The Birthday Party

You're So Magnetic

 

It was P.E class and students were already changed into their sport attires and waited for their teacher to arrive at the school field. The sun was getting high up in the sky and burnt their skins.

 

Eunbi tried to wait patiently when their teacher wasn’t arriving, yet. It has been five minutes and she wondered why did he make them wait.

 

"Gosh, it's so hot! Why is Mr. Sung Hoon being late for this time?" Tzuyu's friend, Ahra, complained when she couldn’t stand any longer.

 

"He's doing this purposely! I'm going to get sun burn because of this class!" BamBam whined to Jackson and tried to stand behind Yugyeom to block the sun ray from hitting on him. Yugyeom shifted his place to the other side, "Stop standing behind me!"

 

Nayeon was sweating and she eyed Joohyuk, "Is the teacher always this late?"

 

"Not really. He always be punctual. Maybe he has something important come up." Joohyuk didn’t make any bad thoughts and in a few tense seconds, the sight of their P.E teacher appeared when he jogged with his whistle hung around his neck.

 

The girls who were complaining in the first place immediately straightened up when the moment their teacher was standing at the front.

 

 

"Sorry for making you wait. There's something came up earlier." Sung Hoon explained to his students and Ahra tapped her foot on the ground, batting her eyelashes, "It's okay, sir. We're fine here."

 

"Weren't you complaining the whole time?" Tae Joon asked her and she glared at him deadly to shut his mouth. "I wasn’t complaining!"

 

Eunbi groaned as she rolled her eyes when they annoyed her. We're here not to see both of you argue about it!

 

Sung Hoon blew his whistle when the students were starting to make noise and chattered more. They stopped to talk and focused to look at him.

 

"Alright, everyone! Form four lines in front of me and make sure to have some space for yourself as we're going to warm up before doing our activities for today."

 

The students followed as Sung Hoon gave the order and Eunbi happened to line up in the same row with JB. She glanced at him from the corner of her eyes, in annoyance and he was smirking at her.

 

"Choi Youngjae, you've been talking and laughing too much at the back! You will lead your friends for warming up session."

 

Yugyeom tried to hold his laughter when Youngjae was dumbfounded after laughing over Jackson's joke, ended up he was the one to be called to the front.

 

"But, sir-"

 

"No excuses." Sung Hoon said, sternly and Youngjae dragged his legs lazily but he was managed to glare at Jackson to warn him for being the cause of it.

 

Youngjae started the warm up session and all students followed him while counting together. JB watched how Eunbi stretched her arm to the front and chuckled.

 

Sung Hoon went to replace Youngjae's place at the front as the session was over. He counted to make sure all students weren't skipping his class. He may be known as a sporting teacher and easy to talk to, but it doesn’t mean that he'd be easy to someone who took the chance to skip his class.

 

"What is our activity for today, sir?!" Ahra asked, excitedly. Tzuyu elbowed her, "Calm down. You're being too excited." "But, I'm trying to make him see me," Ahra admitted to her, not being embarrassed when a few girls in front her heard her words.

 

Tzuyu heaved a deep sigh. She needs to stop acting like this. I'm getting embarrassed.

 

"You'll play a dodge ball. We'll form into two teams and the only one person who survived, will win this round." Sung Hoon explained while holding a ball in his hand.

 

"But make sure not to throw it hard to your friend. Avoid target the ball above from the waist. I don’t want any injuries happen during the activity. Got it?"

 

"Yes, sir!"

 

"Now, split into two teams in your own way and please be fair. I'll observe how you play the game." Sung Hoon told them and the students started to count one and two before splitting into two groups.

 

Eunbi sighed of frustrated when she ended up being in the same team as JB, Youngjae, BamBam and Jackson. Meanwhile the other three ended up to be with in the second team, including Joohyuk, Nayeon and Tzuyu.

 

Jackson scrunched his nose when he found out he was in the same team with Eunbi, "Why you're in the same team as me?!"

 

"Shut up. I'm here to play a game, not to hear your voice. It's annoying," she complained when the first team gathered at the center and the second team formed a big circle to give some space for the players to move around.

 

Joohyuk held a ball and raised it up high in the air, "The game is about to start!"

 

"You better not throw it to my face!" Jackson warned him.

 

JB exhaled repeatedly and prepared to avoid the ball. Eunbi tried to read from her friend's eyes. Joohyuk better not throw the ball to me or else he'll pay for it!

 

As the ball were thrown to the middle, the students started to cheer and shouted of fear while avoiding the ball. Eunbi was quick to dodge when her classmate passed the ball to his friend and targeted her.

 

"BamBam! Throw to BamBam!" Yugyeom shouted when Jinyoung got the ball in his hand. BamBam jumped of surprised at the mention of his name and hurriedly hid behind Jackson to make him as his shield.

 

"Damn you, Yugyeom!" BamBam yelled but Jackson grabbed his arm to pull him out from his back, "I'm not going to protect you!"

 

Jinyoung didn’t think much and threw the ball to BamBam's thigh. He was the first one to be the victim. "!" He glared deadly at Jinyoung when he had to stay out from the circle.

 

A few minutes passed and some of them had lost in the game. Eunbi, JB and Jackson were survived from Mark's target after Youngjae lost. It was Nayeon's turn to hold the ball. Her eyes shifted to the players left.

 

"Quick! Throw the ball!" Tzuyu shouted across from her place. She saw JB was near with her and immediately threw the ball to him but JB managed to bend his body and avoided the ball before it hit on Jackson's leg.

 

"Jackson! You're out!" BamBam and Youngjae cheered of joy and mocked him for not winning the game. Jackson in a deep breathe and wasn’t satisfied when he became Nayeon's target.

 

"That new student targeted the wrong one!" Jackson exclaimed. Youngjae laughed, "Admit it, you're a loser. JB is the only who is trying to survive now."

 

Only JB and Eunbi were left for the first team. She was sweating too much and saw JB was panting. She chortled when she was taking careful steps to protect herself. Eunbi doesn’t really has any interests to play games before this but she didn’t know why she had the effort to win this time.

 

JB grinned, "You're going to lose, Eunbi."

 

"Don’t be too confident, JB." Eunbi replied and saw Yugyeom was holding the ball as Mark passed it to him. She saw the smirk that he plastered on his face and she could tell from his look, Yugyeom was about to throw the ball to her.

 

Just in a blink, the ball hit her head and she was getting dizzy because of the pain. Joohyuk and Nayeon gasped at the sight and JB was totally surprised with the sudden hit.

 

He eyed Yugyeom who gulped. "…I didn't mean to target her head."

 

"You did a good job, Yugyeom!" Jackson told him although everyone was shocked after knowing Yugyeom did something he shouldn’t do in the game.

 

"Her nose is bleeding!" Tzuyu informed them and Eunbi felt a warm liquid flowed out from her nose. Her hand went to reach for her nose and saw the blood on her hand. Sung Hoon went to check his students and sighed.

 

"I've told you not to target anywhere above from the waist! Who did this to her?!"

 

"It's Yugyeom…" Ahra spilled the truth and Jackson hissed at her. "Will you shut your mouth?!"

 

Joohyuk hurriedly went to get Eunbi and Nayeon followed him. "Are you okay?" Joohyuk checked her and Nayeon quickly handed her some tissue, "Here…" Eunbi thanked her but the blood wouldn’t stop.

 

JB saw how Eunbi was biting her bottom lip to endure the pain and kept blinking her eyes to avoid the dizziness in her head. Sung Hoon shifted his attention to Yugyeom, "You better apologize to her."

 

"Go Eunbi, are you alright? Someone help to bring her to the school clinic." Sung Hoon ordered but Eunbi shook her head, weakly, "No, it's okay. I'm fine now. I need to go to the restroom." Eunbi excused herself and left alone while holding the tissue to stop her nose from bleeding.

 

Mark watched as she left and saw Nayeon followed her from behind.

 

 

Eunbi lifted her head to look up and patted on her nose softly with a tissue. She closed her eyes when the sore pain was still there on her head. Until she heard footsteps coming in the restroom and saw Nayeon's reflection in the mirror.

 

"Are you getting better now?" She asked, full of concern. Eunbi gave a small smile to her, "I think so. I was dizzy after the ball hit on my head."

 

"Do you need any medicines? I can get it for you."

 

"No, thanks. It's nothing to be worried about. I should have avoided the ball, though." Eunbi turned the tap on and washed her hand.

 

"Yugyeom was being harsh on you. I heard from Joohyuk that GOT7 members are no joke."

 

The corner of Eunbi's lips perked upwards, "They are. But, I don’t care about it. They are just trying to get attentions from everyone. You better not cross their lines or you'll end up be their victim."

 

Nayeon shook her head, "It's going to be a nightmare to me." Eunbi let out a soft chuckle so the atmosphere between both of them wouldn’t be too awkward. From the way how Nayeon acted, Eunbi knew she was being concern over what happened even when it wasn’t too serious.

 

But, yet, she didn’t have any guts to trust anyone besides her own best friend. She needed more time.

 

 

Eunbi stepped into her classroom after get changed into her school uniform right after the P.E class ended. She went to her seat and felt gazes were on her.

 

Youngjae was giggling at the back, "Hey, Eunbi! How was it? I thought you were going to stay in the hospital when your nose bleed!" He laughed along with BamBam and Jackson to remember about the scene back at the school field.

 

Mark eyed his friends and then back to Eunbi. He didn’t have the feelings to laugh at her. Somehow, he felt sorry over what happened.

 

Yugyeom slammed his book on a desk, "If only she dodge the ball, Mr. Sung Hoon wouldn’t scold and lecture me for being too harsh in the game."

 

"Well, you were harsh to me, too!" Youngjae blurted. "He deserved that," BamBam agreed with Youngjae and went to high-fived with him. Joohyuk entered the class in rush and went to get his friend. "Go Eunbi! Are you alright?!"

 

Jackson darted his eyes on both of them and leaned to JB, "His boyfriend is being concern like she broke a bone."

 

JB wasn’t saying a word. In fact, he was staring at Eunbi from his seat as Joohyuk was checking on her, full of concern. Those love birds need to move their off from my sight.

 

Jinyoung patted on JB's shoulder to snap him off from his thoughts, "Are you joining us this weekend?" Jackson glued his eyes on the leader. He was the only members who hadn't give a final answer yet about attending a party on the weekend.

 

"You're the only one who haven’t say anything. Come on! It's going to be awesome!" Jackson wiggled his eyebrow.

 

JB took a while to decide for it and gave a casual shrug, "I can't promise anything, guys. But, I'll try."

 

 


 

That weekend was the day of the birthday party and Eunbi decided to stay in her bedroom instead of going out anywhere. She sat at her study desk to complete all of her homework and listened to her favorite songs in her phone playlist.

 

Until someone knocked on the door and opened it. Eunbi took off one of her earphones and jerked her head up to see her father was smiling at her.

 

"May I come in?" He asked for her permission and Eunbi nodded her head without uttering a word. "I thought you were sleeping," Hyun Soo went to take a seat on her comfy bed and glued his eyes on her daughter when her eyes were focused on all notes in her book.

 

"I'd rather not to waste my time doing nothing. It's better to complete my homework."

 

"You need to rest when you have to. Don’t force yourself too much or you'll get sick."

 

"You need to care about your health more, dad. You have been working a lot that you ended up to be home passed the midnight," Eunbi mentioned to him and Hyun Soo couldn’t say anything more. His daughter was right. He was getting a lot busier after having new projects and he felt bad for her.

 

Hyun Soo cleared his throat when the atmosphere became awkward. Eunbi wasn’t looking up from her book. "Are you going to go to the party?"

 

"I don’t feel like going to, dad. Can I just stay at home and study instead?"

 

"But, I don’t feel like going alone. It's better if we go together. I heard, his son is attending the same school as you."

 

Eunbi stopped writing when her father said those words. She never knew anything about her classmate throwing a party on that day. Or maybe he's my junior who happened to be in the same school as me.

 

"I'll give you an hour to get ready. No excuses. I'm sure you don’t want to starve yourself alone when Ms. Gong is in her hometown and you don’t even know how to cook for your dinner." Hyun Soo stood up from his seat and gently patted on her shoulder, "I'll be waiting for you downstairs."

 

Eunbi heard the door was closed shut when her father left the bedroom. She heaved a deep sigh and her stomach growled right on that moment.

 

"Sure, I'll just attend the party and fill my empty stomach, rather than socializing with anyone," Eunbi went to her white closet and opened one of the doors to take out her simple dress and went to get change into suitable attires.

 

She took half an hour to make everything looked simple on her. Her plain makeup with pink gradient lips suited her porcelain white skin nicely and she brushed her hair before tied it into a ponytail.

 

She rushed downstairs with her purse and saw her father was waiting at the living room while checking his new emails. Hyun Soo smiled to think that she was actually going to attend the party with him.

 

"I thought you're not going." "Well, I had to. I prefer not to starve myself," Eunbi's stomach growled again and she quickly covered it so her father wouldn’t notice anything. Too late, he was already laughing to see her reaction for being embarrassed.

 

"Let's go, sweetheart." Hyun Soo told her and both of them went to leave the house.

 

 

Both of them didn’t share any conversations during the journey. Hyun Soo glanced at his daughter when she kept checking her phone regularly and refused to answer more than five words when he asked her anything.

 

"Do you have a boyfriend? You have been checking your phone every five minutes," he asked, jokingly. Well, he was being concern too in case she got herself a boyfriend and he needed to know.

 

"No. I prefer not to be in a relationship with anyone."

 

"My girl is a pretty young lady. I'm sure that you have a lot of boys who are trying to win your heart." Hyun Soo tried to make the conversation become longer. He heard her sighed, heavily. "Dad…"

 

"Alright, sorry if you don’t like the topic," he apologized immediately and Eunbi's eyes darted to the road when the car was entering into somewhere she wasn’t familiar. She knew they could probably have reached at the destination when she saw the sights of a few bungalows on each sides of the road.

 

Until her father pulled over the car and stopped the engine. He unbuckled his seat belt and Eunbi saw there were a lot of cars were parked along the sides of the road.

 

"We're here!" Hyun Soo alighted from the car and she followed him. A three-storey bungalow which was about thirty meters from her seemed so bright with a lot of lights and she saw people were entering the main gate with their nice attires. I can tell that the son comes from a wealthy family just by looking at the bungalow.

 

 

Eunbi followed her father and tried her best to stay calm when they reached at the main gate and there was someone welcomed them before showing the direction to the yard decorated with colorful balloons and all tables for the guest were covered with white cloth.

 

By then, a man around his 50's came to approach her father and greeted him. From the look, she guessed that he could be her father's friend that he had been talking about.

 

Eunbi froze at the mention of the name. Tuan? I think I've heard that name somewhere and it sounds familiar to me.

 

"Here's my daughter, Go Eunbi. And Eunbi, this is my friend, Mr. Tuan." Hyun Soo introduced them to each other and Eunbi bowed in respect, "Hello, Mr. Tuan. Nice to meet you."

 

Mr. Tuan smiled, "Nice to meet you too, Eunbi. You're such a pretty young lady. I heard you go to the same school with my son." Eunbi chortled, even when it seemed too awkward for her before a girl came to interrupt them.

 

"Daddy, the guests are waiting for you!" She held Mr. Tuan's arm while pouting when she had been waiting too long. Eunbi knew that she could be the birthday girl from the way how she dressed nicely and had a small crown on her head.

 

"Oh, Jane! I'll join you later but meet my friend first. This is Mr. Go Hyun Soo and his daughter, Go Eunbi." Jane flashed a wide smile to her guests and bowed to welcome them.

 

"Thanks for coming!" She kindly said before Hyun Soo handed her a gift, "This is for you, Jane."

 

Jane took the gift from Hyun Soo's hand and thanked him again. She was getting lots of present on her birthday and was excited when her name was being called repeatedly to start blowing the cake. Mr. Tuan and his daughter led Eunbi and her father inside and they walked to gather with other guests in the yard.

 

Eunbi walked casually when she was in the yard and stood at the back to watch them celebrating the birthday girl.

 

But then, she froze at her place when Mark came to the front, standing next to Jane and their parents. She gasped in surprised, "…Wait, Mark?"

 

 

The guests sang the birthday song and Eunbi's eyes darted to take a look at the others who were invited to join the party. GOT7 members were gathering at the other side of the yard to celebrate. And she saw Tzuyu was there with them, too.

 

"I can't believe this. I shouldn’t come and join the party if I know they would be here," she muttered under her breathe of regret and heard the guests applauded when Jane blew the candles after making her wishes.

 

"Happy birthday, Jane!" Jackson shouted with his husky voice and threw confetti to her with Yugyeom and BamBam joined from behind.

 

 

Eunbi gritted her teeth and heaved a deep sigh. There was no way she could tell her father that she was going to leave the party when they just arrived. Eunbi tried to look around and find her father when all the guests started to move to get the foods served on long tables.

 

She tapped her foot on the ground, nervously. But then, a face popped in front her, making her to stumble of surprise.

 

 

It was Youngjae. "Oh my God…what are you doing at here?!" He asked and she clenched her teeth, annoyed. "That has nothing to do with you."

 

"Of course it is! Besides, I don’t think Mark invited you to be here!" The other members caught something was not right when Youngjae was away to talk to someone.

 

BamBam and Jinyoung rushed to them. "Whoa, we have a special guest here," BamBam said sarcastically and Jinyoung signaled to call for his friends to join them.

 

Eunbi scoffed, "Do you really need to bother me again?" She questioned and just right in time, Mark appeared with others trailed behind him. From his face expression, Eunbi could tell that he was surprised too and wasn’t expecting for her to attend the party.

 

"What are you doing at here? Do you want to ruin Jane's birthday party?!" Jackson accused. JB stared at him to stop when his voice caught the guests' attentions.

 

"My father got invited to join this birthday party. I came here with him. Surprised?" Eunbi replied, casually and she glued her eyes on Mark, "I didn’t know it's your sister's birthday. Don’t worry, I won't cause any mess during the party. So, you should not bother me too," Eunbi told and left seven of them who were gazing at her as she went to get some food.

 

"She's totally different than anyone else. I thought she was going to leave after seeing us. She even tried to get some food!" Yugyeom sputtered.

 

JB nudged him, "Let her be. There are a lot of guests here so, it's better not to bother her."

 

BamBam clasped his hands, getting excited to remember about foods, "Let's fill our stomach first!" Youngjae rolled his eyes, "He eats a lot but never gain weight."

 

Eunbi carefully picked a vanilla muffin with cream on top and some main dish and put it in her plate. She felt a figure stopped right beside her and she jerked her head up to found Tzuyu was smiling at her, warmly.

 

 

"You're here? I didn’t know that Mark invited you to join the party." Eunbi grew tired at the words and she tried her best to smile, bitterly. "I came here along with my father."

 

"You should join us then. I'm glad that we can spend time together at this party. Besides, the guys wouldn’t mind if you sit with us," Tzuyu kindly said after grabbing some fruit puddings to fill in her plate.

 

Eunbi saw the GOT7 members sat around a big table and laughed while enjoying their time together. There's no way I'm going to join them.

 

"Come on!" Tzuyu tried to get her attention again. Eunbi gave a small smile, "It's fine. I'll get another table for myself."

 

"But, where else? There's no empty seat left. We got some space at there," Tzuyu pointed to GOT7's table and Eunbi exchanged stares with JB who took a sip of his orange juice.

 

Her eyes wandered to find her father and he was sitting with his friends and would probably discussing things related to his works.

 

She heaved a deep sigh, "Oh, don’t be shy! It's not like we're strangers!" Tzuyu held her hand to make Eunbi followed her as they walked to the table. She bit her bottom lip and took a deep breathe.

 

Seeing GOT7 in her sight was the last that she ever wanted but now, she had to sit and join with them.

 

"Guys, do you mind if Eunbi joins us?" Tzuyu asked seven of them and Jackson stopped to feed food into his mouth. "Geez, why did you-OW!"

 

Jinyoung kicked Jackson's leg under the table and sent a secret message through his glare. "Sure! We don’t mind about that," Youngjae lied with a fake wide smile.

 

Eunbi looked at them in disbelief over how they reacted. "Liar. You're being nice to me because of Tzuyu. None of you dare to show your bad side! !" She cursed in her mind before Tzuyu helped to pull a chair for Eunbi, "Here. Take a seat."

 

Eunbi awkwardly sat on the chair and felt gazes were on her. BamBam didn’t look up from his plate when Eunbi was sitting beside him and she thought it was better for him to stay in that way because of the delicious foods.

 

Mark cleared his throat and finished the last bite of his pasta. Tzuyu noticed it and put her spoon down, "Mark, do you need anything? I can get it for you." "No, thanks. I don’t feel like eating a lot tonight." Mark wiped his lips with a napkin.

 

Eunbi couldn’t eat well when JB kept locking his eyes on her. She grew irritated at his dark look like he had something came up in his mind. He needs to stop doing that!

 

 

 

Jackson whispered something to Yugyeom after finishing their desserts. The corner of Yugyeom's lips perked upwards at Jackson's words but none of the members paid attention to them.

 

Jackson stood up and fixed his red shirt, "I need to go to the bathroom for awhile. Mark, I'll use the one in your room." Mark nodded his head to allow Jackson using it before Yugyeom stood up to follow Jackson.

 

"Oh, wait guys, bring cola for us!" Jinyoung told to both of them as they preferred the drink more while chatting. Mark chortled, "I hope they won't forget it."

 

JB leaned against his seat, "I wonder if I can eat more." He patted on his stomach and felt it was getting full and saw BamBam wasn’t at his seat, along with Tzuyu. "Where's BamBam?" He questioned.

 

"He's gone to get desserts," Jinyoung answered. Eunbi cleared when she felt awkward to be there alone with GOT7 and there was no way she would be sitting there any longer. She stood up to leave the table and JB watched as she left.

 

"Where is she going?" Mark muttered under his breathe when she disappeared from his sight.

 

Eunbi's phone vibrated in her hand and received a text message from Joohyuk. She stopped in her tracks and replied to the message before someone stood in front her.

 

Eunbi looked up from her phone screen, only to see Dajung, her step-sister to be standing while crossing both of her arms.

 

"We meet again." She said, arrogantly with her cold stare. Eunbi let out a soft chuckle, "Seriously? You're here too?"

 

"Of course. The siblings invited me to join this party. Don’t tell me that Mark invited you, too?"

 

Eunbi gave a casual shrug, "Well, you can say that since I'm here for the party," she replied sarcastically, enough to make her step-sister get pissed off with her words. Dajung gasped, "I doubt you and Mark are good friends."

 

"And makes you to think in that way?" Eunbi didn’t want to make it too obvious. After all, Dajung doesn’t deserve to know anything about her life.

 

"Well, it just crossed in my mind. And I guess no one knows about your mother."

 

Eunbi wanted to leave but Dajung blocked her way. "You and your mother got the same attitude." Eunbi clenched her fists at the mention of her again. She felt something burnt inside and she knew she had to control herself.

 

Dajung smirked as coldness washed over Eunbi's face. "If you're here to argue with me about her, forget it. You're going to waste your time."

 

"Do you know how my brother had been hoping that my dad would be with my mom again? Do you know how he broke down after knowing that your mom ruined our lives?" Dajung spat those words with her resentful glare.

 

"That has nothing to do with me. You should deal with her. Don't try to drag me into your problem." Eunbi stormed off to avoid from arguing oo much over her mother. Eunbi grew tired of hearing everything about her and didn’t want to involve with anything that she did in her life.

 

Dajung exhaled irritably as she saw Eunbi disappeared from her sight. Her hands were clenched into fists.

 

But none of them noticed JB had been hearing their conversations secretly while hiding behind a wall. He furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. She looks like she's hiding something from everyone. And…are they step-siblings?

 

JB snapped his thoughts off from his mind and headed to get into Mark's house when Jackson and Yugyeom went missing.

 

Meanwhile in the house, Jackson checked around when he secretly entered the kitchen with Yugyeom.

 

"Do you think it is possible to do this? We might get into a big trouble if the maid sees us!" Yugyeom grew panicked when Jackson took a bottle of soju from a fridge. Yugyeom helped to pour some cola into a few glasses filled with ice cubes.

 

"Trust me, this is the only chance to prank Eunbi. Should we mix the soju with cola?"

 

"Are you nuts? What if she dies and we'll be arrested for that?"

 

Jackson scrunched his nose when his idea got rejected. He poured the soju into a tall glass and mixed with some cold water. "There. We'll let Tzuyu pass this drink to her. I don’t think she'll drink it if we-"

 

Yugyeom gasped and snatched the soju bottle from Jackson's hand, "Quick! Someone is coming! We need to hide!" Jackson followed Yugyeom and they headed out of the kitchen to find a place to hide themselves.

 

JB entered the kitchen and wandered his eyes around. That's weird. I tried to find them in Mark's room but they were gone.

 

His eyes glued on a few glasses filled with cola and two glasses with plain water. He shrugged, "These kids. I thought they would bring the drinks to the yard." JB shook his head and went to put all the drinks in one tray before he picked it to bring it for his friends and left the kitchen.

 

When everything was cleared, Jackson and Yugyeom peeked to check around. Yugyeom held the soju bottle firmly in his hand and bit his bottom lip, nervously.

 

"We almost get caught!" Yugyeom complained and kept the remaining soju in the fridge. Jackson gaped when he found all of the drinks were gone on the counter.

 

"…Yugyeom…" He called in panicked. Yugyeom eyed him and went to Jackson, "What's wrong?"

 

"The drink. Someone took it away!" Both of them gasped and hurriedly left the kitchen and headed out of the house and thought that someone could probably take the drinks to the yard.

 

 

JB put down the tray on the table and Jinyoung chortled, "Are you working as Mark's waiter now?"

 

He handed them the cola drinks to his friends, "I found this in the kitchen. Jackson and Yugyeom must leave it and went somewhere else."

 

Mark thanked JB for the cola and took a sip of the drink. Tzuyu did the same and Eunbi was still not coming back to her seat.

 

BamBam coughed all of sudden when he got choked with his food and all eyes were on him. "Yah! Don't eat too much in one time!" Jinyoung nagged when BamBam kept punching on his chest slightly when he couldn’t stop coughing.

 

Youngjae handed one of the glasses contained the 'plain' water to BamBam and he gulped it without thinking much. His throat was in pain for coughing a lot and he finished the drink until the last sip.

 

By then, Jackson and Yugyeom reached at their tables and panted. Their eyes were glued on the table to look for the 'drink'. Yugyeom realized Eunbi wasn't there with them, at the table.

 

"What's wrong with both of you?" JB asked and studied their faces. "Did you happen to see a ghost just now?" Mark joked to see how Jackson's face turned pale.

 

BamBam blurped, "The drink tasted weird. It doesn’t taste like plain water at all." BamBam's face became red due to the alcohol. Tzuyu eyed him, concerned, "Oh my God, BamBam! Are you alright?"

 

Jackson gulped and took the glass from BamBam's hand to take a sniff. Oh ! He took the wrong drink!

 

Jackson and Yugyeom looked at each other in disbelief and knew they were totally in a big trouble and another mess just happened.

 

Mark stood up from his seat when something wasn’t right. He snatched the glass from Jackson to check if his feeling was right and sniffed it. "Yah!" He barked at them.

 

Both, Jackson and Yugyeom lowered their gazes to the ground and cursed in their heads for being careless.

 

JB, Jinyoung and Youngjae came along to do the same thing as him meanwhile BamBam was already started to get dizzy due to the effect from the alcohol.

 

"Did you put soju in the drink?" JB interrogated them. Tzuyu gasped, "…Soju?"

 

Yugyeom pointed to Jackson, trying to defend himself, "It was his idea!"

 

"Look at what you did!" Mark grew mad when BamBam was acting weird with his eyes wandering around and he kept blinking to get a clear view of everything around him.

 

BamBam laughed out of sudden as he pointed out to Tzuyu, "Oh! Why am I seeing two Tzuyu right now?" He chuckled by himself and Tzuyu heaved a deep sigh to look at him in that state. He's getting drunk!

 

"He gets drunk so fast. I can tell that he's not a good drinker." Youngjae concluded.

 

"Im Jaebum, are you sleeping? Why are you sleeping while standing? That's…weird." BamBam said and hiccupped. Jinyoung tried his best not to laugh when JB's face expression changed. "You're drunk, BamBam. You're talking nonsense."

 

"Mark's hair is weird tonight. And…Tzuyu…" BamBam's gaze slid off from Mark to Tzuyu, "Did it hurt when you fell from heaven?" He grinned and JB went to shut his mouth with his palm.

 

"I swear, we're in a big trouble if the guests know about this. We need to do something." JB suggested and prevented BamBam from saying anything more nonsense.

 

Mark rubbed his chin to squeeze an idea, "…We can't let him go home in this state."

 

"His parents might kill us for that," Jackson sputtered and Jinyoung glared at him deadly, "You caused this so you deserved to be killed by his parents."

 

Mark clicked his fingers when he got an idea crossed in his mind, "Bring him to my room. I'll let him sleepover in my house for tonight until he's sober."

 

"Is that alright? What if your mom and dad-" "They won't know about it. I'll make sure to keep it as a secret from them. Hurry up. Bring him now before others see him." JB and Jinyoung helped to make BamBam to stand on his feet and he began to mutter weird things.

 

"Where are we going now? To the paradise? Or, are we in a dreamland?" BamBam questioned and JB grabbed his waist firmly, "Shut up, BamBam or I'll send you to the hell."

 

The two members helped him to get into the house without getting caught and Mark followed from behind and it took awhile for them to reach at Mark's bedroom at the third floor.

 

Mark opened the door for them and JB dragged BamBam with Jinyoung to put him on a king-sized bed. BamBam exhaled heavily and mumbled to girl group's songs with his closed eyes.

 

JB and Jinyoung tried to catch their breath. "Jackson and Yugyeom dragged us into another mess this time. I might kick their butts for this!" Jinyoung ran his fingers through his hair.

 

BamBam was already fell into a deep sleep on the bed. Mark sighed heavily, "I've told his parents that he won't be home. Glad that they didn’t ask me too much about him."

 

"Just what made Jackson to make such a ridiculous plan and turned out BamBam became in this way?"

 

"I bet he was going to prank Eunbi with the drink," Jinyoung answered JB and two of the guys locked their eyes on him, confused. "What?"

 

"You know how Jackson and Yugyeom usually have evil plans on anyone. I don’t think he wants to do this on BamBam. If only he didn’t get choke with his foods in the first place, he wouldn’t be like this." Jinyoung explained.

 

Mark shut his eyes to consume all the words spoken by Jinyoung. Jackson needs to know what he's doing! Gosh!

 

 

It was the end of the party and Eunbi went to her father as they were about to leave. They thanked the Tuan's family and Mark seemed to be missing and didn’t join along with his parents.

 

With then, Eunbi left the neighborhood with her father and the drive went silence when Eunbi had nothing to say.

 

"Your mom was supposed to be joining the party too. Mr. Tuan told me. But she went for a honeymoon in Maldives." Hyun Soo broke the silence between both of them.

 

Eunbi fiddled with her fingers, "I didn’t mind about that though. I met with her step-daughter at the party. It's better if mom couldn’t attend the party. It would be awkward for us. And you too."

 

Hyun Soo chuckled a bit, "To be honest, I don’t even mind about that. She's married to someone else. There's nothing to feel awkward."

 

Eunbi glanced at her father for once and saw the smile spread on his face. She didn’t know if he was lying of he was telling the truth about it.

 

"How was it? I didn’t know that you're in the same class with Mr. Tuan's son. What's his name, again?"

 

"Mark."

 

"Yeah. I saw him earlier when you were joining them at the table. What about the others? Are they from the same class as you?"

 

"Hm, yeah. But we're not that close to be considered as 'friends'." Eunbi informed to her father and he didn’t question more. He knew Eunbi had only one best friend that she trusted since before.

 

"You know, honey. You need to open up with people around you. Try to get new friends. I know, it's hard for you but you can't rely too much on Joohyuk." Hyun Soo patted on her hand softly, "Not everyone are bad to you. You'll get into the college, soon and you'll have to meet a lot of new people. It's not that hard."

 

Eunbi darted her eyes to look at her father when he had been smiling to her warmly. Do I really have to do that? But, I don’t think they would love to be my friends. Joohyuk is the only friend that I got for now.

 


 

Days passed and most of the seniors in JYP High School students were busy studying for their first term examination in a few weeks to test their achievements in academics so far. Some of them decided to stay in a study room instead of their classroom and a few were in the library to get their reference book. Nayeon was alone in a library to find the code of her book before she heard something from the other side.

 

She peeked to take a careful look through the books. And found a few guys blocking her view.

 

"Hey! I've told you many times to not mess with us. Did you tell Mr. Kwon about it?" Yugyeom pushed a junior in front of him at his shoulder, roughly. The boy lowered his gaze to the floor, not daring to look up.

 

"Do you think it's nothing? Yugyeom's point got deducted because of your words." BamBam sputtered.

 

"…I-It…It wasn’t me…" The junior said, tried to be brave. Jackson leaned in closer and he took a step backward. "You should shut your mouth from saying anything to Mr. Kwon."

 

"I told you it wasn’t me!" The boy grew impatience and Yugyeom hissed at his loud voice and Nayeon appeared out of sudden, glaring at them.

 

"Yah! Do you really need to be mean to him? If you need to discuss about it, you better find the other place. This is a library. You shouldn’t make any noises." Nayeon bravely said.

 

Jackson scoffed and pushed the boy off from his way. "This is none of your business."

 

"This is considered as bully." Nayeon spoke when she saw the boy didn’t move an inch from his place. BamBam and Yugyeom had been blocking his way with Youngjae. She could tell four of them could have something came up in their minds.

 

Youngjae laughed and slung his arm over the boy's shoulder to pull him closer. "Don’t think the other way. We're just trying to get to know with him. Am I right, Jaejin?" Youngjae fixed Jaejin's shirt, faking his act to be nice in front of Nayeon.

 

"If you bother him, I'll report this matter to Mr. Kwon." Nayeon threatened them and Jackson stepped forward, "I've told you that this is none of your business so you better move away from here."

 

"I'm not, until you leave that boy alone." Nayeon insisted. Jackson let out a deep sigh and turned to look at his back, signaling his friends to let the boy free.

 

When Jaejin had left them and ran to somewhere else, Jackson glared at Nayeon, up and down. He was clenching his teeth, "You need to remember what you're doing right now is going to give you a big trouble next time."

 

Nayeon felt uneasy at the words spoken by him. She saw Yugyeom was plastering a sly smirk to her. Nayeon knew she shouldn’t drag herself to meddle in their business but she couldn’t stand seeing someone being bullied right in front of her eyes.

 

With then, Jackson stormed off, purposely bumped with her shoulder to make her stumble before she felt glares were thrown on her as Youngjae, Yugyeom and BamBam passed by.

 

Joohyuk came by and tried to find Nayeon everywhere in the library before he found her at the corner, standing still while hugging her books across her chest.

 

"Nayeon! I tried to find you everywhere but turned out you're here." Joohyuk inhaled a deep breathe and noticed the change of her face expression. "Hey, what's wrong?" He nudged to snap her off from her thoughts.

 

Nayeon was startled a bit and shook her head, wildly, "N-Nothing! I-I was thinking that I should find a Chemistry reference book." She stammered and tried to walk away but Joohyuk held her arm.

 

"Is there something wrong?"

 

Nayeon faked a smile, "No. There's nothing wrong. Maybe because I’m a bit tired for not getting enough sleep last night." She lied when the fact she was started to get scared to think what Jackson had said to her earlier.

 

Joohyuk let go off her hand, "Alright then. But you should get some short nap first. I'll help to find the book for you."

 

"But-"

 

"Just go. I'll get it for you," Joohyuk winked playfully and patted on her shoulder gently to assure her that it was alright. Nayeon formed a genuine smile for him and she thanked him before heading to another corner of the library to get her short nap.

 

Joohyuk eyed her secretly and smiled like an idiot when she disappeared from his sight, "She's cute with that smile." He muttered under his breathe, not realizing a thick book fell off from his hand and landed on his foot, "OW!"