Don't Start The Flame

You're So Magnetic

 

 

It was the recess time for JYP High school students and some of them hurriedly went to the canteen to get their meals and others headed to the school field to spend their time playing with friends.

 

GOT7 members gathered near the field and teased each other while laughing over Jackson's jokes. Until then, Jinyoung noticed something unusual when one of them wasn’t joining the group.

 

"Where's Mark?" He asked curiously when his eyes roamed around the field to find the familiar figure.

 

"He's gone to his usual place. He told me he's a bit tired," Jackson answered him and took some of BamBam's snack in his hand.

 

"Hey!" BamBam glared.

 

"Or maybe he's trying to calm his mind because of a goddess which just came back to school." Youngjae wiggled his eyebrows and it was his turn to steal some of BamBam's snack.

 

"Stop it, will you? I just took a few bites of this!" BamBam hid his favorite snack away from being stolen more and peeked inside the packet to make sure he got some of his potato chips.

 

"You mean, Tzuyu?" JB mentioned her name and sipped an orange soda in his hand.

 

"Who else is known as a goddess in this school?" Yugyeom furrowed his eyebrows.

 

"Oh my God, do you happen to think Eunbi as a goddess?!" Jackson sputtered.

 

 

His words made Youngjae and Jinyoung to almost get choked with their drinks. "What the hell are you saying?!" Jinyoung's eyes were wide-opened while staring at Jackson.

 

JB laughed and shook his head when his friends were looking at him to wait for an answer, "Stop making lame jokes, Jackson. There's no way she deserves to be called as a goddess when she got that bad attitude with everyone."

 

"Please remember that we're known as the badass group," BamBam reminded him.

 

"Stop comparing us with her! I hate seeing her face and the aura she gave to me when I had to clean the windows with her," Jackson's wide smile vanished when he remembered how he had to do the punishment with Eunbi and Joohyuk.

 

But turned out the members were laughing and teasing him more.

 

"Looks like someone is here," Youngjae's eyes caught Tzuyu heading towards them and all eyes were glued on her.

 

BamBam placed his hand to his chest, "Gosh, I feel like she shot me the love, straight to my heart! She’s a goddess! Maybe she's here because of me!"

 

 

They saw Tzuyu flashed her killer smile. Jackson nudged at BamBam's ribs, "Stop dreaming, bro."

 

"Hey, guys! Am I interrupting something?" Tzuyu stopped and her eyes gazed at each of the members. They were completely mesmerized with her beauty and her smile.

 

 

Youngjae grinned like he was being cast with a spell, "Hey. No. No. You're not interrupting us at all. We don’t mind if you want to join us."

 

 

Tzuyu remained smiling to them and she noticed Mark wasn’t there, "…Where's Mark?"

 

BamBam had been static in his place and titled his head to look at Tzuyu's flawless face with his sparkling eyes.

 

Yugyeom noticed BamBam had been in that way and shook his head, "He's the real fanboy." He thought in his mind.

 

"Oh, he's probably at the rooftop. You know, his usual spot to calm his mind." Jackson drank his orange juice after answering her.

 

"I see. I need to talk with him and since he's not here, I'll be finding him at the rooftop then."

 

"And by the way, Jinyoung!" Tzuyu suddenly called for his name and everyone looked at him before Jinyoung pointed directly to himself with his puzzled look, "…Me?"

 

"Yeah. You look great with your new haircut. This one suits you very well." Tzuyu commented and excused herself, leaving six of them to continue with their time.

 

"Be careful, Tzuyu!" BamBam told her even when she was away and left the field area.

 

"Hey, what happened to your ears?! You turned red!" JB's words made others to shift their attentions to Jinyoung when he tried to cover himself from being too obvious. "What?"

 

"Did you get blushed when Tzuyu mentioned about your new haircut?!" Yugyeom gasped.

 

Jinyoung pushed Yugyeom off from getting closer to check his face, "I'm not. It's just that I feel the weather is getting hot here."

 

"I'm sorry if I'm the reason for being too hot'," Jackson ran his fingers through his hair and his friends were eyeing him in disbelief of his words. "I'm wild and y, okay!" Jackson fixed his collar and pretended to be cool.

 

---

 

Tzuyu opened the door to the rooftop of their school building and saw a figure was laying down on a bench. Her long legs took a few steps to meet the person with her right hand holding something, firmly.

 

She stopped next to him, blocking the sun ray that directed to his porcelain face which looked too perfect with his pointed nose and pink lips that matched with his milky skin.

 

"What is it?" Mark asked when he felt someone's presence and he opened his eyes, seeing Tzuyu was smiling sweetly at him.

 

"I'm here to give you something that I bought from my hometown," Tzuyu said and Mark sat up on the bench before she went to take the empty space beside him.

 

A small red box was handed to him. Mark eyed the gift and Tzuyu a few times, without saying a word.

 

"Take it."

 

"Why should I-"

 

"Think of it as a gift from a good friend. Someone you have known since you were a kid," Tzuyu took his hand and put the gift on his palm. "Open it!"

 

Mark opened as he was told to do so and saw a dark brown leather bracelet with his name written under the bracelet.

 

"I couldn’t get you an expensive gift so this is the only thing I could get for you. I know you hate having expensive stuff from someone."

 

Tzuyu looked at him and waited until he would thank her for the gift while she swayed both of her legs.

 

"…Thanks," Mark finally thanked her and kept the bracelet back in the box.

 

"Do you like it?" Tzuyu asked more and he smiled bitterly, "Um, yeah."

 

"Make sure to wear it! I'll be disappointed if you don’t," Tzuyu gave a soft pat on his hand and she stood up, "The recess time will be over soon. Don’t skip the class, Mark."

 

He watched as the girl left him alone at the rooftop and his eyes went down to look at the gift in his hand.

 

Mark heaved a deep sigh to think over how Tzuyu had been treating him so nice until he felt uncomfortable with her around him.

 

 

Tzuyu walked downstairs and her glowing face couldn’t hide the fact she was happy when Mark did take the gift that she bought for him. Never for once she regretted to spend her money to buy something for him.

 

She reached at the last staircase and accidentally bumped with Eunbi when she was about to climb the staircase.

 

Her cold drink fell on the stairs and Tzuyu helped to pick it up for her.

 

"Oh, Eunbi, I'm sorry, I didn’t see you-" "Watch where you're going," Eunbi took her cold drink from her hand and left to the upstairs.

 

Tzuyu let out her soft chuckle over the words that she heard and her eyes trailed at Eunbi. I guess, that's the reason why most of the students dislike her a lot.

 

"Is she heading to the rooftop?" Tzuyu questioned herself and gave a casual shrug to brush it off from her mind before heading back to her classroom.

 

 

---

 

The door to the rooftop was squeaked opened and Eunbi felt the wind and her hair brushed against her face. She made her way to the side of the rooftop and cracked open the can of her apple soda.

 

Eunbi took a short gulp of it and stared at the scenery of her school building. She caught the sight of GOT7 members who were running near the field and laughing over their good times together.

 

She smirked. Those badass guys. I just hope they won't be in my sight again for this whole senior year.

 

Her phone vibrated in her school jacket and she took it out to check the caller's name.

 

It was her mom again and her face expression changed drastically.

 

If she decided to not answer the call, it was going to be the 10th missed call from her mother.

 

Before the ring ends, Eunbi swiped the phone to answer it.

 

'Oh dear, you finally answer my call! I've been calling you many times and waited until you-'

 

"What is it, mom? I don’t usually get a lot of missed calls from you."

 

'Why? Is it wrong for me to call my own daughter? I missed you a lot, sweetheart.'

 

"Straight to the point, what's your purpose to call me? I don’t have much time to talk. I'll have to get back to the class soon."

 

'I'll be getting married in next two weeks. And I'm inviting you to my wedding.'

 

Eunbi stayed silence. Her expression was void of emotions at the mention of her mother's new marriage.

 

"Oh. Congratulations. I hope you won't create too much problems when it is going to be your third marriage."

 

'Honey, don’t be in this way. I thought you'd be happy to know that I can finally get my own happiness.'

 

Eunbi let out her soft chuckle when she thought about how her mother had been treating her all this while, "I got to go now. Bye."

 

She hung up the phone call and gripped onto the metal steel in front of her.

 

The images of how her mother and her father fought flashed in her minds.

 

How her mother's face was distorted with rage on that time.

 

And how she was bawled her eyes out every night to think that she wouldn’t be having both of her parents living together with her.

 

Mark, who had happened to be sitting somewhere at the rooftop heard their conversations and peeked behind a wall to eye her.

 

At first, he wanted to get some time to be alone and told her to leave the place but after listening to her phone conversation, he remained to lean against a wall, quietly.

 

He saw how Eunbi clenched both of her fists and ran her fingers through her silky hair, in a deep breathe to get over the news that she just heard.

 

I wonder what happened between Eunbi and her mother that made her to talk in that way.

 

Mark glanced at his wrist watch to check the time. There were a few minutes left before the recess time ended. Maybe I should leave first before she finds me. He took careful steps towards the door without making her to notice him.

 

Right before Mark could pull the door, Eunbi felt someone's presence and she looked over her shoulder to see a tall figure was about to rush and leave the rooftop.

 

Eunbi frowned and the door was closed. She couldn’t really tell who was there with her earlier by looking at the person from the back.

 

Don’t tell me that the guy peeked and heard everything, Eunbi thought in her mind and bit her bottom lip, worriedly. She didn’t want anyone found out about her personal problems.

 

---

 

The school hour ended and Eunbi packed all of her stuffs into her back pack and headed to her locker at the back of her class to keep some of her books for tomorrow's subjects.

 

And someone 'accidentally' bumped with her to make all her books dropped from her hands. Eunbi hissed of annoyance to glare at him, deadly. She saw BamBam was grinning and raised his arms up in the air, "Opps! Sorry. I didn’t mean it."

 

By the look at his face, she could tell he really meant to do that on her. They really know how to get on my nerves sometimes.

 

"Watch where you're going!" Eunbi replied and put in her books in the locker and she heard JB chortled.

 

"Hey! He apologized for what he did. Don't take it too serious, alright?" JB talked on 's behalf and she slammed the door of the locker shut and she decided to stay quiet without saying a word.

 

Yugyeom let out his soft chuckle at her response, "Say something!"

 

Mark took off his headphone and walked to join his group after witnessing s gathered around Eunbi who was the only girl left in the classroom.

 

"Guys, leave it. We're wasting the time." Mark said when his eyes met with Eunbi's. "We got a lot of plans to do for today," Mark added and slung his bag over his shoulder.

 

Jackson eyed Eunbi up and down, "Mark is right. She doesn’t worth our time. Let's go!" Jackson left the classroom with Youngjae, BamBam, Yugyeom and Jinyoung trailed behind him.

 

JB walked passed by her and purposely crashed his shoulder with hers, caused Eunbi to hold onto the locker beside her.

 

Mark followed JB and he wasn’t taking a glance to look at her. Eunbi watched when seven of them left the classroom and she was pissed off with what they did on her.

 

"Hey! Eunbi! I was waiting for you!" Joohyuk's face brightened up to see his friend was still in the class. He went to reach for his friend and saw the terrible expression from her. "What's the matter?"

 

Joohyuk's eyes roamed around the classroom and remembered that he met with GOT7 when he was on his way back to the class.

 

"Did those guys bother you again?" He looked concern.

 

Eunbi slung her bag over her shoulders, "Don’t mention them. I hate hearing their names."

 

Eunbi left the classroom and Joohyuk hurried after her, "If they did something to you earlier, you better tell me right now so that I can punch their faces! Which one of them? That Hong Kong boy? Or the one that-"

 

"Nam Joo Hyuk!" Eunbi's voice made him to stop talking and he saw her glare, "Ah, what?!" He yelled back.

 

"Stop talking about them or you're going to ruin my mood for the whole day!"

 

"But those GOT7 members already ruined it," Joohyuk notified her while poking on Eunbi's cheek playfully. She brushed his hand off from her face, "Stop it."

 

"Can you treat me some drinks and snacks for today?" Joohyuk blinked his eyes and made puffy cheeks to gain her attention. Eunbi groaned at how he was trying to be cute, "Fine!"

 

"Yeah! I knew that you'd fall for my aegyo." "You look terrible with aegyo." Her lips had finally formed a small smile and Joohyuk ruffled her hair to annoy her again before she went to chase after him out of the school building.

 

 

---

 

"Your mom is getting married again?!" Joohyuk sputtered the words as he put down his mango smoothie on a table. Eunbi signaled him to lower down his voice.

 

"You've got to be kidding me?" He talked in hushed voice and Eunbi nodded her head wildly, "Did I ever lie to you?"

 

"Whoa, I'm still surprised to know this. And that's the reason why you had been having a lot of missed calls from her."

 

Eunbi traced the rim of her cup filled with hot chocolate without making any eye contact with Joohyuk who sat across with her seat.

 

"What about your dad? Did he know about this?" Eunbi gave him a casual shrug as she leaned against her seat, "I don’t think so. I bet, he don’t even want to know anything about her."

 

"Then, are you going to see your mom on her wedding?"

 

Eunbi stayed silence for a moment. She had not think about the matter after receiving the call from her mother.

 

Besides, she didn’t attend the wedding on her mother's second marriage last three years ago.

 

"I'm sorry if you feel burden with my question." Joohyuk saw the look from her face and she chortled awkwardly, "It's nothing. I'm used to this."

 

"But, whatever it is, she's still your mother. It's your own decision and I don’t want to say anything much about that. Just remember, I'm always here if you need my help." Joohyuk kindly said and her heart softened at his words.

 

"Thanks, Joohyuk. I'm glad to have you as my best friend."

 

Joohyuk's smile vanished from his face when the door of the café was opened and seven familiar faces entered and their voices echoed in the whole café.

 

Eunbi's face expression changed as she looked over her shoulder to meet her eyes with Yugyeom and Youngjae.

 

"Oh my God, we found someone in this café!" Yugyeom alerted his friends when they were about to take empty seats next to them.

 

BamBam titled his head to take a closer look, "That's right! It's Go Eunbi!"

 

JB paid for the drinks that he ordered with Mark at the counter and went to join his friends. His lips twitched to form a smirk when he met his eyes with Eunbi.

 

"Are you having a good time together?" Jinyoung spoke.

 

"Did your hero propose you to be his girlfriend before graduating?" Jackson added more and high-fived with Youngjae.

 

"Stop disturbing them. They are enjoying their times together. I could tell that he likes her a lot." JB clicked his tongue and laughed along with his friends.

 

Mark was still in his own world and scrolled the timeline of his Twitter account in his phone.

 

"Let's go, Eunbi. I'll send you home." Joohyuk stood up and wanted to take her hand but she refused to.

 

"Aw, it looks like the scene in a drama when the hero tried to grab her hand!" Youngjae was satisfied to see how Eunbi's face was flamed.

 

Not because she was embarrassed with all of the customers in the café. She was getting pissed off with them.

 

Eunbi grabbed her bag and went straight to their table. Mark was a bit surprised to see how she went to reach their table and he stared at her face.

 

 

Jackson pushed his iced coffee to Eunbi, "In case you want to pour this drink on one of us."

 

Jinyoung tried hard to hold his laughter and continued to drink his strawberry smoothie.

 

"I wonder what's in your mind to make each of you think that it is good to do this to everyone." Eunbi sneered. JB bit his lip to hold his anger, "Excuse me?"

 

"Doing this doesn’t make you look cool. What's your group name again? GOT7? Ha-ha!" She laughed sarcastically and took off the lid of the iced coffee in front of her.

 

She held the cup above BamBam's head and Mark watched how she was going to handle it on her own. BamBam was already waiting the drink to drop on his head but there was nothing.

 

"Unfortunately, I prefer not to look low as you guys." She smirked and slammed the cup on the table to make the iced coffee splashed on JB, Jackson and BamBam.

 

JB felt something burning up in his body when he watched Eunbi left the café with Joohyuk hurriedly trailed behind him.

 

Youngjae helped to pick some tissue on the table and wiped on JB's face.

 

"You're alright?" Youngjae asked.

 

Mark tried to look at s who turned to be the victims. This is why I decided not to involve in this mess. That girl is really something.

 

"Her only weapon that she got to fight with us is water! Damn it! I swear she's going to suffer for this whole year." Jackson gritted his teeth and wiped his face for the last time.

 

"At least you don’t smell kimchi for this time." Yugyeom acknowledged them.

 

"You shouldn’t start the flame in the first place. You know exactly how she would act on us," Mark said, calmly but firmly and s stared at him in confusion.

 

"You're on her side now?!" Jackson shrieked.

 

Mark chortled, "I'm not. I just thought that we need to find out her weak spots. That's the only way to make her stop looking down on us. Am I right?"

 

Yugyeom and Jinyoung looked at each other, nodding to agree his words. "Mark is right!" BamBam beamed.

 

A smirk finally appeared on JB's face to think how they still got the chance upon hearing Mark's suggestion.

 

 


 

I changed Jr.'s name to his real name as Jinyoung. Don't get confused ;)