Apprearing Again

Catch A Falling Star

A/N: Can you tell that I'm flooded with assignments already? Sigh, uni life guys, uni life. Anyway, I apologise for updating late but here you go. Please read and review.

Thank you so much for the comments and also for subscribing. You're all seriously amazing!

-----

Moonbyul closed the door behind her and let out a breath that she could have sworn she held for a week. It's over, she thought. She had just ended her presentation with her group and while results weren't out yet, her group got excellent feedback from their lecturer. She shut her eyes and took a deep breath before letting it out and smiling- relieved everything was done for the day. 

It was nearing the end of the day, she had more than an hour to spare before needing to meet up with the others. She heard her tummy grumble and chuckled to herself. She made her way through the hallways to the main building to grab a bite. She had skipped having lunch that day due to final presentation changes. She skimmed through the menu at the cafeteria which was almost empty- thinking about what to eat. 

"I recommend the noodle soup. It's delicious." Moonbyul jumped slightly then spun around as a deep voice had appeared from behind her.

"Minhyukssi" she greeted in shock and confusion. He stood there smiling and gestured her to make her order. She told the cafeteria staff her choice of meal before turning back to Minhyuk. "Would you like anything?"

"Aniya. Kwenchana." He said. He then saw Moonbyul's I-won't-take-no-for-an-answer expression and chuckled. He grabbed a chocolate bar from the counter display before placing it on the counter infront of her. 

After paying for her order, she proceeded to the pick up counter. Before she could reach for her tray, Minhyuk picked it up and gave her a smile. Before she could protest, he gestured for her to pick a table to which she lead on. Once they've reached the table, Moonbyul sat down and Minhyuk placed the tray in front of her. 

"Kamsahamnida" she thanked him. "But you didn't need to."

"I know." He said and continued quietly, "But I wanted to."

She felt awkward, was he going to sit there all day? How was she suppose to eat in peace? He caught on and apologised. 

"Mianhe. It seems like I'm bothering you. Should I leave?" He asked guiltily. Moonbyul smiled and shook her head. 

"Kwenchana." She said, picking up her chopsticks and started stirring her bowl of noodle soup. 

They carried on talking about their day and their latest assignments and coursework. Moonbyul got more comfortable as the conversation progressed and was eating comfortably. Minhyuk ate his chocolate bar so Moonbyul wouldn't feel too awkward. Not long later, Moonbyul was done with her meal and she pushed her tray aside. 

She turned to Minhyuk who was talking about one of his lectures that morning. As he was talking he realised that Moonbyul was staring at him quite deeply. He stopped,

"Is there something wrong?" He asked politely. "You kept staring."

"Oh aniya!" She replied as soon as she realised what she was doing. She gave a relaxed smile and said shyly, "it's just that.. you keep appearing a lot these days." before looking down on the table before her. 

"Oh." He let out as he absorbed all she just said. He didn't quite understand what it had meant. He furrowed his eyebrows, looked at her and asked quietly, "Does.. does that bother you?"

Moonbyul snapped her head up and looked at him. His expression was a mix of worry, regret and hope? Her eyes soften as she let out a kind smile. "No. I actually like it."

His smile reached his ears as he heard Moonbyul say that. He felt like flying. He suddenly remember the real reason he looked for her in the first place. 

"Good." He smiled on. "By the way," he started only to pause right after. Moonbyul raised her eyebrows slightly at him. "We're going to semi-finals."

"You won?" She asked for clarification. He nodded his head and smiled brightly at her. "That's great! Congratulations!" 

A million thoughts raced through his mind after he told her they won. Did she remember? Would she come? "Kamsahamnida" he thanked modestly. 

He watched as she smiles brightly at him before taking out her phone and doing something on it. She would push her glasses up in between tapping the screen. He was getting nervous again- does he just asks her casually or does he invite her or does he- 

"So, when's the next game?" She asked, snapping him out of his thoughts. 

"Friday evening, 7pm." He replied. He then watched as she added his game into her planner. "What are you doing?"

"I'm putting it in my calendar and setting a reminder." She said showing him the saved settings. She met his gaze which to her looked a bit confused. She smiled, "I'm gonna watch you play, remember?"

Could this day get any better? Minhyuk's face broke out into yet another wide smile. Regardless of the real meaning behind her words, she hadn't said that she was interested in the game or that she was going to watch them play- instead she said she was going to watch him play. His heart fluttered- even if it wasn't necessarily correct- he loved the idea of having a special someone in the bleachers cheering him on in his games. He really really wanted it to be her.

After putting away her tray and clearing her table, Moonbyul stood up to leave. It was already almost time to meet the rest of the girls. It wasn't a surprise when Minhyuk walked her to her car as he already established himself as a gentleman- but still, it made Moonbyul's heart flutter. 

While walking, Minhyuk talked about his previous games and the tactics they used to win them. Moonbyul on the other hand, gave him her full attention and was genuinely interested in what he was saying. She liked seeing the way his eyes light up whenever he would tell her about his day, talk about football or even when he attempts to make a joke.

As they neared the car, Minhyuk bid her farewell as he saw her friends already waiting for her by her car. The three girls hadn't seem to spot them yet but Minhyuk didn't know if it was alright to be seen walking with her in such a way. He was afraid they would get the wrong idea. He wouldn't want Moonbyul to feel uncomfortable or anything. 

"I'll see you tomorrow?" He said in a hopeful tone. Moonbyul smiled at him and nodded. "Drive safely."

"Arasso." She said. "Take care Minhyukssi, bye" 

Moonbyul made her way to her car where everyone seemed to be busy playing with their phones. 

"Hey!" She greeted them. No one looked up- that made her a bit confused and she furrowed her eyebrow. 

"You know that we're just pretending not to have seen anything, right?" Solar said without tearing her eyes from her phone screen. However, her previous blank expression had turned into a smirk. 

"Whee In ahh" Hwasa said for everyone to hear as she leant closer to Whee In. "I told you our Byulie Unnie's got game."

"Unnie's really the best!" Whee In played aling as if Moonbyul and Solar weren't there. "Did you see her blushing though?"

"Oooolalaa~" Hwasa said as she wiggled her eyebrows. 

Moonbyul was watching their interaction and chuckled to herself. Why does she love them so much? She unlocked the doors and walked to the driver's side.

"Arasso. Cut it out guys." She sighed before playfully adding, "unless you want to walk home for the rest of the month."

They laughed and got into the car.