Punishment

You're So Magnetic

 

 

"Do you really have to do that?" Joo Hyuk asked Eunbi when they had finally left the school canteen and brought her out to the hallway.

 

He was a bit mad over her decision to drag herself into the mess with GOT7.

 

 

"Of course. They deserve it. Someone needs to teach them a lesson. And I did it," Eunbi wiggled her eyebrow playfully even when her friend was staring at her, disbelief.

 

"You're really something, Go Eunbi. You should have teach them the lesson last few years, not when we're in senior year."

 

"There's nothing different about that." Eunbi rolled her eyes and made her way to walk along the hallway before Joo Hyuk quickly went to walk beside her.

 

"It is. You know, they might bother you again and again from now on."

 

Eunbi stopped in her tracks and glared at the tall boy who blinked his eyes for being puzzled, "What's with that glare?"

 

"You can stop worrying about me, Joo Hyuk. I know how to handle the mess that I made."

 

With then, Eunbi left him and headed to their class when the bell rang to alert the students that recess time has ended.

 

Joo Hyuk let out his heavy sigh, "Looks like she's pissed off because of me."

 

 

 

Eunbi entered her classroom and noticed some of her classmates started to look at her over the incident that happened earlier.

 

Some of them whispered to each other and shook their heads before shifting their gazes back to what they were doing.

 

Eunbi took her novel under her desk to continue read a chapter that she marked where she stopped reading.

 

She ignored everything around her, even when the noises in the classroom were getting louder when GOT7 got into the class.

 

"Damn, I can smell kimchi from you, BamBam." Yugyeom complained while shaking his head.

 

"All of us got the same thing on our shirt because of that girl!" Youngjae ed his school shirt, revealing his plain black t-shirt inside.

 

Mark glimpsed at a familiar figure from the back who was sitting at her place. It's her. And she looks so relax after what she did to us.

 

"Mark and Jinyoung are lucky since they didn’t get too much stain on their shirts." JB commented before Jackson went to push his friends aside after spotting Eunbi at her seat.

 

Jackson smirked when something ran into his mind.

 

"What's with that smirk now, Jackson?" Mark asked, curious to know more.

 

BamBam opened a soda can in his hand and was about to drink it before Jackson snatched it away from him.

 

"Hey!" "Thank you, friend." Jackson patted on BamBam's shoulder and smiled with hidden meaning behind it as he made his way toward Eunbi's desk.

 

All eyes were watching them. Except Eunbi. She wasn't being alerted about someone who was heading to her desk when she was too busy reading the book in her hands.

 

Until someone poured the soda drink on it and drenched her school shirt.

 

Eunbi gasped of shock over the thing that happened on her before the soda can was thrown to the floor.

 

"Yeah! You go, Jackson Wang!" Yugyeom cheered of joy.

 

"He did it for the sake of our group! I love GOT7!" Youngjae bro-fisted with JB and Jinyoung who who were amused to watch the scene.

 

Joo Hyuk entered the class right on time when he saw Eunbi got treated badly when he wasn’t there.

 

He clenched his teeth and his anger started to built up inside.

 

"How does it feel when something that belonged to you, got drenched with a soda?" Jackson asked when he leaned closer to her face as Eunbi remained silence in her seat.

 

Mark rolled his eyes and he just decided not to watch more and making his way to his seat at the corner back of the class. I decided not to watch the scene. Besides, Jackson got this.

 

Joo Hyuk ran hurriedly and pushed the GOT7 members when they almost blocked his way to get Eunbi.

 

"WHAT THE HELL DID YOU DO?!" Joo Hyuk yelled, shoving Jackson away from Eunbi.

 

"Aw, looks like the hero is here to save her again," JB mocked.

 

Eunbi chortled like it didn’t affect her at all over what happened.

 

She stood up from her seat, eyeing Jackson carefully. "At least, I don’t smell like a kimchi. A soda is a small matter for me."

 

"WHAT?!" Jackson grew impatience when she could show how calm she could be.

 

"YOU BETTER WATCH WHAT-" Jackson took a step forward to hit her but Joo Hyuk blocked him and pushed his arm away.

 

"Stay away from her!"

 

"You better not touch our Jackson or hurt him!" BamBam warned.

 

"Nam Joo Hyuk, stop it, will you?" Eunbi held her anger to witness her friend being dragged into the scene.

 

"The only person that I'm going to deal with is her! Not you, !" Jackson tried to shove Joo Hyuk who stood in front of Eunbi but Joo Hyuk's hands were quick to grab his collar.

 

"Then, you should deal with me, too." Joo Hyuk and Jackson were now glaring at each other and the grip around Jackson's collar shirt grew tighter.

 

"Nam Joo Hyuk! Go Eunbi! Jackson Wang! Follow me!" Mr. Kwon appeared at the back door out of nowhere when a student reported to him about what happened in the class.

 

---

 

"What exactly happened between three of you? It's the first day of school and you've created a problem!" Mr. Kwon said when he looked at the three students who stood in front of his desk.

 

"Jackson, I thought you're going to change and have a good attitude since it's your senior year!"

 

"Nam Joo Hyuk, I didn’t expect you to behave like this on your first day and this is the first time you've been called because of disciplinary problem."

 

"And you, Go Eunbi. You're the top student in this school and your father is one of the school's board of directors. Don't you think that it is important for you to behave all the time and avoid yourself from doing anything that might lead you to the disciplinary problem?"

 

They heard Mr. Kwon very well and there was no way they could say a word when he didn’t want to hear any of it.

 

"I can only give you this one chance by not deducting any of your points but it doesn’t mean that I won't be punishing you," Mr. Kwon stood up from his seat to eye his students carefully.

 

Jackson bit his bottom lip and waited patiently until Mr. Kwon finished his words. Please don't let us clean the toilets or anything. I'd rather let him deducts my points!

 

"Clean all the windows at the lobby before you're going home. I'll check it to make sure that you've cleaned it well."

 

"But, sir…" Jackson tried to say something but Mr. Kwon was quick to lift his hand up in the air, telling him to stop.

 

"Just do it. Or maybe you want to clean the toilets, Jackson?" He asked the boy and Jackson immediately shook his head, wildly.

 

"If you have nothing to say, you may go now and do your work."

 

Three of them bowed and started to make their moves to leave his room to settle the work.

 

---

 

"If only you didn’t create the mess with me in the first place, we won't have to clean these damn windows!" Jackson complained as he wiped a wide window in front of him in regret.

 

"You were the one who decided to pour all the soda on Eunbi." Joo Hyuk claimed and sprayed something at his window and continued wiping meanwhile Eunbi in the middle didn’t utter a word.

 

"Hey, Go Eunbi! Is it fun for you to do this?" Jackson looked at her from the corner of his eyes.

 

"Do you know how to shut your mouth for awhile?" Eunbi glared.

 

"No, I don't. I'd rather talk a lot than keep quiet. That's why I'm known as the mood-maker in GOT7." Jackson continued.

 

"I wonder how you handle yourself being friend with someone who is quiet as her. Don’t you feel awkward, dude?" Jackson pointed the question to Joo Hyuk who almost pissed off with his voice.

 

"Before this damn thing get into your eyes, you better shut your mouth. I bet you don't want to go blind for the rest of your life." Eunbi warned him and held out the spray in her hand to his face but Jackson quickly took a step away.

 

"Calm down, woman. Are you having PMS right now? You've been mad all the time." Jackson rolled his eyes before hearing the loud noises coming from the hallway. It was his friends.

 

"Hey, Jackson! Spending your free time cleaning the window?" Youngjae whistled and laughed with Jinyoung who stopped by to check their friend.

 

 

 

The others trailed behind them.

 

"Save your breath for tomorrow if you still want to see the sunshine," Jackson groaned and sprayed more to the window.

 

JB managed to glance at Eunbi for a moment and kept both of his hands in his pockets, "You're so kind for doing this for the sake of our group."

 

"Yeah, you even took my soda drink to pour on someone. Turned out you're here cleaning the window with her and her hero," BamBam high-fived with JB.

 

 

Mark watched Eunbi and Joo Hyuk who kept wiping the window without looking at them even when they heard his friends mentioning about them.

 

As Eunbi shifted her gaze and looked directly at Mark, he plastered a sly smirk.

 

"We're heading home first, Jackson! See you later!" JB said before leaving Jackson alone without his friends.

 

He watched them through the window, walking away and left to the school gate. I'm stuck with these two humans.

 

By then, Eunbi's phone rang in her black school coat's pocket.

 

She put down the spray on the floor before taking it out, only to see a name appeared on her phone screen.

 

It was her mom.

 

Joo Hyuk saw Eunbi kept staring at the phone screen when she noticed the caller.

 

Eunbi immediately rejected the phone call and kept the phone back into her pocket.

