Kim Joonmyeon

The Boyfriend List
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

JOONMYEON

-

(but he did liked me.)

JOOHYUN

Ridiculous. 

Just ridiculous. 

I never thought in a million years that a guy (let alone a good-looking guy) would confess to me that he likes me. I want to believe that this is some joke, like with Chanyeol, but I know him. He would never hurt a fly. Although he hangs out with those jerks, he's probably the most nicest person in that group. 

His name is Kim Joonmyeon. And, he likes me. 

Who would ever in their right state of mind would look at a girl like me twice? I'm not pretty. I'm introverted. I'm awkward. I hate talking. And, I'm not anywhere near their league. 

I want to understand this, but I really can't. 

It all happened three weeks after the festival.

It was afterschool, and I was ready to go to my next tutor session with Baekhyun. Although he's passing his classes, the teacher still thinks that he'll need a little extra help. Seulgi told me that Baekhyun's doing it on purpose to see me. Not even a stupid person would believe that.

Anyway, as soon as I opened my locker, a piece of paper fluttered out. I was reluctant at first before getting it from the school's floor. It was neatly folded and I blinked. Don't tell me this is some sappy love note, or something. I laughed at my own thought until opening it. 

Hello. You may be a bit confused; that is understandable. After all, you don't get notes like this every day haha. 

I wanted to write this note because well...I've always looked at you from a distance. You sit by yourself during class lessons, you're very quiet, you don't cause trouble, and you're not preppy. Like most of the ladies here. 

You're different, Bae Joohyun. And, I like that about you. 

You may not know me, though. This is why I'm writing this letter to you. I would like for you to meet me at the rooftop afterschool. I understand if you're unable to make it, as you do not know who I am. 

Anyhow...I'll be waiting.

At first, I really did think this was some sick joke. I mean, who in the actual hell would use their precious time to write me a letter, wait until I come on the rooftop, and talk to me? This person must be insane. 

Plus, I have to tutor Baekhyun. I've made him wait for over ten minutes because I read over this letter more than five times to confirm that I'm not dreaming. 

I stuff the note in my pocket. I went to the library and to the back room. I opened the door slowly and peered in. "Baekhyun...?" I call. No response.

I look inside the room. He's not even here. Hah. Knowing him, he probably ditched because I was taking too long. 

I closed the door and bolted to the rooftop. I don't know why I'm going anyway. I guess I just want to see if this is legit or not. Knowing my luck, it's some stupid prank. 

I walk the long flights of stairs to get to the rooftop. When I'm at the entrance, I look through the small window that's on the door. I don't see anyone. 

I place my hand on the knob, twist it, and open the door. The Autumn's winds slap me in the face and I'm taken aback at how cold it is. The blazer wrapped around my body does no good. I shiver, bringing my hands to my upper arms. Was the rooftop really a good idea?

I walk further, and I still see no one. Great. I was stood up. Again.

When I turned around, there's a guy at the entrance. I jumped. 

He has a sweet grin on his face. His black hair is a soft caramel from the sun's light. His pale skin shimmers under the light and I'm almost blind at how...handsome he looks. 

"I'm sorry. I suppose the rooftop was a bad place to meet, right?" He chuckles.

His voice is so gentle, like he's afraid of being loud. 

My legs were shivering from being exposed to the cold air for too long. "W-who are you?" My teeth chattered.

He walked closer to me. I stayed frozen in my spot. "My name is Kim Joonmyeon."

Kim...Joonmyeon? Him? The one who hangs out with Chanyeol and Baekhyun and the rest of those jerks? This guy is friends with THEM? 

No freaking way. I feel faint all of a sudden. Slap me with a bed. 

I shake past that and I take in a deep breath. My lips are getting dry from this coldness. "S-so..." I swallow. "Why did you want me here?"

He stops walking when we're close, but still a friendly distance away. I can't move. I have no idea what he's going to do. And it just makes me more faint to my head... and a little to my stomach.

"Bae Joohyun... Please go out with me."

Everything went dark.

"-hyun."

There's a voice. 

"Joohyun!" 

A soft voice.

"Joohyun!"

I quickly shot up from where I laid at. It was a bed. My vision was blurred for a few moments. I brought up my closed hands and rub them against my eyes, trying to wake my mind to reality. 

Afterwards, I look around my surroundings. I'm in the school's nurses' office. How did I end up here?

"Joohyun... You're awake."

I quickly looked to my right. He's here; soft smile, black hair, pale skin. Joonmyeon. 

I swiftly stood to my feet. "W-what are you doing here?" I say, putting a fair amount of distance between us. 

