i need u

The Sun is Shining
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taehyung’s P.O.V

It’s dark when I wake up, my head aching and my left arm dead from where it’s been tucked under Kookie’s sleeping body for so long. Someone, probably Jin, has turned off the big light and all of Bangtan are curled up around me - me and Kookie tucked into the bed securely and safely by someone else, Yoongi and Jimin curled up on the couch, Jin and Namjoon and Hoseok making a puppy pile on the carpet surrounded by pillows.

I let myself relax.

I feel stuffy, like there’s a cold or a fever coming on, which I guess is understandable considering how soaked I got carrying Kookie from his house to mine. But there’s something else on my mind, something more important than myself.

I look down at the softly sleeping boy beside me, who’s curled himself up into a protective ball, one hand around himself and one arm around me. His cheek brushes against my shoulder, his head fitting perfectly in the curve of my shoulder and neck, his legs tangled with mine and his side moulding with mine like we’re two pieces of a jigsaw puzzle just meant to be together.

I smile. He’s beautiful, really, and I never thought I would think that about a guy of all things. But he is, what with his creamy skin and his cocoa eyes and his stammering voice, soft as silk and smooth as butter when he allows himself to talk.

He mumbles in his sleep. “I… no…”

I frown and turn towards him, hugging him closer. “It’s okay, Kookie. You’re with me. Taehyung.” I hope he can hear me through his dream, somehow - I feel useless when he’s in danger in his dreams. I can’t save him there, can I?

“I… Tae? I…”

“Yeah, Tae,” I soothe. “Taehyung.”

“But why…”

My heart hurts a little bit as I remember: I don’t deserve such warmth and kindness. “You deserve the world, Kookie,” I say, rubbing my thumb gently over the curve of his hip - his shirt has ridden up his body (my shirt, his own too destroyed for him to wear) and he shivers involuntarily with the cold. “You deserve the world,” I repeat, holding back a snuffling sneeze.

His face relaxes. His mumbles stop, his pink lips parting as he falls into deeper, dreamless sleep.

It doesn’t take long before I do too, rocked to sleep by the comforting sight of him close to me and safe, safe from harm and anyone that might hurt him.

My eyelids slowly open, I taken in the current situation, all six of them are still fast asleep, although the one thing I notice the most, is how my arm is wrapped around Kookies’ waist and I have my fingers laced through his…

The blood rush this time, is unreal.

I carefully unlace our fingers and separate our hands, I slowly take away my arm so I don't wake him up, he needs as much sleep as he can get.

It’s nearly 8am and school starts at 9, we have an hour but honestly I don't think we can make it to school at this stage, everyone is exhausted, so am I if I'm being honest with myself.

“Achoo!” Ugh Tae, well done, announce to them on a loudspeaker why don't you. Yes I’ve caught the cold, it's really not surprising though, especially with yesterday's situation, but I need to go out for new bandages, medicines and sports drinks for Kookie, to gain all his energy back.

Poor boy, he was already thin, he’ll be thinner and weaker if we didn't give him all this food and drink, honestly with the way he was last night, I wasn't sure how things were going to turn out, but thanks to the boys, he's patched up and looking better than before.

To be completed honest, without Bangtan, I don't know where I would be.

I grab the warmest coat I have, my grey scarf and my wooly beanie, I go back to my bed and bunch up the quilt, stuffing little pillows in just the right places, in case Jin decides to wake up. It will not turn out well if he found out I'd left the house, in my current condition.

I step out, and the cool morning air hits me hard, I can feel my fever rising again, damnit, I forgot to take my tablets!

I'm basically shivering once I'm done with the shopping, I'm losing my strength, I can feel the weight of the groceries getting heavier and heavier, I really don't think i’ll make it back in one piece.

I can't even take another step before the bags are released from my weak grip straight to the ground, my body not far behind…

“Tae!” I recognised this soft voice, it was Jimin's.

“Jim..inn I..groceries...Kookie..I fee-” he cut me off, his expression showing a hint of anger.

“Tae, what the hell?! When did you become this stupid?” He was basically shouting straight at my face, but had me held up so tightly, ah he's so stupid himself.

I smiled up at him.

“Taehyung, why are you fricking smiling up at me like a little kid, you'd go as far as getting groceries, something you never, and I mean never do no matter what, for this jungkook kid, are you crazy?” Jimins tone was one of confusion but he was more worried about my condition to be honest than the groceries, as his tone took a sudden change after he checked my current state.

“What the hell, you're burning up like crazy Tae, nevermind about how angry I am, think what Jin will do when you get back…” his tone was completely serious, he was right, Jin would kill me I walked into this mess, i'll have to deal with it, with some help of course.

“I didn't know he would be awake, but anyway, Jiimminn, you'll help me won't u?” I basically have no strength left, he's holding me up himself now, tighter than before.

“The things I do for you, you're so blessed, learn to be thankful” he rolls his eyes and starts walking down my street with me held up by one hand and the groceries in the other.

He tells me off the whole walk down, and how I'm burning up even more, but I notice a hint of a smile that's forming,I've known Jimin since as far back as I can remember, no matter what I've been through, whether I'm right or wrong, he's always been by my side, he's always been there when I need him the most.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter