Please Be Mine

Catch A Falling Star

A/N: Guyyyysss! Seriously, despite the whole happiness and excitement I experienced with all the comebacks and vocal slayage, it has been a hectic few weeks for me. (Even if I had a week off. Haha) It was mainly because of the amount of coursework I had to complete mix in with the studying part of university life and I'm also on a sports team and it's game season. Been juggling everything and thankfully everything's going well! I'm not complaining or anything like that but I just wanted to say thank you- for reading, subscribing, commenting and being patient with me. Coming home to your comments brighten up even my darkest days. THANK YOU! 

AND DID YOU ALL SEE THEIR COMEBACK STAGES?! THEY SLAYYYYEDDDD! HOPING FOR SOMR BTOMOO INTERACTIONS THIS ERA!

Okay, LEGGO!

--------------------------------

Moonbyul was one of the last few people to leave the lecture hall. Her head was still spinning due to the new chapter they had just tackled. The lecturer went through everything so quickly that she didn't even know if she didn't know anything. 

She recalled one particular question she had asked the lecturer and attempted to calculate it again in her head as she walked. When she realised she didn't get the concept and shrugged, deciding to let it go and just do some reading over the weekend when she could.

She pursed her lips and continued to walk aimlessly through the main hallway. She had already had her lunch so she wasn't feeling hungry. As she walked, she thought of what to do or where to go, it was a Friday evening so the atmosphere was a bit dead. 'Should I go to the library?' She thought before scrunching up her face cutely, 'I always go to the library'. She sighed, the library it is then. She took a turn to head to the library as she and was surprised to come face to face with Minhyuk who was coming around from the other end.

"Oh. Byulssi." He said with a smile as he walked closer to her before stopping in front of her. "Anneyong."

"Hey." She greeted back softly as she bowed her head slightly.

"How's your day so far?" He asked her as he took a step closer to her. If asked, Minhyuk would say that he did so in order to make sure he wasn't blocking anyone's way but if he was honest, he just wants to be closer to Moonbyul. 

"UGHHH!" She let out a joking groan and he asked the question before giggling at her own response. He too laugh, why did she have to be so adorable?

"That bad huh?" He asked while chuckling slightly.

"You could say so. Tough lecture today." She said followed by a despaired sigh. She then looked up to him and saw he was thinking about something. "What about you?" 

"Oh same old, same old. Getting better now though." Minhyuk replied before grinning cheekily at Moonbyul. Moonbyul laughed and shook her head lightly before breaking their eye contact to keep her phone in her bag.

"So where are you heading now?" He asked, watching her carefully.

"Hmm," she hummed uncertainly before continuing, "I was thinking of going to the library but to be completely honest, I don't think I'm in the mood to go over the topic yet. I'm still having a headache but I don't have anything else to do."

"I know what you mean." Minhyuk looked at her again and it saw her casually looking around. She looked back to him and before she could do or say anything, Minhyuk nervously voiced out. "A-actually, I might be able to suggest another option other than going to the library."

Moonbyul raised her eyebrows. She saw the mischieviously nervous glint in his eyes and knew straight away he had an idea running through his mind. He rubbed the back of his neck and gave her an innocent smile.

"If you don't mind, there's something I want to show you." He said as he pointed his thumb behind him. Moonbyul raised her eyebrows in suprise and curiosity.

"Now?" She asked.

"Nae." He gestured the direction, insisting she walked first before falling into step with her. 

They walked together, making small talk about anything that came to mind. They walked from the main building to another building before going up the stairs. It was a few flights and Minhyuk felt guilty that he was making her walk all the way up.

"I'm sorry about the stairs." He said from behind her. He had her go up first and stayed behind her just in case if anything happens,

"Kwenchana." She said as she briefly turned back to look at him before continuing het steady pace up the stairs. "I'm used to walking many flights of stairs. This is a piece of cake."

Minhyuk smiled, she was truly something different. As the reached the final step, Minhyuk went to open the door for her. "Cha. Here we are." 

"What did want to.. Wah!" She cuoldn't help but be amazed. It was the university's greenhouse or as some people called it, sky garden. "It's so pretty!"

"Isn't it? It's so soothing and calm too." He replied. He then looked at her in interest. She went around, admiring the beauty of each plant and flower and inhaling its scent.

After a while of wondering around the greenhouse, she came back in front of Minhyuk, smiling widely and happily which made his heart beat faster.

"It reminds me of my grandmother's garden." She told him softly, genuinely happy. "I never knew it was here. How did you know about this place?"

"Choi Yuna- wait. She has a nickname" he replied before muttering to himself. "What was it?" 

"Choi Yuna?" She echoed before thinking as well to help him out. "Yuju-ssi?"

"That's it! Yujussi!" He said excitedly as he got the name right. "She had mentioned about this greenhouse when I bought flowers from her not long ago."

"Her mother's roses?" Moonbyul asked as she recalled seeing the junior selling flowers for charity a while back. Minhyuk nodded in confirmation. "Oh ah, Solar ssi bought a rose for herself and placed it in her room. It was very pretty!"

Moonbyul then bit her lip and wondered if she should bring up the roses she got. She was convinced that it had been from him but she had never been sure. She decided that either way, she decided to just put it out there. "I received a few roses from someone actually that day. It was placed on my car."

"Oh?" He said surprised. He then found one of the flowers there to be very interesting and read it's name briefly before turning back to her. Poker face game on. "Who gave them?"

Moonbyul froze as she stared at the ground. 'So, it wasn't from him?' She felt a bit sad discovering that the secret sender wasn't him but she decided that it didn't matter in the end since they're here now. She shrugged casually before looking around the greenhouse again. "I don't know."

He hadn't miss the way her shoulders dropped slightly as she too turned to admire a few other plants that were around them. He regretted not being straight forward witb her and took a few steps towards her. 

"Actually.." He said softly. Moonbyul lifted her eyes to meet his and saw that he was quite nervous. He rubbed the back of his neck before turning away shyly. "Would it be horrible if it was me?" 

"Why would it be?" Moonbyul asked as she bent her head to one side and looked at him. When he turned back to her, she smiled then she softly said "I was hoping it was you."

His heart soared again. Happy that she didn't mind that he had been somewhat secretive about it just then and smiled. "Good." 

"Thank you." She said shyly before blushing slightly. 

"You're welcome." He watched as she turned back to the plants, she looked like she was occupied by her thoughts. After a few moments of silence she spoke up softly again.

"I've been meaning to thank you for a while. But given the circumstances, I wasn't 100% sure if the sender was you." She confessed with a hint of nervousness, guilt and amusement. He wanted nothing more than to hold her in his arms and tell her it was alright. 

"Kwenchana." He said as he took a step towards her. "I'm sorry for being mysterious and somewhat ambiguous then. I just didn't know what to do."

"Don't be sorry." She said with a smile before hitting his arm softly. "We're together now, aren't we? That's all that matters." 

'We're together now, aren't we?' Echoed in his head. Were they? He then recalled the ultimate reason he had brought her up here. Not only did he want to cheer her up from the day that she had but he had also wanted to discuss one thing in particular with her.

"I wanted to talk to you about something." He started. She realised that he got nervous again and took a step forward, nodding so he'd know that she was all ears."The other day.. no. Wait.." 

"Kwenchana." She said gently as she saw that he started to get frustrated with himself. "Take your time."

He smiled slightly at her before rearranging his words in his head. "You said something that got me thinking."

She nodded again, allowing him to go on. He took a deep breath and looked her in the eyes. She could see his ears going red and found it to be truly adorable. However, she was curious as to what was it that made him this nervous.

"I'm not sure if this is moving too fast or anything but can I..-" he started, voice slightly shaking before clearing his throat and continuing with more certainty and confidence- he gently took her hand and looked into her eyes again. "Will you please be mine?"

Everything around her froze for a moment. To say that she was confused by the whole situation would be an under statement. Weren't they already a couple? She recalled that she had used the term boyfriend while exchanging phone numbers with him.

After a brief moment of somewhat panic, Moonbyul's eyes soften as she realised that he wanted to ask her officially. That way, no one would be unclear of where they stood. She blushed a bit, wishing that she had given him the same treatment instead of just jumping into things. It was like the date episode all over again. 

She smiled shyly before lacing her fingers through his and meeting his nervous eyes before leaning up and whispering, "Only if you'll be mine."

None of them could control the goofy smiles that played on their lips after that. They continued to walk around the greenhouse, never letting go of each other's hand and talked about the flowers and plants they liked and also talking about other things. Moonbyul had to admit, she found the whole situation to be very romantic and was thankful that he was the one she shared it with.

After a while, he realised she would probably have to soon as her friends would be waiting and decided to walk her to her car. He lead her carefully down the stairs, making sure nothing happened to her. She was grateful that he was such a gentleman and caring to a point where it made her heart completely melt.

They let go of each other's hand as they arrived to the hallways, both deciding that it was better not to display too much affection as they respected the institution they were in. They had many more chances to do so outside. 

"Any plans for the weekend?" Moonbyul asked as they walked together to her car. Minhyuk thought of it for a while before turning back to her and smiling to her. 

"Well, I was wondering, if it isn't too late of a notice- would my girlfriend like to have dinner with me tomorrow?" He asked. He grinned as he used the word 'girlfriend'. It felt good to say it out loud. She chuckled slightly and blushed.

"Your girlfriend would like that very much." She said smiling happily as well.

They carried on walking and talking until they were a few metres away from her car and saw her friends waiting there already.

"Oh! Minhyukssi anneyong!" Whee In said excitedly waving at his directly and bowing slightly as he got closer. The other two followed in suit. Whee In then leaped to Moonbyul and gave her a hug to which she responded. "Unnie! I've missed you!"

Moonbyul was a bit confused of Whee In's sudden actions but decided to just go along with it. Minhyuk stood by and watched their interactions with each other and found it quite precious. Moonbyul then voiced out again, "I miss you too..?"

"She's just really happy because she scored the highest in our latest test." Hwasa explained as she patted her best friend's back proudly. "Good job!"

"Hyejin did well too! Just 0.5 marks below mine." Whee In said as she pulled away from Moonbyul. Hwasa gave a peace sign and rocked the 'I've got this!' look when they all turned towards her.

"Wah! Good job!" Moonbyul said excitedly clapping for her friends. She patted Whee In's and Hwasa's shoulders and looked at them with a proud big sister kind of look. "I'm proud of you both." 

"Nae. Me too." Came Solar's voice. Minhyuk realised that it was a good of a time as any to bow out and give the girls their space.

"Congratulations, ladies." Minhyuk said to Hwasa and Whee In. "If I may, I'm also happy for you both." 

"Kamsahamnida." The two bowed, politely thanking him for his kind words. Minhyuk smiled and readjusted his back pack on his shoulders.

"I should probably get going." He said as he turned to face them.

"Oh! Us too." Hwasa said in shock as she glanced at her wristwatc and gasped loudly. "My drama is starting soon!"

Everyone laughed as they watched as the youngest one present bowed to Minhyuk politely before getting in the passenger seat and waiting anxiously, tapping on the dashboard, impatiently. Hwasa also kept glancing to her watch every now and then.

"Well, best not keep her waiting. I'll see you off." Minhyuk said as he opened the driver rear door for Solar and Whee In. The two blushed slightly at his actions, thanked him and bid him farewell before sliding in. 

"Have a nice weekend, Minhyukssi." Solar said politely as she got in the car after Whee In. He smiled and nodded before closing the door. He then opened the driver side door for Moonbyul.

"I'll uh, call you tonight?" He said hessitantly as if he was wondering if that would be alright with her. She smiled and nodded.

"You can call me anytime." She said softly before entering the car. He closed it and stepped back as she started the engine. The girls rolled down their windows to say goodbye and wave to him. He laughed at how loud he realised they were and waved back. 

His heart skipped a beat when he saw that Moonbyul gave him an adorable hamster like smile before driving off. He happily turned around when they were out of sight and walked happily back to his car. It was a good day for him, indeed.