Chapter 35

Into You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
CHAPTER 35 – THE WIND BLOWS

 

‘Take care, sweetheart. Good luck! Win that for me,’ Kris’s word before Jinah boarded her plane still lingered in her mind.

Kris hugged Jinah longer than usual. He didn’t forget to take a long sniff of her hair. Tried to remember her scent for the next two weeks. Her family and friends came to her to the airport.

‘Don’t be naughty while I’m away,’ Jinah teased as she pinched Kris’s nose playfully.

Kris saluted her while gave his usual charming smile. Then he kissed her forehead longingly. No one interrupted their moment with snarky comment or remark. They tried to give the two lovers space. Even Jinah’s father pretended to talk with his wife and Changwook who join to Jinah to the airport.

‘Good luck, Jinah!’ ‘Fighting, noona!’ Series of supportive messages from all of her family and friends escorted her departure.

‘Bye guys! See you in next two weeks!’ Jinah waved her hands to her family and friends. Then she walked in to the boarding room.

 

“Welcome, ladies!” A pretty woman’s voice broke Jinah’s trance from the event in the airport before. The woman was beaming happily at the contestants in front of her. Her face was in perfect V-shaped with prominent jaw. She was gorgeous!

Jinah and the other finalists cheered at the woman. All of the them were tall and pretty. Pretty in their own way. This might be tough competition.

“We’re glad to have you all here in the Asia Pacific Super Model Contest,” The woman said cheerily. “I’m Ko So Young,” She introduced herself Jinah and the other contestant from South Korea knew her. Well, she’s one of the popular actress, TV host and model of South Korea. But for other contestant from other countries they didn’t know her yet. She was the host and one of judges of the competition.

There was another beautiful woman beside Ko So Young. She is Isabella Kim, one of the famous and stunning supermodel of South Korea. She’s also the judges and mentor along their quarantine process. Ko So Young made a long speech about the rule for the competition this year and aspects that will be compete among the finalists. There was three aspects that will be judges, photograph (close-up, full body, for magazine, for advertisement and catalog), catwalk and video-shooting for advertisement.

“Prepare for the adventure, Ladies! Good luck!” Ko So Young finished her speech as she clapped cheerily.

And with that the competition officially began. 33 beautiful women from all across Asia Pacific compete among each other to fight over the winner position of Asia Pacific Super Model 2017.

 

 

Kris’s POV

It’s been 11 days 19 hours 25 minutes 38 seconds Jinah was away. Yes, I was counting. That’s how I miss her so bad. My life literally become dull again just like before she came in to it.

I was in my condo alone. It was 7 PM. I was lounging in front of the TV at living room while reading some proposals from work that I should finished to learn tonight. Rourou was playing around on his own. My concentration in analyzing the proposal broke when suddenly my phone rang indicated there was an incoming call. I peeked at the screen and found Miyoung’s name on it. I paused from my work and slid the phone screen to pick up the call.

“Hello,” I answered the call.

...

..

.

“Miyoung?” I asked after there’s no respond from her.

There some ruckus and faint EDM music heard in the background. Her giggles resonated afterward. “Kr-Kris-sshhh,” Miyoung finally responded. Her voice slightly slurred.

“Miyoung, what is it?” I asked in alarmed.

She giggled again and a hiccup followed after it. “Kris~”

She sounded like she wasn’t in her conscious state. ‘Is she drunk?’ I can’t help to wonder.

Then she suddenly burst into cry and wailed loudly. “Huhuhuhu.... hiks...hiks...hiks,” She sniffed.

“Hey, are you okay?” I asked in worry. Afraid she was in trouble.

“Kris, come and be with me,” She slurred while crying.

“Hey, what’s going on? Are you with somebody else now?” Now my attention focused on the phone call.

“I’m with my friends. But I want you to come here right now, Kris,” Her voice sounded a bit depressed.

“Where are you?” I hurriedly turned off my TV.

“I’m at Oracle,” Sniffed. Sniffed. Her cry was still there.

“Don’t go anywhere. I’m going to pick you now,”

“I’m waiting, Kris,” And with that all. She disconnected the call.

I quickly changed my outfit to more decent than my sleepingwear I was wearing right now. Then I grabbed my phone and car’s key. I drove my car to where Miyoung is. Oracle is one of the best club in Seoul. It was a penthouse located on top of the floor of Hwaray Hotel at Gangnam. The hotel which owned by The Hwang family.

I can’t help to be so worried by her sudden cry on the recent call. Miyoung is my one of my close friends just like EXO. We’ve been friend since we were kids. I always looked out for her since we were young. I always helping her when she got into trouble or getting bullied when we were school in America. She’s as precious as Tao to me and other EXO member. She’s like a sister to me.

Lately, we seldom contacted each other through chats or hang out together. The last time we had our quality talk to each other was when we had our short getaway to Busan. Well, it’s because I prefer to spend my time with Jinah now. I felt a little bit guilty to Miyoung. I forgot and set aside her when I have a girlfriend. Should I go out with Miyoung while bringing Jinah too? So my close-friend can be friend with my girlfriend. Hmmm... why I didn’t think about it before?

Few minutes later, I arrived at the Hwaray Hotel. I parked my car at the VIP park

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter