Warning from GOT7

You're So Magnetic

 

Two weeks had passed and it was the day of Eunbi's mother's wedding. She had decided to attend her wedding on that time and met her again.

Eunbi put on small white pearl earrings and brushed her hair once again before fixing her baby blue dress. She stared at a long mirror in front of her and heaved a deep sigh to think how she was a bit nervous.

 

She heard a soft knock from the door and Haneul opened it to check her, "Are you ready?"

 

"Yeah. Let's go." She answered and picked her cell phone with her purse, leaving the room to meet her cousin who was waiting for her, wearing a black suit.

 

It was her request when she wanted Haneul to accompany her while attending the wedding ceremony. She knew her father wouldn’t be there and there was no way Eunbi was going there alone.

 

It was a long drive when it took about two hours and half for them to reach at their destination. Eunbi fiddled with her fingers nervously and stared out through the window.

 

Haneul glanced at her for once and focused back to the road. He knew how does she felt ever since she had been living with her dad and was going to meet her mother again after years had passed.

 

"If you think that you can’t attend the wedding, we can go back." Haneul spoke. Eunbi shook her head and smiled, "I'm fine."

 

"Alright. If you're not, you should let me know. Maybe we can change the plan to spend time together before I'm leaving to Japan tomorrow." He the signal to make a turn to the left, entering the area heading to a building.

 

Eunbi and Haneul went to search for a hall and they noticed guards and a few guests with beautiful attires were waiting at the outside and flowers decorated everywhere before the entrance door, congratulated the newly-weds.

 

"Should we get in to see your mom?" Haneul asked.

 

She knew that the bride was probably waiting in a room until the time had come. She looked up at him, nervously, "Right now?"

 

"Yeah. It's better for you to meet her before they start. We still have the time." But then, a young lady passed by in front of them and Haneul called her, asking where they should meet the bride and she showed them the right direction to the bride's room.

 

Both of them thanked the young lady and went there together. There were a few guests who waited at the outside of the room to take pictures with Eunbi's mother.

 

Eunbi looked from the outside of the room, through the small window. Her mother was plastering a bright smile to all her guests and her white wedding dress seemed to fit with her very well.

 

Her heart ached, to be honest. But she knew that she couldn’t do anything for that. It was her mother's choice to get married again.

 

But then, she heard women at the outside of the room were gossiping and whispered something and Eunbi could still hear it clearly.

 

"Do you know that she had an affair with him when he's still married?" The first woman told to another two friends of hers and they were surprised.

 

"Really? So, the rumors that I've been hearing all this time was right?" Another one asked in disbelief. "I heard that this is her third marriage. She only have one child from her first marriage."

 

"I bet she's married to him for the sake of the money. How can she smile after ruining someone else's marriage?" They continued and Eunbi in a deep breathe to ignore all of the bad things about her mother.

 

She didn’t know either those facts about her mother was right or wrong.

 

Haneul placed his hand on her shoulder, gently to inform her that it was their turn to meet the bride personally. Eunbi bit her bottom lip and nodded as they walked into the room.

 

Her eyes were locked on her mother and they were looking at each other. She wasn’t surprised to see her mother, except her mom. Her expression showed she wasn’t expecting her daughter to attend on her wedding day.

 

Haneul bowed in respect for her, "Hello, Ms. Cho. It's nice to see you again. Congratulations on your marriage," he congratulated and flashed his bright smile for her. The woman eyed him up and down, "…Is that you, Haneul? You've grown up to be a handsome man now!" She said in joy.

 

Eunbi watched over how her mother acted in the room. You forgot that you left me for many years. Haneul oppa was a little kid back then.

 

"How about your parents? Are they doing well?" Yoon Hee asked and Haneul tried his best to smile, "Yeah. They are."

 

The room filled with silence when Eunbi's gaze didn’t slid off from her mother. Not that she was amazed to see how she looked on her wedding day. She just hated seeing how her mother didn’t feel guilty at all when she saw her daughter again.

 

Haneul knew that both of them needed the privacy so he decided to excuse himself first. He whispered to Eunbi, "I'll be waiting at the outside."

 

The door was closed and only both of them were left in the bride's room.

 

Yoon Hee put aside a bouquet of flowers in her hands and went to reach for her daughter.

 

"Eunbi-ah…" Her mother pulled her into a tight embrace and caressed her back. "I missed you so much, honey. I really didn’t expect you to come." She whispered softly and Eunbi didn’t move an inch or decided to hug her back.

 

Liar. I can tell you don’t miss me that much. I can feel it. Yoon Hee pulled away and held her daughter's cheeks.

 

"How are you, sweetheart? Are you doing well in your school? Is there anyone bullying-"

 

"Is it true?" Eunbi cut off her words.

 

Yoon Hee furrowed her eyebrows, "What do you mean?"

 

"Those rumors that I heard about you. Saying that you ruined someone's marriage because of money?"

 

Yoon Hee gasped when Eunbi stared at her mother to demand an answer. "Eunbi, you know that I'm not going to do such things. Of course the rumors isn't true. Don’t you believe me?"

 

Eunbi tried to read it from her eyes. There was the same rumors about you on your previous marriage. Yoon Hee tried to reach for her hand but Eunbi avoided it.

 

"I decided to be here after dad persuaded me. Or else, I wouldn’t be here." Yoon Hee gazed at her daughter, "Do you love your father that much?"

 

Eunbi didn’t know if she should be answering to her question or not. But she remembered how her father was there and didn’t neglect her like how her mother did. At least, he's always there by my side when I need the love from my parents.

 

"Congratulations on your marriage. Live well, mom." Eunbi bowed to her before she spun around to leave her in the room. Her heart sank to know that her mother didn’t try to stop her and apologized for what she did in the past.

 

She closed the door behind her and held her chest. Why am I the only one who have to suffer this problem?

 

Eunbi dragged her legs to the other way and wanted to be alone. She knew that she needed to calm down first before finding Haneul.

 

She walked by herself and remembered all the things that she said to her mother. "You did well, Eunbi. You did well. At least, she will realize it soon." She in a deep breathe before shadows appeared, blocking her way.

 

Eunbi jerked her head up to meet her eyes with two unfamiliar figures, glaring at her like she just murdered someone.

 

"You must be the bride's daughter, aren't you?" Dajung which seemed a bit taller than her said and flipped her light brown hair to her back. Daehyun, who was a bit younger than her stood beside his sister.

 

Eunbi frowned, "Who are you?"

 

"Does question should be answered with a question too?" Dajung asked, coldly. Eunbi scoffed, "I don’t have time for this," she was about to walk away but the boy blocked her.

 

"It's right, noona. She must be that witch's daughter!" Eunbi titled her head with his words. Don't tell me that these two kids supposed to be my step-siblings.

 

"That's right, we're your step-siblings. Surprised?" As if she could know what crossed in Eunbi's mind, she smirked to know that she had finally met with the right person.

 

"It's better for you to tell your mother to stop the marriage. Do you know how she ruined everything? We used to be a happy family before but your mother caused everything happened!" Dajung gritted her teeth.

 

"No. I don’t know anything and I prefer not to know more."

 

"You should warn your mother!" Daehyun pushed Eunbi from trying to escape and his sister watched the scene, amused over how he acted.

 

"It was your father's fault too. If he really appreciates the marriage between him and your mother, he won't even think to go this far."

 

"Watch your words!" Both of them grew impatience at her words and Dajung was about to hit her before someone interrupted three of them, making Dajung to stop immediately.

 

 

"Mark…" The name escaped from Dajung's lips and she quickly pulled her hand away.

 

Eunbi heard the familiar name very well and jerked her head up to see Mark was standing beside her.

 

"Is there any problems?" He asked, curiously. Dajung grinned and started to play with the end of her hair, being shy in front him, "No. Nothing much. We're trying to get to know each other," Dajung lied and nudged her brother to act cool.

 

"Yeah, hyung. She seemed a bit lost. So, we're trying to help her." Daehyun added another lie.

 

Mark faked a smile and held Eunbi's wrist, tightly, "Well then, excuse us. I have something to talk with my classmate." Mark told them and he dragged Eunbi away from them and she tried to struggle from his grip.

 

Dajung gasped in disbelief at the sight of the two. "…Classmate? Mark knows her?!"

 

 

Mark brought her somewhere away from the wedding hall and let go off the grip around her wrist and Eunbi stared at the red mark he left around it.

 

She glared deadly, "What the hell is wrong with you?!"

 

"I was trying to save you. Nothing much." He answered and he looked around to see only both of them at the hallway. Eunbi leaned against wall behind her and she bit her bottom lip hard.

 

"Well, thanks for that." She sarcastically replied and eyed him, "Just why did you drag me away from them?"

 

"Because you looked like you were in a trouble. I couldn’t help seeing you being bullied with your own step-siblings." Mark casually said to her and she gaped, "You…heard us?!"

 

"Accidentally. I didn’t mean to."

 

"What else do you know?" She wanted to make sure he didn’t know too much about her secrets.

 

Mark gave a casual shrug, "About your mother's third marriage and how she ended up getting married to one of a well-known businessman. About you as her daughter from her first marriage," he explained.

 

Eunbi heaved a deep sigh and pushed her bangs off from covering her face, "Did you stalk everything about me?"

 

"I'm not. As I said, I accidentally heard your conversations and the other guests were talking about your mother."

 

Eunbi cursed in her mind. , now he knows everything about me. It's getting worse now.

 

"How did you end up to be here?"

 

Mark pointed to his black suit, "To attend the wedding. My parents know your step-father very well."

 

"Step-father my . I prefer not to put them into my life dictionary." Mark chuckled at her answer and she glared at him when she wasn’t making any jokes to be laughed at.

 

"You better get off from my sight now. We might be classmates but I don’t want to waste my time to talk to you," she said to him and Mark crossed both of his arms across his chest.

 

"I can say that I'm the only one who knows about this matter. All the rumors and who is your mother," Mark told her and flashed a sly smirk.

 

Eunbi scoffed, "Is it a good thing for you to know everything?"

 

Mark shrugged, "I'm not sure. But, I don’t think that you want the other students know the truth."

 

"You better not mess with me, Mark."

 

Mark leaned closer to her and she tried to take another step backward, "Same goes to you. I'd prefer if you stop messing with GOT7. Stop looking down on us. I'm good in keeping secrets but if you decide to mess with us, again, don’t regret for that."

 

"Are you threatening me now?!" She hissed.

 

Mark gave a small smile, "I'm just warning you from dragging yourself into troubles. Your secrets are safe with me." Mark patted on her shoulder gently and left her alone at the hallway.

 

She gasped in disbelief with his words. I'm dead. Totally dead.

 


 

 

Eunbi sat in a living room and watched a TV but her mind couldn’t focus when she kept thinking about Mark's words.

 

If only he wasn’t there. If only he didn’t know everything.

 

Haneul took a remote control on a couch and switched to news. He just wanted to get an update of what was happening before news caught his attention and he turned the volume up.

 

[BREAKING NEWS]: A huge fire occurred in Taerang Girls High School which located in Incheon, this afternoon. It was reported that all the students and school staffs are safe from the disaster and managed to escape safely.

 

"That's bad. The whole building was on fire!" Haneul said when the news showed the recorded scene at the location.

 

Eunbi wasn’t hearing any of his words or the news. Her mind flew somewhere else and Haneul noticed how she kept quiet for the whole time. He threw a small cushion to her and Eunbi surprised.

 

"What's wrong? You're day-dreaming!" Haneul questioned her. He was a bit concern when Eunbi wasn’t being as usual. "Nothing." Eunbi picked the cushion and placed on her lap.

 

"Is it because of your mom?"

 

"No." "Then?"

 

"I'm a bit tired, that's all." She made an excuse. Haneul gave a soft pat on her head, "You should get in and take some rest. I'll call you when dinner is ready," he told her but Eunbi pouted while shaking her head.

 

"Not for now. You're heading back to Japan tomorrow and there are a lot of stories you need to tell me!" She laughed.

 

 


 

 

"Have a safe journey, oppa," Eunbi hugged Haneul for the last time at the airport and they pulled away before Haneul went to hug his uncle to say his goodbye.

 

"Send my regards to your parents, Haneul. Come and visit us more often, boy," Hyun Soo gently patted his nephew's back and he really wished that Haneul would stay longer than two weeks.

 

"I will. Take care of your health, samchun. You too, Eunbi. See you guys again." He pulled his black suitcase and made his move to leave two of them and waved his hand.

 

Eunbi watched with her father as her cousin slowly disappeared from their sights.

 

Her father looked at his daughter, patting on her shoulder, gently, "Let's go."

 

They had lunch together after leaving the airport since Hyun Soo wanted to spend his time with his daughter alone. Although there was no conversation between them, Hyun Soo was relief that she didn’t refuse to eat with him.

 

"How's your mom? Did both of you had a good talk?" He broke the silence and cut a slice of meat in his plate.

 

Eunbi swirled her spaghetti in her plate with a fork, "Not really. I congratulated her and left early."

 

"You didn’t stay longer when you had the chance?" He looked curious to know but his daughter's gaze didn’t slid off from her plate. "I didn’t wish to stay longer when people kept talking about the rumors. I'm sure you know about it too."

 

"Yeah. I heard about it. I was worried if it's going to hurt you."

 

Eunbi gazed at her father, "No. Not at all. I don’t feel like to get hurt because of that. It has nothing to do with me." She in a deep breathe, "Let's not talk about this matter, dad. I thought you brought me here to cheer me up," she sipped her orange juice.

 

Hyun Soo smiled warmly, "Sorry about that, honey. How's school? Do you have any problems?"

 

"Everything is alright so far. Nothing much." She answered. Either she was being honest or lied to her dad. There's someone who bothers me a lot.

 

"Good. It's your senior year, sweetheart. I'm hoping the best for you." He held her hand to caress it while forming a smile. Eunbi locked her eyes with her father and her heart touched at his words.

 

"Dad…" "Yeah?"

 

Hyun Soo paid his attention to his daughther, "I just want to tell you that I won't be going to the school and going home with Mr. Yoo."

 

He put down his spoon, "What's wrong?"

 

"I prefer to be independent this time. It's my senior year and I want to do everything by myself. You should stop worrying about me."

 

"But, what if something-" "I'm a big girl, dad. Trust me. I'm not going home alone. I can take the same bus with Joohyuk. You know that you can count on him."

 

She waited for her father to give the approval when he took a few seconds to think. And at the mention of her good friend's name made him not worrying too much.

 

"Sure. I'm giving you the chance since Joohyuk is your good friend and I put my trust on him to take care of my daughter." Eunbi smiled a little and tried not to show how she got excited with his approval.

 

She nodded her head, "Noted."

 

 


 

 

Weekends were over and all JYP High School students were back to their school routine as usual. Eunbi checked her SNS account through her phone before the morning class started.

 

Joohyuk came to take an empty seat beside her and poked at the side of her head to get her attention.

 

"Stop it…" Eunbi muttered and scrolled the timeline and saw a few of the news related with Taerang Girls High School which was on fire last few days ago. She knew how it was one of the famous school in the country and most of the girls were dying to go there.

 

Joohyuk peeked beside her, "Is it about the hot news regarding the school?"

 

"Yeah. I heard the fire started from the laboratory." "Some of them had to be transferred to other schools. I wonder if there are some of them are coming to our school," Joohyuk joked.

 

 

Eunbi logged out from her SNS account and rolled her eyes, "You should stop thinking about dating them."

 

"I'm not!" Joohyuk denied and someone passed by next to Eunbi's table and purposely kicked it. Caused both of them to startle.

 

 

"Sorry, I didn’t see your table was blocking my way." Yugyeom chuckled and slung his bag over his shoulder when JB followed behind him along with other members.

 

Joohyuk gritted his teeth of anger and Eunbi held his shoulder, "Don't do anything. They're here for attentions."

 

"My eyes hurt a lot seeing these two love birds!" Jackson shouted from his seat and pretended to cover his eyes. JB laughed, "They could be the best couple of the year."

 

"And have pretty kids!" BamBam added more. Eunbi saw the last member to enter the class and their eyes were locked. Like there was a hidden secret was sent to her through telepathy.

 

Eunbi saw his slight smirk when Mark went to get his seat at the back. She was getting worried to remember about his warn.

 

I'd prefer if you stop messing with GOT7. Stop looking down on us. I'm good in keeping secrets but if you decide to mess with us, again, don’t regret for that.

 

She snapped out of from her thoughts when Mr. Kwon entered the classroom with his stoic face and put down his Korean Literature book on his desk. He eyed his students who were now in their own seats.

 

"Good morning, class. I hope you're ready with our new lesson today." He spoke and Youngjae was sighing heavily at the back and whispered to Jinyoung. "I'm not ready for his class. I'm still sleepy."

 

"Then, sleep." "Not when he's the one teaching in the morning, psh," Youngjae leaned against his seat and flipped through his book lazily. JB watched from his seat and chortled.

 

"Before we start, I would like to inform you that you'll have a new friend today who just transferred from Taerang Girls High School." He informed about the news and all students were getting interested with it.

 

"A new student?!" A boy at the back asked with excitement.

 

"Is she pretty?!" Another one beside him questioned. "It's the school that was on fire last few days, right?" A girl whispered to Tzuyu.

 

Jackson scoffed, "Oh, I'm not interested in this." He heaved a deep sigh and tried to bother JB beside him.

 

"Please come in." Mr. Kwon called the new student to enter the classroom and she walked nervously to meet with her new friends.

 

 

All attentions were on her now and she felt nervous to think that she had to start her senior year in a new school.

 

She bowed when she stood at the front of the class. "Hello, everyone. My name is Im Nayeon and I'm from Taerang Girls High School. I hope we will get along very well," she introduced herself and a few of the boys waved their hands to get her attention.

 

Joohyuk dropped his pen and gaped at the sight of the familiar face at the front of the class.

 

"She's the one who lost her puppy last week!" He whispered to himself and didn’t believe the fact that they were going to be classmates.

 

BamBam woo-ed at the back, "Damn, she's cute. Maybe we can date," he said to Yugyeom but he got ignored.

 

Nayeon plastered her charming smile and saw Joohyuk was in the class, too. He waved his hand secretly and mouthed 'hello' to her.

 

"Alright, Nayeon. There's an empty seat at the back beside Mark. You can take your seat over there." Mr. Kwon pointed to an empty seat next to Mark and she politely nodded her head and headed to her place.

 

Eunbi and Joohyuk watched as she sat beside Mark. Joohyuk heaved a deep sigh this time. I hope he won't be harsh on her. GOT7 members are no joke.

 

Nayeon put aside her back pack and felt someone's gaze was on her. She turned to her right and caught Jackson was looking at her, more like glaring.

 

 

 

She tried her best to smile but he rolled his eyes and focused to the front. Nayeon pouted. Looks like it's going to be hard for me at this new place.

 

Nayeon's gaze slid off from Jackson and went to look at Mark with his book on his desk.

 

"Hi. It's nice to meet you. What's your name?" She asked, trying to be friendly but Mark didn’t answer her. She saw his name tag written as 'Mark' and kept it in her mind before pulling out her notebook to place on her desk.

 

Well, I don’t know how I'm going to handle this. Maybe they are too shy. I shouldn’t worry much. Nayeon brushed off the thoughts and focused to the lesson.