Joonmyeon gave me a sympathetic look. "Well... I think you fainted, so I decided to bring you here. I was really worried about you."

Worried...about me? Is this guy stupid or what? I'm sure every other girl would be swooned so much, but me... I'm almost creeped out. "Uhh..." I was lost for words. 

Then, he took a step towards me. I took a step back, but my legs were so wobbly that I staggered onto the table that I was laying on earlier. "Joohyun... I really like you. I wish for you to give me a chance, just this once."

My heart rate is increasing drastically fast. What the heck are you supposed to say in situations like this?! Of course, I've never, ever been confessed to before. And plus, I don't even know Joonmyeon. Does this really have to be complicated? 

I swallowed with the little saliva I had. "B-but..."

"Joohyun! Are you in here?!"

The two of us turned to the entrance. That voice. I only know one person who has a voice like that. 

"Baekhyun?" I asked, shocked out of my mind. 

Once Baekhyun stopped in front of us, he hunched over to his knees and started panting. Joonmyeon and I just stood there, surprised to see that Baekhyun just popped out of nowhere.

When he was done, he stood upright and immediately noticed Joonmyeon. "Woah, Joonmyeon-hyung. What are you doing here?" His eyes are as big as the saucers my mom uses for dessert foods.

"B-Baekhyun...?" Joonmyeon asked, mouth gaping.

I'm still wondering how Baekhyun suddenly appeared here. How did he know where I was? 

Baekhyun shrugged past Joonmyeon's question and turned to me. "Joohyun, where were you? I was looking for you for ages!" he said, frowning. 

"Where was I? More like, where were you? When I went into the room, you weren't there," I retorted, my headache coming back. 

Baekhyun threw his head back. "Mind you, I was taking a piss. You couldn't wait for five seconds?"

My face heated at the un-needed information. Keep that stuff to yourself, Baekhyun.

I groaned. "Whatever," I gave in, not knowing what to exactly say. 

"Wait...Joohyun is your tutor?" Joonmyeon asked out of the blue. 

Baekhyun's eyes glinted in shock for a split second until turning back to normal. "Wh-what...? No, of course not!" he dismissed of.

I narrowed my eyes at the Byun. What exactly is going on here? "What are you saying? I am your-"

Suddenly, Baekhyun's hand was on my mouth. My words were muffled against his pale hand. I glared at him as I pried his long fingers away from me. 

Joonmyeon looked as confused as a deer in headlights. He opened his mouth, but nothing came out. 

Wait...I think I get this now. 

Baekhyun didn't tell his little group of friends that I was tutoring him. He was too embarrassed for his friends to know that someone like me is tutoring him. Heh. How cute.

When I finally had Baekhyun's hand off of my mouth, I decided to blurt out whatever juicy details that I had stored in my mind about our sessions. "Well...Baekhyun was failing his classes. The teachers decided to make me his tutor for three weeks until the fall exams. But, since he failed those too, I'm still his tutor." I grinned when I saw Baekhyun's world drop right before his eyes. 

I felt guilty, though. Baekhyun seemed to want to keep "this" a secret. 

Then again, why should I be sorry for the person who hates my guts?

Joonmyeon stared at the both of us for a long time. He almost seemed frozen. "I see..."

"Hyung, don't tell anyone, okay?! I beg of you!" Baekhyun pleaded, rushing to his precious hyung​.

This is too cute. I really want to laugh. No, I need to laugh.

Joonmyeon chuckled, like a father consulting his son. "Ah, if that's what you want."

Baekhyun sighed in relief. Then, he turned to me, rage in his eyes. "Don't you dare say that aloud again, you loser." 

Ah, yes. The names. How lovely. 

I raised my hands up in defense. "Okay, okay. I'll see you next session~" I sing, loving the way his face contorts in such an uncomfortable way. 

Finally, the annoying Byun walked out the nurses' office. Well, more like stormed out of here.

When it was completely silent, Joonmyeon laughed. I looked at him, almost forgetting that he was here. "Ahh, that Baekhyun sure is a handful, right?"

I blinked. I don't know why I'm so shocked having Joonmyeon talk to me like I'm a regular person. It's like he's some famous idol, or something. I stayed silent, not knowing what to respond with. 

Joonmyeon didn't mind my silence, though. "Him and Chanyeol are the little energy balls that never die down...I'm happy to have them as my friends."

His longing voice, his soft gaze. He's not some out of this world type of guy. He's just a regular person, wanting friendship and care and compassion. 

Like me. 

"Joonmyeon...," I began. He looked back at me. I felt my body heat up. "I...uh...I'm sorry...about earlier. I was judging a book by it's cover, instead of its contents..."

He titled his head to the side. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter