Their Next Encounter

Catch A Falling Star

A few days later, Moonbyul was having lunch at the cafeteria by herself since the others had lectures to attend. She was going through her notes while eating her meal to keep her mind occupied.

Minhyuk picked up his lunch tray from the counter and scanned the cafeteria for any of his friends. Unfortunately for him, they were nowhere to be found. As he was searching for an empty table, he came across a familiar face. He walked passed the girl who was currently emersed in her notes while drinking her yogurt drink and sat a few tables away. He thought of joining her but didn't want to make her feel uncomfortable so he remained where he was. He ate his meal while occasionally taking a peek at Moonbyul. She caught him staring at one point and smile politely at him before turning back to her notes. He smiled back and felt as if his heart was going to pop out of his chest. 

Before practice that afternoon, Minhyuk headed to the library to get a book he required for one of his assignments. As he exited the library, he noticed a poster posted up by Mrs. Choi seeking assistance for the library next Monday. He thought it through and decided to help out since he had no practice session next Monday as it was cancelled. He approached the desk where Mrs. Choi was and informed her that he'd be happy to help. 

"Oh that's brilliant, Minhyukssi!" She said happily. "Thank you."

"Aniya." He smiled. "It's the least I can do after all you've done for me since first year."

"You speak so highly of me. Finding books is my job!" She said brightly. 

"Regardless, thank you!" He said sweetly.

"In that case, I better take the poster down." Mrs. Choi said as she left her work area to go retrieve the poster. "I only asked for two volunteers and I have them already."

She came back shortly, rolling her poster up neatly before placing it to one side. She started asking Minhyuk about his studies and about his sports season to which Minhyuk gladly entertained. Mrs. Choi made him feel at home by showing genuine interest in Minhyuk's stories- her eyes never leaving his. Once Minhyuk had completed telling her the preprations of his team, he was surprised as she craned her neck to look behind him and called out-

"Ms. Moon!" She called out. And said softly to herself "Oh what good timing." 

Footsteps were heard approaching though Minhyuk didn't turn as he was too comfortable in the position he was currently in. "So happy that you're here. You and Mr. Lee have both volunteered in helping out with the library next Monday." Mrs. Choi explained as Ms. Moon came by. 

Minhyuk stood up and faced his soon to be partner and realised it was none other than Moonbyul. She gave a polite bow to Mrs. Choi and him. Minhyuk returned the bow and gave her a smile. She smiled gently back at the man before her. 

"I'll be going to the bank in the morning and I have a check up to attend after that. It's nothing major- but at my age you have these routine check ups. So I'm not sure if I'd be around on Monday, thus why I need the help." Mrs. Choi explained as she gathered the books on her work desk and set them aside neatly. She face the kind students before her. "Thank you so much. I really appreciate it." 

Both Moonbyul and Minhyuk said it wasn't a problem and that they are glad to help. Mrs. Choi went on to explain what they had to do. Things such as clear the return chute, check them back in and rearrange them on the shelf. After explaining in detail on how to sort the books to the right shelves and unit. After she was done, the three parted ways and went on with their daily plans. 

Minhyuk headed off to practice and Moonbyul went into the library to study. Inside the library, her eyes found Whee In and joined her. Whee In welcomed her and they studied together. After an hour or so, when the library was quite empty and no one was around their area, making it alright for them to talk, Whee In voiced out.

"Unnie," she called getting Moonbyul's attention. Moonbyul was solving some algebra problems. Moonbyul raised her eyebrows slightly and hmmed at the younger student, writinf her final line then turned to face Whee In. "What were you talking to Mrs. Choi about with Lee Minhyuk?"

"Ah just now?" she started, she picked up her pen and l continued with her calculations while replying, "He and I volunteered to assist Mrs. Choi with the library next Monday since she won't be around" 

"Ahh, that was nice of you and him." Whee In said nodding her head slightly. Moonbyul suddenly paused her work and creased her eyebrows adorably. 

"Lee Minhyuk?" She said curiously, "Why is that name familiar?" She asked aloud and tapped her pen lightly on her left palm. 

"He's in my course but he's one year above me." Whee In stated. "He also plays football for the University. He's quite good! I think he's the captain or star player or something."

Moonbyul began to nod her head. "Ah now I remember," she said softly. "I always hear of him, but I never knew how he looked like in person. Now I know." 

Moonbyul proceeded to tell Whee In about their encounter a few days earlier. Whee In said she'll beat him up for bumping into her unnie to which Moonbyul laughed and shaked her head at the younger girl. After a while, Whee In scooted slightly closer and whispered. 

"He's quite cute though." She said. Moonbyul looked back up and thought of what Whee In stated then shrug. 

"Quite." She agreed eventually. "He seems nice."