 

"Why didn’t you answer the call?" Joo Hyuk asked curiously and she smiled bitterly to him.

 

"It's not important." Eunbi replied.

 

Jackson hummed to his favorite song and enjoyed his time alone while doing random dance, without bothering the other two.

 

Eunbi grabbed the spray on the floor, "I'm done. I'll be heading home first. Please tell Mr. Kwon if he asks about me." She left the place and Joo Hyuk couldn’t say more when he felt like something could probably bothered her mind after the phone call.

 

Jackson saw she was leaving and gasped, "Where is she going?!"

 

"Home." Joo Hyuk answered.

 

"It's not like she had done cleaning the window!"

 

"She worked faster than you do, idiot."

 

"Did you just call me 'idiot'?" Jackson's eyes grew-wide at the word Joo Hyuk said out to him. "Yeah." Joo Hyuk calmly replied.

 

"You ignorant brat!" Jackson gritted his teeth of anger and Joo Hyuk carefully took a step backward to avoid himself away from him.

 

---

 

Eunbi reached home on time and walked passed a huge living room in the house before a mid 50's woman greeted her.

 

"Good evening, Ms. Eunbi. Finally, you're home." Her one and only maid, Ms. Gong, who had been working in the house for almost twelve years.

 

Eunbi flashed her a smile, "Good evening, Ms. Gong."

 

"Would you like to eat something before I cook for dinner?"

 

"Cookies and a cup of hot chocolate. If you don't mind." Eunbi requested her favorite snack and her maid nodded as she knew exactly how she loved cookies since she was a kid.

 

"Then, I'll head upstairs. Just send it to my room after twenty minutes. I need to wash up first."

 

Carefully, Eunbi held her dark purple back pack and climbed upstairs, heading straight to her bedroom.

 

The door was clicked opened and she entered her huge bedroom, seeing everything was in neat.

 

 

Shutting the door behind her, Eunbi put down her back pack on a pink cushion sofa before landed on her comfy king-sized bed, fully covered with her teddy bears.

 

She took her phone out from her pocket and saw one missed call from her mother.

 

She chortled, "Just one missed call? I was waiting for twenty or more than that." Eunbi threw her phone on the bed before sat up.

 

"I should get a hot bath to calm my mind." Eunbi took off her school coat and left it on her bed, leaving to the bathroom.

 

Ms. Gong knocked the door of Eunbi's room after twenty minutes had passed like how she was told to bring the snacks and there was no answer.

 

Slowly, she opened the door and saw Eunbi wasn’t there.

 

"She's probably in the bathroom." Ms. Gong put down a tray in her hands filled with a plate of cookies and a cup of hot chocolate on a white table near with the bed.

 

She went knock the door of the bathroom before Eunbi opened the door widely, with her hair covered using a white towel.

 

"Ms. Eunbi, I've prepared the snacks. Please enjoy it." The maid politely said.

 

Eunbi formed a smile for her even when she rarely did that to anyone else. "Thank you, Ms. Gong."

 

Eunbi dragged her legs lazily to the bed with her soft pink bathrobe and grabbed one chocolate chip cookie before her phone vibrated and lighted up with a caller's name appeared on the screen.

 

She took a bite first and checked the name again. It was another call from her mother.

 

Ms. Gong saw the look from her face and smiled awkwardly, "Are you not going to answer the call?"

 

Eunbi finished the last bite and rejected the call, "It's not an important call."

 

"But, it has been awhile since the last time she called you." Eunbi laid her eyes on her maid who stood there, hoping that Eunbi would realize about it.

 

Too bad, she was wrong.

 

"Should a mother call her own daughter once in two to three months?" Eunbi felt her mood was ruined again to remember about her mother and Ms. Gong couldn’t say a word, except to stay silent in her place.

 

"Forget it. I'm not answering her phone call."

 

"I can't say anything about that, then." Ms. Gong spoke and excused herself to leave first before she remembered something and stopped in her track.

 

"I almost forgot that your father told me that he will be at home a bit late, today. He told you not to wait for him."

 

"Don’t worry, I'm not going to wait for him though." Eunbi replied, smiling bitterly to her maid at the mention of her father.

 

"Thanks for the cookies, Ms. Gong." Eunbi stood up from her bed and left to her dressing room.

 

Ms. Gong closed the door shut and shook her head while letting out her heavy sigh. Poor her. She got everything that she wants in her life but not happiness.