Xi Luhan

The Boyfriend List
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

LUHAN

-

(but he left.)

JOOHYUN

The project ended after the week passed by. 

Needless to say, Minseok and I never exchanged a word since that day that I found out that he didn't want anything to do with me, because of some stupid rumor. I really did think he was different. I thought he didn't care, and that he only did things that he wanted to do, not what others wanted to do. But, it seems as though he's as embarrassed to be with me like everyone else. And...it hurts me to know that. It hurts to know that half of this school is embarrassed to even be near me.

But, what can I do? There's really nothing I can do, but let it pass by me and forget it ever happened. 

So, the rumor went away just as fast as it came. It seemed like a waste, just something to get everyone hyped up to know that a new "scandal" has popped out of nowhere. 

Anyway, it was Friday night. I was planning on staying at home, sleeping or looking at old television shows or strolling through my computer to look at something interesting until I got tired. Just as I got settled in my pajamas, I heard my phone ring with my favorite song. A picture of Seulgi's face flashed across the screen. I didn't think much about her calling as I answered. "Hello?"

"Hey, I heard that Baekhyun's having a big party at his house tonight, and everyone's invited!" she shouted into the receiver, making me move the phone away from her blaring voice that made my ears ring. 

I sigh. "So?"

"So, you're going!" 

I groaned, falling onto the bed that I wasn't planning on getting up from at all tonight. "Whyyy~?" 

"Because you need to get out and have fun! You've been looking really depressed and it's bringing my good vibes down." 

I rolled my eyes. 

"C'mon, Joohyun! This could be good!" 

"How?" I shoot back. 

"Well...You could meet a new guy?" 

I quickly sit up, my body burning. "No. I'm so done with guys now. They just give me a headache." 

"I'm not even into guys, but I guess I can get where you come from."

I roll my eyes again. This isn't convincing me any better. It's only making me want to crawl into my blankets and probably stay until I rot. "No, Seulgi. Tonight is my night." 

"You mean it's your night to have fun? And not stay in your room in the darkness while the computer burns your brain even more?" 

I grin. "You finally get it!" 

"You're such a depressing person." Then, she groans into the phone. "Joohyun, please~" she begs even further. "Just this once? For your bestie?"

I'm about to gauge my eyes out because I know I'm going to say yes. I'm such an easy person. "Okay, fine, fine!" I groan. Time to tear my eyeballs out. 

Seulgi squeals. "Thanks, Joohyun! Put on something cute, not your same jeans and sweatshirt."

I frowned. "But...I love my jeans and my sweashirt..."

"And I love punching my friends."

I shiver in fear at her intimidating voice. "Right..." 

"Great! See you there!" And, she hangs up, leaving me in silence as I begin to self-loathe. I lay in my bed for an extra five minutes. I'm going to miss you, but I'll back soon. 

I whimper when I hit my floor. I crawl to my closet and open it, only to find the clothes that Seulgi bought for me for Joonmyeon. I grimace at how bright the skirts and crop tops and everything else is. It's like I'm going to throw up rainbows at seeing this. 

I decide to get mini-shorts and a striped T-shirt. I fitted into them slowly, trying to stall as much as I can. Then, I begin to think. I don't even like Baekhyun! Why in the hell did I agree to use my time and energy to walk to his house, go inside, and just stand around for hours on end? Geez, I really am an easy person. But, when it's Seulgi, I can never disagree. She gets quite aggressive. 

I shudder at the thought of her eyes staring into my soul. I take my belongings and walk down the stairs. As usual, Mom is at the couch, watching her K-dramas. There's loads of DVD's on the coffee table, meaning that she's about to watch all of them. 

If only I can watch videos all night like her...

"Mom, I'm going to a party," I said, getting my coat from the rack and stuffing my arms through the sleeves. 

"Really?" she questions. 

"Yeah," I say, rolling my eyes for the third time that evening. 

"And here I thought you'd stay cooped up in that room of yours and stare at your computer screen all night," she points out, chuckling to herself. 

"Me too...," I respond, saying that more to myself than her. 

That's when a funny scene comes up and Mom begins to laugh, slapping her leg. I give her a look and slip out of the door. I sigh. Her and her K-dramas. 

Finally, I arrived at Baekhyun's house. Thankfully, it's only three blocks down from my house, so I didn't have to waste that much energy. As I stood outside his door, I could hear the music blaring, and it's so clear, it's like the radio is outside. I shake my head, already hating this. 

I knock on the door since I'm a polite person. When no one came, I twisted the unlocked door and opened it. Of course it's unlocked! 

That idiot...

I close the door behind me as I start to search for the main reason why I came to this stupid party. I bump into countless people dancing weirdly to the deafening music. There's destroyed furniture and plastic red cups lining the stained carpeted floor. I almost feel bad since the charming Byun will have to clean all of this. Almost. 

I walk through the crowed living room. Everyone is shouting at the top of their lungs and it hurts to hear them. Then, I make it into the kitchen. People are making disgusting looking foods on the counter as the coffee table is filled with different foods like cake mix, hot sauce, chocolate milk and more that makes me gag from the sight. 

That's when I find Seulgi by the backdoors, that apparently leads to an outdoor pool where people are skinny dipping. 

Lovely. 

"Seulgi!" I shout, but I'm unheard over everyone else.

"Seulgi​!" Still unheard. 

I take in a deep breath, preparing myself. "SEULGI​!" 

Finally, finally, Seulgi turns around, holding a plastic red cup. She sees me and her face brightens. I just stare at her, my frown deepening. She rushes over to me. "You've made it!"

"You threatened me to make me come," I remind. 

Seulgi laughs, slapping my arm. I wince, holding the spot her surprisingly strong hand hit. "You're funny!" 

Okay, she's pretending that earlier didn't happen. Nice. 

I shrugged. "Whatever." 

Then, Wendy comes over to us. I feel a sense of relief seeing her. That means that Wendy can keep Seulgi company so I don't have to. It's perfect!

"Hey, Joohyun," she greeted with a soft smile. 

I smiled back. "Hey! It's nice to see you again."

"Same here."

All three of us stand in silence for about five seconds until Seulgi gives me that "You-can-go-now" look. I smile again, raising my hands in defense. 

"It was nice seeing you," I said to Wendy. She nodded to me and I make my way out of the kitchen. I need to occupy myself while I'm here, but I can't think of anything. 

That's when someone bumps into me. I stumble to the side a bit, making sure that I don't bump into anyone. I look over to see a guy with dark hair and brown eyes and...a handsome face. 

Oh, God, not this again! 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter