hold me tight

The Sun is Shining
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taehyung’s P.O.V

I slam the front door making even it tremble by my uncontrollable emotions that are rushing through each and every single one of my veins.

Rubbing the end of my sleeve across my cheek to wipe any remaining blood stains, I make my way towards the kitchen. I know I'd get scolded one way or another so I just stroll in for it myself.

“Tae! Is that any way to come back home? Since when have you become this ill-mannered?” She cries at the top her lungs.

“Ah, mum please, rough day, I've had a really rough day” I gave her a gentle reply, my voice going somewhat hoarse and cracking up at the same time.

She immediately turned off the stove and the sizzling in the pot gradually came to a halt. When she looked me in the eyes her expression became so soft and tender, she knew what my ‘rough’ meant.

And I loved her for that.

“Tae…”

She started dabbing a small piece of cotton wool on my swollen cheek, and in no more than a split second, my eyes hit the floor

“It's not what you think mum, you know I'm not, and I never will be like him.” I hated the thought of it, the thought of her ever thinking I'll go down such a disgraceful path, a path which left my mother broken and torn apart. I'll never let her feel that way again.

Ever.

I gave her a short explanation about what happened today but I didn't mention any specifics, just how a transfer student came into our class, he started getting bullied and I couldn't help jumping in. I mean it's technically the truth right?

She nodded her head, I knew from the look in her glassy eyes she trusted me, and I will always respect that, always.

I lay in bed, tossing and turning trying my best to find a position that will let me slip away into a world that I wish existed, however tonight it seemed that was not the case. Sighing, I sat up on my creaky bed and ran my hands through my hair.

“Why can’t I get you out of my goddamn head Jeon Jungkook...why!” I whisper out in frustration, what has this boy done with me, he's tearing me apart inside out.

I cross the wooden floors and open my curtains, the shock of the moonlight shining through my window catches me off guard and I stumble backwards eventually falling right on my backside.

I'm too mesmerised by the silver glow of the moon and its rays radiating each corner of my room, that I disregard the pain from the sudden fall.

I hope he's’ seeing this right now, I truly hope he believes in a brighter tomorrow...

A brighter tomorrow.

Tomorrow I'll talk to him. Tomorrow he can't run.

My phone buzzes on my bed, interrupting my melancholic thoughts. I pick it up listlessly, not really caring about anything.

It's the group chat.

Park chiminie: I know it's none of our business tae bt what is that boy to u

Rapmonnie: and wtf I've never seen him before is he in a gang

Eommajin: guys that doesn't matter now all that matters is tthat the boy is ok tae what is happening?? We're all here to help u

I sigh. I know they are, but the problem is that I don't know how they can help. I don't even know how to start.

I lay back against my pillow, trying to forget everything, but yet again, I always end up wishing for the impossible.

My phone starts to vibrate once again, but this time it's someone calling me, I rub my eyes to get a clear view of the phone to see who bothered ringing.

Yoongi.

“Hey,” he begins, voice hoarse and kind. “You okay?”  

I sigh in frustration. “I'm fine. There's nothing wrong with me. But it's Jungkook I'm worried about!”

“Not that I'm saying it's bad, but you've never cared. You met him today. You've had one conversation. Are you sure there's nothing else?”

How can I explain it to him? How my heart beats faster when I see him, how I'm captivated by his eyes? “He's just… interesting, Yoongi. I just…”

I don't know what I feel. I wish more than ever that I did. Who is Jeon Jungkook that he can make me feel so different than before? “I think I know how you feel, even if you haven't realised it yourself yet,” Yoongi mumbles. Sometimes I forget how observant he is, second only to the terrifying Seokjin. (Seriously. He's scary when he thinks someone has hurt his family.) “Just promise me you'll tell us when you realise what I know.”

“How can you know, Yoongi? What?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter