Do Kyungsoo

The Boyfriend List
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

KYUNGSOO

-

(but he needed help.)

NORMAL

A week has passed since the "Jongin Incident", and it seemed as though everything was turning back to how it usually is. 

And, believe it or not, Joohyun actually felt at peace for the first time in a long time. She only worried about her school work and her grades, which was what she was doing before everything happened. And, of course, since she's Joohyun, she was more than content with that.

However, until, she noticed something a little bit more off-setting about Baekhyun's clique. Now, Joohyun isn't the kind to poke her nose in things that don't need her nose-poking into (especially when it came to his clique), but she was really curious and needed answers. 

She noticed how one of the s was a bit more depressed than the others. He seemed to not laugh as much, smile as much, and, matter of fact, he wasn't really himself nowadays. And, the person who she was keeping an eye on was none other than Do Kyungsoo. 

But, Joohyun knows that everyone from Baekhyun's clique (except for Joonmyeon) causes nothing but trouble, since she has dealt with half of them already. So, she really shouldn't be looking into it that much. 

Yet...As she watched Kyungsoo more and more, he seemed a little distant from his friends. Whenever they invited him for a night out, he would always decline and say that he had "plans". Joohyun isn't stupid, so she saw right through that one. But, since the rest of them are complete morons, they did, and said that they may be able to hang out some other time. 

But, there was never "another time." 

Every time the boys did invite Kyungsoo, he would always decline. Joohyun couldn't believe that those idiots couldn't see right through him. It was getting a bit annoying, and agitating. 

So, because she's Joohyun, she rung up Seulgi one late night. Finally, after a few rings, Seulgi answered. "Ugh, Joohyun! What do you want? I was in the middle of talking to Wendy!" she exclaimed, aggravated. 

Joohyun rolled her eyes. "Just one quick question, okay?"

Seulgi groans. "Okay, fine. But I don't have all day! I left Wendy on hold, and she may hang up if she realizes I left for good," she pouts, frowning. 

"Well..."

"Oh, no here it comes..."

"Wait, it's not what you think," the amber haired girl interferes as she becomes more flustered. "It's just...well..." She didn't know how to exactly say it without Seulgi thinking that she likes Kyungsoo, which is not even remotely close. Joohyun's just worried, is all. "You know Do Kyungsoo...right?"

It was silent for a few moments until Seulgi gasped loudly in her friend's ear. Joohyun flinched at the sudden noise. "No freaking way, Joohyun! You like-"

"No, I don't like him," she interrupted calmly because she knew exactly what she was going to say. "Hear me out, alright? And please don't interrupt."

Seulgi sighs exasperatedly. "Fine, go ahead before I change my mind and leave you."

Joohyun nodded more to herself than her. "Like I was saying...I've been kind of keeping my eye on Kyungsoo lately and-" She heard her gasp again, "-not in that way-" Seulgi whimpered, "-and...he seems a bit distant from the rest of his bull friends...I don't know why it bothers me so much to the point of me...talking about it," she mumbled, averting her gaze to her carpeted floor. "What should I do...?"

"Uh, not get involved, that's what you should do," Seulgi retorts. "You know that saying, 'Curiosity kills the cat'. Something wrong is going to happen in the outcome - I can feel it, Joohyun."

Joohyun frowned. "How?"

She snickered. "I have Best Friend Instinct."

Joohyun rolled her eyes. "Please..."

Suddenly, the girl on the end turned stern. "But I'm serious. Just ignore it and move on. He may just not be feeling good these days or something. This cold weather can make anyone feel like , ya know?"

Joohyun nodded uncertainly. She didn't know why, but she didn't want to listen to her. She had to find out why Kyungsoo is acting so weird, even if it'll get her into trouble that she didn't want to deal with later. Yet, she knew if she told this to Seulgi, she'll be upset and complain about how she never listens to her and such. So, she just kept it to herself. 

"Anyways, I'm going to go talk to my honey again," Seulgi cheered, giggling to herself. "Goodnight!" 

"Night."

That next day, Joohyun was hiding behind a wall as she spies on the one who's been clouding her mind for the past week. 

She knew that this is creepy, and kind of wrong, but she's doing this for a cause. She decided that she'll give this one a chance, and see if he's secretly Joonmyeon - kind and considerate. Or if he's just a complete like the rest of them. 

So, as she watched Kyungsoo go to his locker and open it, she memorizes his locker number. She waits until he leaves the area completely before sneaking to his locker. She had a note ready for him to read once the next period ends. She just hopes that he won't completely bail on her - she wants this to work. 

After she slipped the note through the narrow slits on the locker, she quickly moved away before anyone caught onto what she was doing. It was more stressful than she thought - slipping a note into someone's locker, that is. She doesn't understand how Joonmyeon did those things so easily without someone on his back. 

Finally, the next period ended, and it was time for her dreaded mission to start. 

Joohyun stood at her hiding spot where she spied on him and waited for him to get to his locker. Once Kyungsoo began walking to his locker, she started getting anxious. 

He opened it, and the letter floated out. At first, he ignored it as he began placing his belongings in it, and Joohyun lost all hope. However, he bent down and picked it up, frowned, and was ready to throw back into his locker. It may have just been another stupid love letter, and he didn't want to waste his time reading it. But, then, he stopped himself, and Joohyun felt hopeful again. He sighed to himself before unfolding it and scanning over it. 

Meet me at the rooftop. 

Joohyun wanted to keep it simple of course. 

Kyungsoo read it over again and again, as if he didn't get the clear message. He sighed louder this time and threw the note in his locker. He wondered if he should really go and waste his time. But, after realizing that he had nothing else better to do, he began walking to the stairs that go to the roof. 

Joohyun wanted to celebrate at her success thus far, but she still had much more to do. Since she didn't want Kyungsoo knowing that this is her who made the note, she took an alternative way to the rooftop, and she was relieved to see that she arrived before Kyungsoo. 

Once he did, however, he froze at the first sight of her. He was shocked to see the girl who he used to make fun of with his friends right in front of him. Then, his eyes narrowed as he began to feel upset. "What the hell? What are you doing here? If you're here to confess to me, don't even waste your breath. I would never go out with someone like you," he spits out, rolling his eyes to the side.

Joohyun ignored his hurtful words. Instead, a smile bloomed on her face. When he looked at her, he was surprised to see a grin plastered on her face instead of seeing her face redden in either anger or embarrassment. He felt even more irritated. "No...I'm here to help you," she stated simply. A cold drift swept by, blowing some fallen leaves off of the rooftop and into the air where they all danced together. 

Kyungsoo grimaced in obvious disgust. "Help me? Why would I need help? And especially from you?" he retorts, hoping to turn her away. But, she wasn't having it and he almost wanted to scream. 

She stayed still in her spot, not wanting to provoke him anymore. "Just...please, let me help you. You can talk to me if you really need it, you know."

He felt his face heat up upon hearing her words. No one has ever told that to him - in fact, no one bothered to even notice his current state. But, he couldn't get flattered right now. He had to turn her away so much to the point of her never talking to him again. He certainly did not want to be seen talking to her by his friends. "What would you know, you loser?" he hisses. She began gritting her teeth together. He smirked at seeing her becoming slightly disarranged. "Why don't you stay out of my business before I do something that you wouldn't really like." With that, he flashed her a glare before walking away, and rushing down the staircase. 

Meanwhile, all Joohyun could think about was helping him, and at least having him talk to her with side-eyeing her. 

I have to do this, or it'll bother me until I graduate. 

So, that's exactly what Joohyun did. 

She began provoking him and bothering him into trying to talk to him. Every time it was passing time, she would come up to him and start saying how much she wants to help him. Then, he would hiss at her to stay away from him. 

Even when he did that, she still kept at it. And, it annoyed Kyungsoo to no end. 

But, she could see that it was working. Because, at the end of the week, he finally broke.

"You know what - fine! I'll tell you! Just stop bothering me, would ya?" he exclaimed angrily. Her face brightened and nodded. He sighed before taking her wrist. She was shocked because she would've never thought that Do Kyungsoo would even come close to her, let alone him touching her. "I just don't want to be seen talking to you, or I'll never have the end of it."

She frowned. Of course...

After that, they two arrived at a cafe that was fairly far from the school. Kyungsoo said that he didn't want to tempt the possibilities. Joohyun just went with it. 

Joohyun began, "So...Now, will you tell me what's wrong?"

Kyungsoo narrowed his eyes. "One question. How did you even know? Were you stalking me, or something?"

She shook her head and calmly answered, "No, but I saw how distant you were, and since I'm a nice person, I decided that you need someone to talk to."

"That's stalking."

"No it's not!" she exclaimed, flustered. 

This garnered the attention of everyone else in the cafe, and once she noticed this, her face started to burn. He smirked at the reaction. "Nice one."

"J-just...answer my qu-question," she stammered out, lowering herself in the seat. 

Kyungsoo sighed. "I guess I should tell you since this is the main reason why this started, huh?" He stopped to take a breath, and continued. "It's just..."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter