmindedly.

Miyoung scoffed and still chuckled for a bit. “If it’s love spell. Why did you not see mine?” she stared at Kris right in the eye.

Kris stared back at Miyoung in wonder. “What do you mean?”

Miyoung smiled. She took a really deep breath.

 

.

..

...

 

“I love you, Kris,” She confessed.

 

.

..

...

 

Kris gaped at her in total shock. “No way!”

“Yes, Kris. I am with you all along and you can’t see that I love you all this time. While you just knew her not too long ago and you choose to be with her instead,” Miyoung smiled.

“I…,” Kris blinked his eyes and tried to compose himself.

“You didn’t realize it, do you? Well let me said it again, I love you all this time Kris. Not as friends but as woman to man. You were always make me your priority. I’m important for you. We’re favorite person to each other,” Miyoung hold her gaze on Kris.

Kris shook his head. “No you don’t. You’ve mistaken your feeling as love, Miyoung,”

“How did I wrong about my own feeling? I love you Kris. It’s hurt me every time you said that we’re just friend and I’m just a sister for you. I want you to love me back. I want your heart. You’re always be there for me before, but she took you away from me. You became so distant to me,” Miyoung argued.

“You don’t want my heart, Miyoung. Just hear your words before, you said I’ve changed after I met Jinah. You just want my attention because all along before Jinah came it’s all yours. You’ve mistaken it as love. Love is more than that,” Kris ended his speech with a smile.

“If I don’t love you then why I always happy every time I met you. I always eager to met you. My heart beating fast every time I was closed with you,” Miyoung kept argue about her feeling.

Kris shook his head with a heavy heart. “I’m sorry, Miyoung. I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter