Brand New Seoul

2 Dragons & Phoenix
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seoul...finally...

A girl was in rush hall of running while pulling her big luggage, half of twice big from her passed the airport hall. Her steps was a bit unstable because of heavy jetlag after experiencing a long long trip. In her mind she wanted to rest but she just forced her skinny body to walk a bit far until she stopped taxi and finally was able to sit again. She was hurriedly showed a line of address on her mini notes to the taxi driver and pointed on it was hoping that the taxi driver would understand. The taxi driver looked at that girl face a bit and finally nodded as the sign of agreement. That girls sighed heavily, leaning her back to the seat, her eyes was at the window direction, staring at the skycrapers and the blue sky. She suddenly remembered to turn on her phone, the gps automatically changed into Seoul, South Korea. For no spesific reason, it made her smile a bit. She began to stare to window again until her phone ringing and she pickeed up it.

“Yeoboseyo? Ne eomma?”

“Junhee-ya? Oh? Finally  i can reach you dear...how was your trip? Is that okay? Are you arrived at Seoul already? Have you reached the place on that address that i gave you? Have you eat?”

That girl named Junhee smiled happily hearing her mom’s voice after around 8 hours since the last time she was hardly to say goodbye to her beloved mom.

“Whoa eomma? Please ask me one by one...your daughter just reached to another world okay? Uhm...i just arrived and i’m in taxi right now heading to your address. Uhmmm lunch? N...not yet but i promise i’ll have it don’t worry eomma.”

Junhee was talking in Korean with spesific strange accent it made the driver flinch his glance to rareview seeing her face.

There was sobbing sound across the telephone. Of course it was Junhee eomma.

“What’s wrong eomma?” Junhee tried to make sure. But for a while her eomma just sobbing...it made Junhee felt sad too. Her mom’s sobbing voice was so heartbreaking. She tried hard to hold her tears while waiting her mom to speak again. But after a moment passed, her mom was just in silence. It forced Junhee to speak first.

“It’s okay eomma...i’m fine here. I’ll be fine. This is appa decision right? Appa...last request...before...he...uhm...go...” Junhee voice sounded trembling she remembered her appa who was passed away 2 weeks before her high school graduation. It was the hardest and the saddest moment for her and her family as well.

“M...make sure that you’ll eat my dear? If you can’t stay there....just back to....” Junhee’s eomma hasn’t finished her words.

“Ssssh...eomma i’ll promise i’ll be fine okay? I miss you eomma...”

Junhee’s eomma nodded though her daughter couldn’t see her. “Alright...i’ll believe you dear. Take care okay? I’ll call you later. I love you...”

Junhee was stuttering, “I love you more...eomma...” then the phone was ended. She was staring at her phone screen...keep her head down. She didn’t have any clue for her next life.

“Uhm...agassi? Are you okay?”

Suddenly the driver’s voice  broke the silence and made Junhee a bit flinched. “A...ah...ne....” she answered shortly.

“Is this your first time come to Korea? I’m sorry but your accent is a bit...” the taxi driver laughed awkwardly. Junhee was totally understand of the taxi driver curiousity. It was true that must be her Korean accent is different from the native Korean though she was also Korean too.

“Ah...that...i was born in Korea but... spending my life in Australia. I use mostly English to speak and only using Korean with my family,” said Junhee followed by awkward laugh. To be honest, at that time, she was lazy to have chitchat with other people. So many thoughts was on her mind.

“Then you back to your hometown? Wah...nice...welcome back Agassi!”

Junhee opened the window, the wind hit her face lightly. She needed to calm herself out.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter