The Start of Senior Year

You're So Magnetic

 

Eunbi inserted a code to unlock her locker at the back of her class; with her name attached at the door and kept her English and Mathematics reference books in it and closed the door shut.

 

Noises filled through the whole classroom as most of her classmates got excited on their first day of class and gathered in their own groups.

 

Eunbi sat back on her seat in the middle of the classroom

 

She scanned to look at her classmates.

 

None of them greeted or talked to her since the moment she stepped into the class.

 

She knew exactly they refused to talk to her since she wasn’t the type to go friendly with everyone.

 

"What are you day-dreaming about?" Eunbi felt a poke at the side of her head.

 

She looked up with her grumpy face to see her one and only best friend, Nam Joo Hyuk, standing next to her seat.

 

 

"I'm not day-dreaming. It's just that I hate being stuck in school again," she spoke.

 

Joo Hyuk pulled out a chair in front of her desk. He stared at her face to read the expression written on Eunbi's face.

 

"We're in senior year. What are you worrying about?"

 

"I don't know." Eunbi shrugged her shoulders.

 

Before Joo Hyuk get to speak, loud noises could be heard when a few boys were making their ways at the outside of the classroom.

 

All eyes shifted to the seven boys who happened to be the famous gang in JYP High School.

 

It was GOT7.

 

 

Eunbi looked over her shoulder to eye them carefully when they entered the class. There they are, with those noises just on the first day of school. What a shame!

 

The leader of the group, Im Jaebum or known as JB plastered a cold look on his face when the moment he stepped in the class and swung his bag over his shoulder.

 

 

Another Taiwanese-American red-haired boy, Mark Tuan, followed behind him and hung his black headphones at his neck and casually walked straight to his seat next to a window at the last row in the classroom.

 

 

By then, BamBam and Kim Yugyeom, took their seats by each other and fixed their hair as they put down their bags below their desks. 

 

 

 

 

A Hong Kong boy, Jackson Wang passed by a girl who happened to be standing at her locker and he was glaring at her, deadly like he could burn a hole in her head. "Stop staring at me like that! Do you owe me anything?" He barked and she immediately looked away to avoid his glare. He walked to his take his seat beside JB.

 

 

The last two members, Park Jinyoung and Choi Youngjae, trailed behind their friends and hurriedly went to their seats and seven of them filled almost all seats at the last row in the classroom.

 

 

 

Youngjae was the first to groan when he put his bag under his desk and yawned, "I'm sleepy! First day in JYP High School is nothing to me," he muttered and rested his face on his desk, using a thick English literature book as his 'pillow'.

 

Jinyoung, who sat beside him took out his favorite novel and decided not to make any conversations with anyone. Well, he was the least badass among all when he still got the interest to read a book.

 

Some students didn’t dare to look any longer when GOT7 took seven seats at the back.

 

Joo Hyuk rolled his eyes of annoyance when their voices were too loud, like they owned the whole classroom and didn’t bother about anyone else.

 

"Those badass guys should realize that we're in senior year now. If they are going to stick with their old habits, they won't get good grades before graduating," he mumbled it to Eunbi.

 

She waved her hand, trying to shake off the topic, "Forget it. Think about your grades than theirs. I bet you don’t want to waste your time to think about them."

 

"As always, Go Eunbi with those words."

 

Right then, their homeroom teacher for their Korean Language subject, Mr. Kwon, entered the classroom and all students hurriedly went back to their seats before the mid-30's guy in front of the class stood there, eyeing them.

 

"Alright, as you know, I'm your homeroom teacher for this year and I hope none of you have the intention to skip my class or sleeping during the lesson. Or else, I'll deduct your points. You know what I mean," the homeroom teacher explained.

 

All students groaned with the rules from the discipline teacher of the school since they knew exactly how he would react over anything related with the disciplinary.

 

Eunbi wasn’t the one to get worry about the rules when she remained calm in her seat while reading her novel and plugged the earphone to her ear while shuffling songs in her iPod; refusing to listen anymore.

 

Joo Hyuk watched her from behind her seat and shook his head. She's back to her attitude again. This girl isn't changing at all, he thought.

 

"Choi Youngjae! I've told you not to sleep in the class! Which part of my words that you don’t understand?!" Mr. Kwon blurted out while throwing a chalk right on Youngjae's head who already snoring in the class.

 

"Im Jaebum! No chewing gum in my class!"

 

"Kim Yugyeom, I thought your chair got four legs instead two?!"

 

"Mark Tuan! Stop looking out at the window! Stay focus when the lesson is about to start!"

 

Four of them groaned in annoyance and leaned against their seats while gazing at their homeroom teacher.

 

Jaebum spit his chewing gum into his hand before stick it under his table.

 

Youngjae wiped off his drool at the corner of his lips and Yugyeom sat properly on his chair. With those four legs.

 

As the homeroom teacher roamed his eyes around the class, his eyes caught Go Eunbi who was still in her own world, listening to the music.

 

Joo Hyuk knew by the look from Mr. Kwon, she might get scold for it.

 

Everyone started to shifted their attentions on her.

 

He kicked her chair to get her attention and Eunbi turned to look at him. She mouthed him, "What?"

 

"Take off that thing and keep it now," he whispered.

 

"What?!" She unplugged one of the earphones, trying to make him repeat.

 

"Go Eunbi." She heard her name was being called and quickly looked to the front, only to see Mr. Kwon standing beside her desk while reaching out his hand, asking for the iPod that she had with her.

 

"I know you're genius but I still need you to focus in my class. Give that thing to me."

 

JB smirked when he knew that at least someone other than the GOT7 members got to be the victim on their first day. Bad luck, eh?

 

Eunbi handed her iPod and the earphones to her teacher.

 

"Thank you. Get this thing after the class."

 

"No need to. I could get a new one instead," Eunbi said and smiled bitterly to her teacher, making everyone in the classroom to gasp, along with the teacher.

 

Joo Hyuk bit his bottom lip over her words. Seriously, Go Eunbi?!You shouldn’t say that at all!

 

"Psh, is it necessary to show everyone that she got a lot of money to buy anything that she wants?" Yugyeom muttered under his breathe and chortled, couldn't believe with what he heard.

 

 

---

 

 

It was the meal time and JYP High School students rushed over to the canteen to get their foods.

 

Eunbi and Joo Hyuk went together and joined the long queue while picking their own food trays.

 

"You know, you shouldn’t say that to Mr. Kwon about your iPod."

 

Joo Hyuk walked behind her when the line was slowly moving.

 

"I was saying the truth. It's not like I don’t have money to get one. He annoyed me too much. After all, the lesson was too bored." Eunbi complained and saw another three students at the front before it was her turn.

 

The school canteen worker handed Eunbi a carton of chocolate milk and she continued walking to get the food.

 

Unfortunately, someone else took her place.

 

It was JB. And his gang.

 

Eunbi looked at him in annoyance when their eyes met.

 

"I'm too hungry. I bet you don't mind if my gang and I get the meals first." JB let the canteen worker put some rice into his tray.

 

Joo Hyuk gritted his teeth, "Yah! Don't you even learn how to line up first?!"

 

 

"Do we look like we care? We do what we want. Any problems?" Jackson crashed his shoulders with Joo Hyuk's, with his piercing gaze.

 

Most of the students in the canteen watched the scene and expected something would happen between them and started to whisper to each other.

 

"Oh my God, Nam Joo Hyuk is choosing the wrong way to mess with GOT7."

 

"Hell no. GOT7 is no joke when someone is messing with them."

 

"Another drama is about to happen."

 

Joohyuk sent him a glare and took a deep breathe. 

 

"Do you think a glare can really kill us for gettting in the line? Answer me, dude!"

 

Eunbi pushed Jackson off from Joo Hyuk when he was about to grab her best friend's collar, "You should know your place. We're here for meal. Not to fight."

 

"Oh yeah? And who do you think you are to talk to me in that way?" Jackson leaned in closer to Eunbi but she wasn’t moving an inch from him.

 

Glares were thrown to each other.

 

"I'm his good friend. So, please, move your off from my sight." She replied in her low tone, smirking.

 

BamBam watched with wide smile, "Hell yeah, Jackson! You got this! She's just a girl!"

 

"What does she think? Now, Eunbi is messing with GOT7?!" Another student who sat at the corner said to her friend and stopped eating.

 

"You know, Eunbi has a bad attitude with people around her. And now, she's facing with GOT7. I can say this scene is getting more interesting."

 

"Go Eunbi, let's stop this. They won't give up like what you think. We're wasting the time." Joo Hyuk tried to drag her away but Eunbi remained at her place.

 

All GOT7 members were smirking and they knew they already won when Eunbi had no words left to say.

 

"Maybe next time, sweetheart." Jackson laughed and high-fived with Jinyoung and JB to cheer of joy and went to continue get their meals.

 

"Hey! Go Eunbi! Nam Joo Hyuk! Can you make it quick? Others are starving and we've been waiting for too long!" A boy student shouted at the end of the line.

 

Eunbi put down her tray when all GOT7 members got the meals filled their food trays and headed to their usual seats.

 

The GOT7 members couldn't help but laugh the entire time and it could be heard in the whole canteen.

 

Not grabbing any meals, Eunbi picked her chocolate milk and held it in her hand, leaving Joo Hyuk who was puzzled with his friend.

 

"Hey! Go Eunbi! Are you not going to eat?!" He shouted but she didn’t bother to answer him before he noticed she was making her way to GOT7's table.

 

Joo Hyuk's eyes grew wide, "What is she trying to do?"

 

He cursed under his breathe and put aside the tray to get his friend from causing another mess with the gang.

 

Eunbi opened the milk carefully and the corner of her lips twitched to form a sly smirk.

 

Just when she stood closer at the table, the GOT7 members stopped eating and laughing to look at her.

 

Jackson who was sitting at the end of the table realized she was standing beside him.

 

"What is it that you want? Can't face the fact that you lose-"

 

Jackson couldn’t finish off his words when his meals were ruined when Eunbi poured all of her chocolate milk.

 

All students were disbelief over what they had seen and Joo Hyuk gaped at the scene that Eunbi had created. Oh, ! She just started with that act again!

 

"WHAT THE !" Jackson stood up from his chair and glared at Eunbi. "WHAT THE HELL DID YOU DO?!"

 

"Other students might not dare to lay their eyes on you, but not me. You just decided to mess with the wrong person." Eunbi flipped Jackson's food tray and let all the soup spilled over the whole table and let it get on the other's shirt, as well.

 

"DAMN IT!" JB yelled.

 

Yugyeom slammed the table, "YOU'RE A !"

 

"YOU'RE DEAD, WOMAN!" BamBam quickly wiped off the kimchi stew that got on his shirt.

 

Youngjae was about to slap her but Joo Hyuk was quick to hold his arm.

 

"I bet you don't want to waste your points for hitting a girl," Joo Hyuk shoved his arm away and gripped Eunbi's wrist.

 

"Let's go. Or else, you'd be in trouble." Joo Hyuk whispered and dragged Eunbi out from the school canteen, with all of his strength.

 

But this time, she was satisfied enough to let GOT7 knew what they just did to her.

 

Jackson clenched his teeth and grasped his hands into fists. You're wrong this time for messing with us. Totally wrong, he whispered to himself.