Chapter 32

Into You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
CHAPTER 32 – VALENTINE'S DAY

 

During the departure of Kris to Canada, Jinah spent her days normally as she usually does. They seldom did a phone or video call. They just sent some text on WhatsApp or Line chat to each other because of the 16 hours of time differences between Seoul and Vancouver where Kris did his training. When Seoul was morning already of the next day, Vancouver was still on the night of the previous day.

Now, today is already 14th of February. That mean today is the Valentine’s Day. Since a week ago, Yoona, her friends, her classmates or most of the girls around Jinah were nonstop talking about this day. They either talked about their plan with their boyfriend / love interest or about something they wanted to give. While Jinah, she was just being a good listener because she already promised Kris to let him plan their special date on the weekend later and her boyfriend had been away from her for almost 2 weeks now. She didn’t feel envy at all because of that.

But…. When Yoona got a big bouquet of roses from Changwook this morning, Eunji also got a bouquets of lilies from Chanyeol, Krystal and Hyuna got many chocolates from their admires and even her mother got a card from her father, that’s when Jinah felt envy. There’s no valentine’s greeting yet from Kris, well maybe it’ because it’s still not 14th of February yet there at Vancouver. So Jinah only tried to calm herself and be patient. Moreover, Kris hadn’t contacted her since 22 hours ago. Yeah, she’s counting.

Jinah only can watch from the side when Hyuna’s and Myungsoo’s bag full with gifts and confession letters. Even Chanyeoal also got some gifts from his loyal fans despite he’s not single anymore. She usually got some gifts or confession letter every year on this date, but oddly this year she didn’t get any. Weird.

“Why did you pout like that since this morning?” Myungsoo noticed Jinah’s expression after Myungsoo accepted another gifts from some girls on their way to the cafeteria.

“Nothing,” Jinah shrugged her shoulder nonchalantly.

“She’s being bitter because her boyfriend wasn’t here with her,” Hyuna replied instead.

“Or did you envy with me because I got many confessions today?” Myungsoo asked cockily.

Jinah narrowed her eyes. “You’re so full of yourself,” she pushed Myungsoo’s shoulder. “Don’t mind me. I’m just the girl who misses her boyfriend,” Jinah dismissed her friends.

When they almost reached the cafeteria, some girls that Jinah recognized are the girls she ever met at the library with Hyuna the other day approached the three of them with adoration in their eyes. As if they were waiting for them to arrive there, waiting for Jinah to be exact.

“Sunbaenim, you’re so lucky!” Jiyoung exclaimed when she was already standing in front of Jinah.

“We’re envy of you,”Jinri aid with excited voice which got an eager nod from Jiyeon and Sohyun.

“Err guys… I don’t get what you are talking about,” Jinah trailed off. She turned to Hyuna and Myungsoo. Myungsoo shrugged his shoulder and Hyuna shook her head. The two were also as confuse as her.

“Just see by yourself, sunbaenim,” Jinri said excitedly.

“Have a good lunch and have a nice valentine’s day,” Jiyeon saluted Jinah and escorted her friends to enter the cafeteria first.

“Those girls are really admiring you,” Hyuna commented as they proceed to reach the cafeteria again.

Right after Jinah stepped into the cafeteria, all eyes automatically turned toward her. She was feeling so awkward at the moment. Hyuna and Myungsoo also caught of guard by the sudden attention they got since they stood right beside Jinah. She spotted Chanyeol and their other friends waved at them on their usual table.

“Jinah!!! Over here!” Chanyeol exclaimed with excited voice.

Jinah slowly walked toward the table. That’s when she realized there’s a large box on top of the table and Seokjin, Kris’s PA, raised from his seat beside Lay. Jinah looked at the mysterious box and Seokjin curiously. She can saw Yoona and her friends from another table not far from them were giving her a teasing smile.

“I got an order from Mr. Kris Wu to deliver this for you right on this day,” Seokjin said to Jinah with a very clear voice as he pointed to the mysterious box.

“Oh thank you, Seokjin-ssi,” Jinah thanked him. She approached the box and observed it closely. She’s also curious about the content inside the box.

“Open it, Jinah,” Suho suggested while eyeing the box.

The others at the table nodded eagerly with the same curious expression on their face. Jinah was actually reluctant to open the box because she can feel most of people there were paying attention on her. She can saw from her peripheral view some of them craned their necks to get a closer look. But she did it anyway. Jinah hold the top lid of the box. Right after she lifted the lid the four sides of the box quickly falling down then presenting a box of beautiful red roses and colorful balloons inside a bigger transparent balloons with ‘Happy Valentine’s day Jinah’ written on it.

 

*Imagine it was written as 'Happy Valentine's Day Jinah', okay ;)

 

Jinah gawked at the content of the box. So do her friends and the audiences at the cafeteria who witnessed it. Jinah was so touched by the effort Kris did to her. Even he is far away, he still didn’t forget to give her a sweet surprise like this. The envy feeling she felt before vanished in instant.

“He also asked me to give you this,” Seokjin a letter in to Jinah’s hand. He quickly left the cafeteria after he completed his task.

“Kris oppa is so sweet. He’s not here but he didn’t forget to greet Valentine’s Day to Jinah and give her a sweet surprise,” Hyuna commented with dreamy eyes.

“I’m so jealous,” Krystal put her chin on top of her hands that rested on the table.

Chen and Kai groaned in silent. Eunji glanced at Chanyeol which Chanyeol only responded with his signature bright smile. Suho and Kyungsoo sighed because Kris indirectly made a quite high standard of being a sweet lover. Myungsoo were observing the box and its content closely. Sehun and Tao were busily taking some pictures and posting it to their Instagram Story.

“I think I don’t have any chance anymore,” Luhan said dejectedly. Lay patted his back.

Murmurs were heard at the cafeteria right after the box opened. The student who witnessed the event before were commenting about Kris and his little surprise.When nobody were busy among themselves and Jinah felt nobody paid any attention to her, Jinah sat on the vacant seat between Baekhyun & Kyungsoo and opened the letter which Seokjin gave her before. Jinah immediately can recognized Kris’s handwriting.

 

Dear Jinah,

Happy Valentine’s Day! I’m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter