tomorrow

The Sun is Shining
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taehyung’s P.O.V

Just before I press the play button on my iPod to be completely lost in my own world of music I hear that  silky voice, still as stuttery as it was when he introduced himself.

"Umm… Kim Taehyu-"

"Just call me Tae," I say, and wish my heart could stay as cool and collected as my voice does.

Why is this stupid boy’s voice stopping me in my tracks of falling asleep to music, the thing I would ignore even my closest friends to do? And just why did I tell him to call me Tae?! Only the rest of Bangtan can call me that, my closest friends, my best family. I barely know this boy.

I'm definitely out of my mind.

"But I-" he starts to mumble. (His voice is indescribable.)

"I said just call me Tae, jeez.”

I look straight into his eyes that I barely get a glimpse of as they go straight to the floor (I really never knew the floor was that interesting) and before I can squeeze in another blink the rose pink colour starts to fill his cream-like cheeks; he's the definition of enchanting.

I stare at him for a good five minutes until I suddenly notice a grape-like purple bruise on the side of his neck, but the problem is it's not just that one spot that's bruised, the ripped jeans he's wearing also displays the same bruises, maybe even worse?

Just who is this Jeon Jungkook, and what exactly happening to him? Is he in a gang too, or… or something else?

"Err..um...Tae what are you doing?" He whispers ever so slowly, and when did his voice become this raspy, my heart really can't take much more of this boy. I’ve only known him five minutes and already I can feel something swoop low in my chest at the crack of his voice over my name.

But that  isn't the problem at 2.45pm in the study room, the problem is much more complicated, because I need to come up with an excuse to why I'm gently rubbing on the side of his neck where the bruise is sitting, and I need one right now. I always do this when Jimin, Namjoon or Hoseok gets hurt - the other two won’t let me, usually - but to someone I’ve just met? To someone I don’t know?

"I'm just.." damnit I'm stuttering, "There was this weird bug at the spot right there… Um, I'm sorry, I..."

Me? Kim Taehyung? Stuttering? God help me because this time I could feel the blood rushing straight to my cheeks, not stopping to reach my ears either.

God damnit. He's looking right at me, so he'll no doubt notice the change in colour and I'm certainly not having this boy think I'm blushing because of him, just no damn way am I having something like that in a million years.

I kick the table forward so hard it takes not even a split second to fall over and hit the ground (the oh so mesmerising ground, according to him).

"Kim Taehyung! I’ve honestly had enough of you and your stupidity, just you know what? get out of this classroom right this second!”

We’re in class? I’d almost forgotten. But it’s exactly what I was looking for, so I walk out casually with a smirk plastered across my face and I dare not look back at him, or else I would break down right there and then and just demand to know where he got into a fight so early into his first day.

I’m annoyed, far beyond annoyed to be perfectly honest; firstly he didn't answer my questions, then he decides to speak to me in that silk-like raspy voice and lastly he made my heart race.

“Goddamnit!”

I can’t help myself but slam my fist into the wall, feeling the sting of the concrete against my already bruised knuckles. Who’s hurting that boy? Is he in the other gang, or something else entirely? Maybe that’s why he’s a transfer student. He got kicked out of his last school for something… fighting, or smoking, or… or something.

“Tae?”

I turn around when I hear the sound of one of my best friend’s voice, Park Jimin. He’s strolling along the corridor with his hands shoved in his pockets, grinning. “Did you get kicked out of class too?”

“Yep,” I mutter, not really wanting to tell him why. It sounds embarrassing even to think about, even though all I can see in my mind’s eye is a bruise at the corner of a boy’s jaw and a soft, stuttering voice saying my name. “Do you want to head to the station?” I ask instead, pointing my thumb down the corridor.

Jimin shrugs. “Might as well. Namjoon will be there already.”

I laugh a little at that. He’s always there - somehow he’s charmed the teacher into letting him skip last period to get to the radio club fifteen minutes early. (So lucky. I wish I was that charming to my teachers.)

Jimin is telling me about his chemistry class, but honestly I’m not listening that much. My mind is full and for once it’s not about music or the Warfare Gang.

Jeon Jungkook.

Namjoon is more perceptive than Jimin, so as soon as the two of us walk into the radio clubroom he narrows his eyes at me. “What happened to you?” He demands. “You look spacey.”

“Nothing happened to me,” I say weakly, brushing his hands away from me. “Go away.”

Abruptly, Namjoon seems to change track. He flings himself down in his seat again, pulling the headphones around his neck and slightly raising his left eyebrow. “Whatever. Here, I bought you t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter