Pissed Off Again

You're So Magnetic

 

 

 

The Korean Language class ended on time and students made their way to gather in own groups when Mr. Kwon left the classroom.

 

Joohyuk took the chance to head to the back of the class when a few students started to greet Nayeon and get to know her personally.

 

Joohyuk noticed how Mark was trying to avoid any disturbance and put on his headphones before closed his eyes to take his short nap.

 

"Oh my God, you must be shocked with what happened." One girl with a pink headband felt sympathy when Nayeon told the real story to them.

 

Joohyuk tried to squish in but he knew it was hard for him.

 

Eunbi eyed Joohyuk, furrowing her eyebrows, "Are you trying to take the chance?"

 

She closed a book in front her and Joohyuk rubbed at his nape, "I'm not. We've met before so I should greet her on her first day."

 

"You have met her before?" Joohyuk nodded, "Last week. She lost her puppy around the neighborhood when she came to visit her aunt so I had to help her out on that time."

 

"Wow, a hero. You explained to me in detail," she chuckled to and Joohyuk rolled his eyes.

 

The students started to get back to their seats when a teacher entered the class and the next lesson was about to start.

 

Eunbi laughed a bit when Joohyuk didn’t get the chance to talk with her and had to go back to his seat.

 

Nayeon saw Joohyuk was looking at her over his shoulder and flashed a smile for her.

 

When he was focused back to the front and the lesson was about to start, Nayeon shifted her gaze to look at Mark.

 

He was still taking his nap.

 

She gently poked him with her blue pencil to wake him up and Mark eyed her, emotionless.

 

"The class is about to start. I bet you don’t want to miss anything," she told him when he took off his headphones.

 

"It's the Ethics class. You'll get bored when you listen to it until the end."

 

Nayeon wanted to say more but Mark was already rested his head on the desk. Her gaze slid off from him to look at her right side.

 

The other GOT7 members were doing the same thing as him.

 

"They've got to be kidding me," she whispered to herself.

 

 


 

 

Eunbi put down her food tray at her usual spot and followed by Joohyuk who trailed behind her.

 

She didn’t waste the time and took her seat to start eating except Joohyuk.

 

His eyes wandered around the school canteen like a kid who just lost his mom.

 

Eunbi picked some tofu and fed into , "What are you waiting for?"

 

"I'm looking for Nayeon. She is the last person to leave the classroom after Ms. Lim's class."

 

She let out a heavy sigh, "She's a grown up girl, Joohyuk. You don’t need to worry that much. She knows the way to get her meals when she's hungry."

 

Joohyuk started to eat when Nayeon wasn’t in his sight and they talked about everything they had missed during the weekends and Eunbi told him about her mother on the wedding day.

 

Except the part when she met Mark and he warned her about GOT7.

 

Not all things should be told when she knew how Joohyuk would act after knowing about it.

 

Joohyuk's face brightened up to see Nayeon making her way into the canteen and took her meals.

 

She wandered around to find an empty seat but there was no place for her.

 

Until she saw Joohyuk waved his hand to call for her.

 

Eunbi kicked his leg under the table, "What are you doing?"

 

"I'm asking her to join us. What's wrong?" Joohyuk stared at his friend to wait for an answer.

 

Sometimes, he couldn’t understand with Eunbi. Nayeon stood near with the table and held her food tray, firmly.

 

"Hi, am I interrupting both of you?" Joohyuk pulled a chair for her to seat beside him and smiled, "Not at all. Take a seat."

 

Nayeon sat across with Eunbi and she knew Eunbi was from the same class as hers.

 

"You're in the same class as me, aren't you? What's your name?" She asked Eunbi first with her wide smile was still on her face.

 

Eunbi gave her a small smile when Joohyuk was glaring at her to be nice.

 

"Go Eunbi."

 

"Nice to meet you!" She beamed for getting to know another friend.

 

Joohyuk knew Eunbi tried to adjust herself to be comfortable since she doesn’t really like getting to know with anyone other than him.

 

She was scared of being betrayed since it happened to her when she was in middle school. And Joohyuk is the only friend she could trust all the time.

 

That was the reason Eunbi had the fear to have any new friends.

 

"And what about you? I didn’t get to know your name when we met last week."

 

Eunbi saw Joohyuk was getting mesmerized with her cute smile and cleared his throat before reached out his hand for a hand shake.

 

"Nam Joohyuk. It's nice to meet you again, Nayeon." She shook her hand with him and Eunbi watched the two as she sighed. I can see he's going to fall for this girl soon.

 

"How's Cherry? Is she alright?" Joohyuk questioned her about the puppy and

 

Nayeon sipped her chocolate milk. "She's fine. Glad you were there to help me out."

 

Eunbi cleared when she had already finished her last bite of meals. "I got to go. I'm going to the library. Enjoy your meal, Nayeon." Eunbi tried her best to be nice. She wasn’t that cruel to ignore her existence at the table.

 

"Alright, see you later, Eunbi." Nayeon watched as Eunbi left the canteen and she gazed at Joohyuk. "Is she always like that? I mean, she seems quiet."

 

"Not really. That's just her personality. She's quiet with someone who she just met."

 

"You must be a good friend to her."

 

"Yeah. But, don’t worry. She's a nice girl." Joohyuk tried his best to explain to her so Nayeon wouldn’t misunderstand any of his friend's attitudes.

 

The canteen was filled with loud noises as usual when GOT7 entered and grabbed their meals.

 

Nayeon counted all of the members and knew they were from her class.

 

"…Who are they? The one who sits beside me in the class. He has been quiet for the whole time even when I tried to talk with him." Nayeon looked at seven of them when they took their usual seats.

 

Joohyuk get annoyed at the mention of GOT7, "They're GOT7. All of them are totally badass and you better not mess with them."

 

She gasped, "Then, are they going to annoy me since I'm sitting in the same row as them?"

 

Joohyuk chortled, "I don’t think so. As long as you decide not to cross their lines, then you'll be fine."

 

Nayeon's eyes met with Jackson who happened to eye her from his seat. His stare made her to look away and continued to eat her meals.

 

 

"Once we've finished, I'll show you around the school. I volunteer for this," Joohyuk told her and patted on his chest, proudly.

 

Mark scrolled his phone and took a small bite of his meals.

 

BamBam and Youngjae had finished their meals earlier and went to steal some of Yugyeom's tofu that were still full in his tray.

 

"Hey!" Yugyeom shoved BamBam's hand off from touching his food. "I need to finish this by myself. Mark has more!" Yugyeom blurted and fed himself greedily.

 

Jinyoung chortled when he sipped his strawberry milk, "Mark is picky when it comes about food."

 

Jackson eyed Jinyoung after finishing the last sip of his drink. "Isn't it a bit weird for a badass boy to have strawberry milk as his favorite drink?"

 

"At least it proves that I have a soft spot hidden somewhere in my heart." Jinyoung answered him and Yugyeom scrunched his nose. "My ears about to bleed with your words."

 

"I don’t know that strawberry milk can prove a soft spot in your heart," JB replied, teasingly and met his eyes with Mark.

 

The member didn’t utter too many words during the whole meal time together and he was sticking with his phone.

 

Youngjae snatched the phone from Mark's hand and threw it to Yugyeom, "We already made a deal about not using any gadgets during meal time, bro."

 

Mark hissed, "I was checking my SNS account."

 

"Or were you stalking some hot girls without sharing with us?" Jackson wiggled his eyebrow and peeked beside Yugyeom to check his timeline.

 

 

Too bad, there was nothing except a few boring updates from his friends.

 

"You've been checking all these boring updates the whole time? What a waste." Jackson complained.

 

"I'm not a player like you." Mark replied, sarcastically and grabbed his phone back.

 

Jackson's face expression fell. JB woo-ed and applauded. "One point for Mark!"

 

 

Mark gave a casual shrug and felt proud when BamBam went to pat on his shoulder.

 

Jinyoung laughed, "Come on, Jackson. It's about pride. You can't let Mark make you feel down because of that."

 

Jackson in a deep breathe, "It's alright. I'm not losing this time." Jackson eyed Mark to warn him like they were totally in a big war after this.

 

JB pushed his food tray aside and slid his gaze off from Jackson to Mark, "Do you get anything Mark?"

 

Mark furrowed his eyebrows, "What do you mean?"

 

"About Eunbi's weak spots. We can't let her look down on us, am I right?" Mark gulped when JB mentioned about it all of sudden.

 

For sure, he knew her weak spots but they made a deal and he told her how he could keep her secrets safely.

 

Unless she decided to mess with them again, then she'd be dead.

 

Mark shook his head, "Not yet."

 

"What about the others? Have you found one?" JB questioned others and they gave the same answer as Mark.

 

Yugyeom rubbed his chin, "Don’t you think that Joohyuk is her weak spots too? They're always together all the time and we can use him."

 

"I don’t want to deal with that guy. Besides, it won't affect her that much." JB pointed out and Jackson agreed with him along with Jinyoung.

 

Mark leaned against his seat, "Stop worrying much, guys. She'll know how to stop when the right time comes. I'm sure we'll find a way for that."

 

BamBam's eyes brightened up when Tzuyu was heading to their table.

 

"An angel is here. My heart~" BamBam grew excited as she stopped at the table and the boys' eyes were on her.

 

She plastered a wide smile, "Hey guys. I hope I'm not disturbing you this time."

 

"You can always be here anytime, Tzuyu. We don’t mind," Youngjae's cheeks flustered.

 

Jinyoung cleared his throat when his eyes met with hers and tried his best to stay calm.

 

"What did you bring along with you? Is it for me?" Jackson saw her hand was holding a small bag and she put it on the table.

 

"I made some chocolate hazelnut brownies yesterday and thought to give some to you," she kindly said and Yugyeom was the first to pull out a small sized food container out from the bag.

 

BamBam opened the lid and the smell of the brownies filled their nostrils.

 

Youngjae his lips at the sight of the delicious brownies, "I love brownies!"

 

"I thought you don’t like anything with chocolates!" Jinyoung blurted.

 

Youngjae took a piece of the brownies and fed into his mouth, "If it's from Tzuyu, I'd rather eat it."

 

Mark rolled his eyes at all his friends. He didn’t want to say anything much and let them enjoyed.

 

All of them took a bite to taste and complimented how she was good in baking.

 

"Hey, Mark! Have some of these! It's the best!" JB pushed the brownies to Mark but he shook his head, "It's alright. I don’t feel like eating anything too sweet."

 

Tzuyu's face expression changed. She was hoping Mark would give a try to taste it but it hurt her to see how he acted.

 

Jinyoung stared at Mark when he didn’t bother to take it.

 

 

"It's alright. Mark can have some next time if he wants. I have to go now. See you later in the class," she excused herself to leave them and when she had left, Youngjae and BamBam glared at Mark, deadly.

 

"Why did you refuse to eat her brownies?!" BamBam elbowed him.

 

"She made it for us!" Youngjae tried to add more.

 

Mark heaved a deep sigh, "I've told you that I don’t feel like to eat it yet."

 

"You just want to avoid her, don’t you?" JB asked him and they waited for him to answer the question.

 

"I'm not avoiding her, okay?"

 

"Tzuyu might get hurt over how you acted, Mark. She put a lot of efforts to make this for us. She's your best friend and our friend too." Jackson continued.

 

Jinyoung remained quiet at his seat when he didn’t have much to say.

 

Mark sighed heavily. True, she had been his best friend and others too. But he knew, she had started to develop different feelings for him and he was scared their friendship would end because of that. I didn’t mean to be a jerk to her. Not for once.

 


 

 

"This is the computer lab and that way is to the laboratory," Joohyuk explained and pointed the direction to Nayeon when they walked together around the school after the meal time.

 

And they continued until they reached at a indoor basketball court.

 

Nayeon's eyes wandered around. The interior of the school doesn’t have too much difference compared to her previous school.

 

Except for a few facilities and their classrooms.

 

"I remembered how my school was on fire last week. It started from the laboratory when we were in the classroom." Nayeon flashed back to the time how she got panicked when smokes filled the air.

 

She suffocated alone along the hallway of her school and tried to escape before there was her junior helped her out.

 

Joohyuk stopped in his track to look at her, "And did you get hurt anywhere after that?"

 

Nayeon smiled, grateful she was alright. "Yeah. Mom and dad were glad that I was safe. They thought they would lose me."

 

 

 

Joohyuk carved a heart-warming smile for her, "And I'm glad that you're safe too. Now, we're here, in the same school."

 

"You're right," she agreed and Joohyuk went to grab a basketball from the middle of the court.

 

He bounced it while turning his body and showed a few skills to her. Nayeon was amazed, "You know how to play this?"

 

"Trust me, I'm good in basketball. I got a lot of fangirls because of my skills."

 

"You've got to be kidding me."

 

"I won't be responsible if you're going to be a part of the fangirls." He joked and ran while bouncing the ball before jumped to throw the ball into the hoop and scored.

 

 

Nayeon gaped and applauded. "That's cool!"

 

Joohyuk smiled, proudly, "Thanks, Ms. Nayeon. I hope you notice my skills. For your information, my basketball team has won five competitions in a row."

 

"Wow, that's amazing!" Joohyuk handed her the basketball and she looked puzzled, "Huh?"

 

"I'd like you to throw the ball into the hoop. Well, you should try it when it's your first day in a new school."

 

Nayeon pointed to herself and gasped, "Me? Throw this ball into the hoop? I don’t think I'll be able to make it."

 

"I'll treat you a drink if you get to score this time. Just think of this as an official start of your senior year in JYP High School."

 

Nayeon didn’t hesitate it and took the ball from his hand.

 

She wanted to do the challenge and a deep breathe. She jumped from her spot and threw the ball.

 

 

And it fell into the hoop before she heard Joohyuk applauded for her, "Welcome to JYP High School, Im Nayeon."

 

 


 

 

A week passed and Eunbi checked at the time. It was almost 8 p.m. at night and her father wasn’t home yet.

 

Ms. Gong had decided to take a leave for two weeks to go to her hometown due to family matter so Eunbi was left alone at home.

 

"I'm hungry and there's nothing to cook." Eunbi checked everything in the fridge and everywhere in the kitchen. She pouted.

 

Not that there was nothing to eat. She just didn’t know how to cook when she had been depending on her maid to cook for her meals.

 

Her foot kept tapping on the floor to think for a moment, "Maybe I should get some kimbap and tteokbokki while taking fresh air."

 

She left to change into simple attire with a black hoodie and grabbed her purse before leaving the house with her bicycle.

 

Eunbi didn’t afraid of going out alone. She knew, it would be impossible for her to be out at night if her maid was at home.

 

The night breeze hit her face as she paddled her bicycle.

 

She enjoyed it so much and went to a nearest street stall.

 

Spicy tteokbokki and kimbap were sold and the smell of the food made her stomach to churn.

 

She was getting hungry and get off from her bicycle.

 

"Ahjumma, can I have some of tteokbokki with tuna kimbap and beef kimbap to take away?"

 

"Sure. I'll make it for you. Please wait for awhile," the old lady said and started to make her request and Eunbi stood to wait as she took out her phone out from her pocket.

 

The phone kept buzzing because of a few notifications from a group chat of her class and she decided to mute it.

 

There was no important update to be checked until a voice whistled next to her.

 

"Are you here alone?" A stranger, around his 20's asked her and Eunbi looked around to see if he was talking with someone else.

 

Turned out there was no other person who was there except her.

 

She didn’t answer him.

 

"I'm talking to you, young lady." He tried to gain her attention but Eunbi continued scrolling to her phone.

 

He grew irritated when she ignored him again.

 

"You should say something when someone asked you."

 

"I prefer not to talk to a stranger. After all, I don’t have anything to say to you," she didn’t look up from her phone screen.

 

The guy scoffed in disbelief and was about to step closer to her before someone blocked his way.

 

"Whoa, calm down, dude." JB pushed him gently away from Eunbi.

 

The guy clicked his tongue, "Who the hell are you?!"

 

Eunbi gasped when she saw JB was there too. Why am I seeing this guy again?!

 

"You can see that she doesn’t want to talk to you."

 

"Who do you think you are?!"

 

The guy shoved JB away and he crashed his back with Eunbi but she managed to balance herself from falling.

 

JB bit his bottom lip, "I can't stand hearing noises when I'm here to have my dinner."

 

JB complained and turned to look at Eunbi over his shoulder.

 

She wasn’t staring at him. He sighed before the guy spat and left both of them.

 

The old lady called when her order was ready and Eunbi hurriedly went to pay for it and was about to get on her bicycle but JB blocked her.

 

Eunbi exhaled irritably, "What again?"

 

"Don’t you think that you should be thanking me this time?" He asked and she blew her bangs off from her face in annoyance. First, Mark tried to be a hero. Now, he's doing the same thing. 

 

"I didn’t ask for it." She tried to paddle but JB held her bicycle to stop.

 

"The guy was about to do something and you should be thankful."

 

Eunbi chortled, sarcastically. "Were you trying to be nice to me after what you and your friends did to me?"

 

JB straightened up and chortled at her in disbelief, "Now you're bringing it up? If I know you'd be in this way, I shouldn’t help you out."

 

 

 

"You regret it now?"

 

"Of course!"

 

"That's good. Now, move! I want to leave!"

 

Eunbi demanded and tried to scare him by trying to hit him with her bicycle but JB was quick to move aside and watched as she left.

 

He gritted his teeth in anger, "She's totally getting on my nerves!"

 

 

Eunbi reached home and kept her bicycle at the porch before a light from her father's car hurt her eyes as he parked at the porch.

 

She sighed, knowing she was going to be shot with a lot of questions when she was out alone.

 

Hyun Soo alighted from his car and eyed his daughter up and down, "Where did you go?"

 

She held up the foods that she bought, lazily, "To buy something for dinner."

 

"Alone?" Eunbi nodded at his question and her father sighed, worried.

 

"I've told you not to leave anywhere alone."

 

"Dad, I'm a grown up girl now. Stop worrying too much. I'm not in the mood to hear your nags."

 

Eunbi took off the hood from her head and left to enter the house. Hyun Soo in a deep breathe to think that her daughter was back to her usual attitude.

 

He followed her as she went to grab a plate in the kitchen and took out the foods that she bought earlier.

 

"Look, Eunbi, I didn’t mean to-"

 

"Dad, I told you that I'm not in the mood to hear your nags or argue with you-"

 

"I know. And I was worried about your safety, that's all."

 

He loosened his necktie and put down his briefcase to watch how his daughter ate the food and stuffed two kimbap in one time into .

 

His heart softened. If only she has a mother who stays by her side and cooks her favorite meals.

 

Eunbi realized her father had been staring at her when she was about to eat her tteokbokki.

 

"Have some, dad. I know you love these foods."

 

Hyun Soo smiled to think her daughter remembered his favorite foods.

 

He took a bite of tuna kimbap, "My friend is inviting me for a party this weekend. He told me to bring you along."

 

"Is it a birthday party?"

 

"His daughter's birthday party. I want to bring you there."

 

Eunbi put down her chopsticks, "Do I really have to go there? I'd prefer to stay at home rather than socializing with anyone at a party."

 

Hyun Soo ruffled her hair with a chuckle, "No excuses. I need to introduce my beautiful daughter to them."

 

He picked his briefcase and left her in the kitchen to wash up.

 

Eunbi stared at her father, disbelief. It was one of the things that she hated the most when she had to attend a party.