Kim Jongdae

The Boyfriend List
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

JONGDAE

-

(but it was only one night.)

JOOHYUN

"I don't mean any harm," they whisper into my ear. I shiver when their warm breath touches my cold skin. "This is gonna be the best night of your life."

The only thing that I could think about in that moment is if I'm going to die tonight or not. But, once I feel their grip around me tighten, I start to wonder if this really is my last moments. Everything was happening too fast for me to register it all. 

In short, I'm terrified for my life. 

Their hold on my body tightens even more, and it leaves me breathless. I scream against their mouth, but of course, it comes unheard to the outside world. My eyes begin to water from both the pain of their grip and my current thoughts of possible death. This is crazy - what am I supposed to do? I don't know what they're capable of. They may have a gun or a knife or something or they make knock me out if I make any sudden moves, so it'll be stupid to do something bold. 

I'll just have to obey and see what'll happen.

They start walking me to a car that's a few feet away from us. My breathing is heavy against their hand and I start to feel slick from tears and sweat. They open the door before throwing me inside. I find that someone is sitting on my left, and when I try to move over, someone climbs into the right side. This makes the two of them squeeze me into the middle. I can barely move and my heart is at its course. 

Finally, I'm able to produce words. "Wh-what's going o-on?!" I stammer out, my own tears choking me up. "Please - let me go h-home! Please! I beg you!" 

The person who dragged me into the car, who is now sitting in the drivers' seat, looks back at me. His plump lips rise into a smirk, his eyes darkening. I start trembling - shaking like some wet dog. I can hardly see since my eyes are so watery and my throat is stopped up. I feel hopeless - I can't do anything. I'm trapped.

These people...They want something from me. Whether it be my life or something more materialistic - it is in their hands to steal. 

The stranger in the drivers' seat speaks up. "No can do, because then, you won't be able to witness the fun we'll have tonight." His smirk got wider and I was on the brink of having a total mental breakdown - if I wasn't having one already. However, he continues, "...Joohyun," he almost sings my name. 

My eyes widen in surprise and definite fear. My voice, hoarse and weak, spoke up once more, "H-how do you know my n-name?!" 

The stranger scoffs, as if I'm stupid. I narrow my eyes. "We go to the same school," he says, his voice still very playful and carefree. He sounds very condescending and it makes me despise him more. 

"I-I've never seen you around...," I mutter out. 

He stares at me before glancing at the two other strangers next to me. Then, they all burst into laughter. My eyebrows raise, and I can feel my eyes burn once again. "That's a good thing," he says in between laughter. 

I furrow my brow this time. "What's your name?" I say sternly, almost demanding to know. 

He rolls his eyes before turning around, facing the steering wheel. He says, "You talk too much." With that, he starts up the car. Then, all of a sudden, he pushes off swiftly, sending me back to the seat. 

My skin feels hot and there's dread rushing through my blood. I can't even imagine the things these three could do with me. Just thinking about it makes me break down into sobs.

I lower my head as tears plop onto my dress, leaving notable stains. Sweat covers every pore of my body - I feel almost soaked. 

Suddenly, I feel a hand on my arm, and that hands slides down, making my skin tingle. I quickly look up to the stranger on my right with wide eyes. "It's okay, baby," he says, a smirk evident on his face. 

I glare at him, jerking my arm away from his touch. My face burns with anger. "Don't touch me," I hiss out.

All three of them laugh again, even though there's nothing funny! How could they laugh when they see me in such a miserable state? They know I'm crying, shaking, whimpering, petrified - yet they laugh! 

This is a nightmare - an absolute nightmare! 

I can't take it anymore. These people are almost inhumane - kidnapping someone, laughing at their physical and mental state. So, with all the anger built inside of me, I lunge myself at the driver. 

However, I'm immediately restricted by the two strangers next to me. My back slams into the backseat, and I lose my breath. I quickly regain it, screaming, "Let go of me!" I try to fight my way out of their monster hold, but they're far too strong than I could ever be. "You guys are sick! So very sick! If you think this is fun, you're demented!" I'm panting - out of breath, out of energy. I meant everything I said, though. I don't care at this point - I'm probably on the brink of dying anyways. It's obvious they find this entertaining, and it makes me sick to my stomach. 

Yet, they laugh once more. I want to slap those sly smirks off their faces - especially the one driving. Something about him just makes me want to punch him.

"We know how sick we are - you don't need to remind us," he speaks, his voice still airy from laughing. 

I just stayed quiet. I'm speechless. These monsters...

Suddenly, the car jerks with immediate speed. I'm thrown back once more. The two strangers hold my arms, restricting me from moving even just a little bit. We're going so fast - why are we going so fast?!

I lift my head over the driver's shoulder to glance at the speed dial. He was passing 60 mph, which is very fast. My heart rate started up again as I watched the knob getting higher and higher, almost hitting 80. 

This is it. 

This is the end.

We're going to end up crashing because of how fast we're going. 

I could feel more tears rushing down my face. I lowered my head, sobbing silently into my chest. 

"What are you crying for, baby? We're just getting started," the person to my left said. They squeezed my arm afterwards, as if they were trying to assure me, but I just felt disgusted. 

I didn't do anything. I'm too exhausted and drained. I know it's over. I know I'll just be a body on the ground soon, totally forgotten and worthless. 

"Hey! Go faster!" one of the strangers yelled out to the driver. 

My heart jumps and I almost immediately look back up. Gasping, I beg, "Please no! Please don't go any faster! I-I don't want to die - have mercy! Please have mercy!"

However, my pleads were white words. He slammed his foot on the gas pedal, and the car lurches further. The strangers all cheer and howl in glee - they think this is fun.

At this point, I begin praying. I think about all of the people who've made my life as amazing as it could be up till this point. Seulgi, Joonmyeon, Mom...I couldn't ask for better people - better friends. 

I'm going to miss you all. I love you...Don't forget about me...

But, we stop. 

We stop out of nowhere. 

The two beside me cheer some more, boasting about how fun that was. Then, they turn to me, teasing, "Ahahaha! Did you see how scared she got?!" 

I'm so numb; I don't respond. My head is lowered as tears plopped onto my dress more and more, leaving the cloth totally soaked. Suddenly, someone grabs a hold of my chin, forcing my head up. I'm face to face with the driver. He notices how ed up I am. Sweat and tears douse my face which makes my hair stick to my skin awkwardly. I feel hot, but my skin cold is completely frozen. My body won't stop trembling from fear and adrenaline, and my breathing is obviously heavier than a dog after its run. My eyes are wet with fresh tears, yet dull from exhaustion. 

However, he ignores it all, and smirks at me. I swallow, my throat parched and patchy. "You better stop crying. We've still got plenty of time." Then, he stares into my eyes. I take note of how sinister he looked overall. 

His dark eyes are lined with equally dark eyeliner, making them look even more terrifying. His jet black hair is messy and tossed, looking as if he just woke up. But, his skin contrasts greatly with the dark exterior. He's paler than a cloud. 

Finally, he lets go of my chin. He motions to the two guys next to me. "Let's go."

With that, we all get out of the car. The two strangers still hold onto me harshly, not planning of ever letting me go. 

In front of me was a bar. There's crowds of people I've never seen before, conversing and laughing. It seems as though they are either smoking or drinking, or both. They all wore black clothing, matching with the darkness of the night. Just from looking at them I feel intimidated. 

I don't want any part of it. But, I couldn't run away because these two jackasses have their hold tight on me. 

We follow after the driver. We walk into the bar, and different people walk by greeting all of them. I take note that the people call the driver Chen. I wonder...Is that his real name? Or just some alias he goes by?

Then, someone randomly hands him a half-full beer bottle. He chugs it quickly, but leaves a little. He gestures the bottle to me, but I shake my head. Never will I drink underage like these troublemakers. Never will I be a part of this type of crowd. All they do is get high and drunk and party and gamble and get in trouble with the law. 

It sickens me to the core.

When "Chen" sees that I denied it, he handed it to the stranger on my left. He chugs it down just like his friend. 

We begin following Chen again until we end up in a room. The room stinks of drugs and is extremely smokey. I cough from inhaling too much. 

I realize there's a guy sitting in a chair in front of us. He has brown hair and an angelic face. But, I know he's anything but angelic just from the joint he's holding in his fingertips. 

"Hey, Lay," Chen greets as he does a handshake with him. 

Lay...So, they do use fake names. I guess they don't trust each other enough to give out their real names. 

Lay notices me, our eyes connecting. I froze under his gaze. 

He smiles at me. My face heatens. "Say...Who is that lady over there?"

Chen glances at me for a split second until looking back at Lay. "Oh. That's Joohyun." His lips quirk into another sly smirk. "I'll be taking her around with me, Doyoung, and Jinseo for the night." 

Doyoung and Jinseo must be the two guys holding me. 

However, Lay didn't take his eyes off of me. Instead, he only stared harder, analyzing my disarranged image. The sweat and tears practically showering my face, my damp and sticky hair, my wavering gaze - nothing came unnoticed. 

He smiled softly. "Chen...Don't terrify the girl too much. It'll be shame if such a beautiful lady like her gets a heart attack from all of this." His eyes warmed as he said that. My face heats more just from his expression. 

Chen cackled in response. "No promises."

With that, he gestures for us to follow him again. We exit the smokey room and stand in the hallway. Finally, I'm able to produce words once more. "What is this?! Why are you doing this to me?! Who even are you people?!" I shout, not caring who heard.

Chen stops in his tracks. He turns slowly, his lips still in a smirk. He walks close to me, and I freeze, wondering what he's going to do. He's a mere inch away from me, and I can feel his body heat on my skin. My breathing gets heavy and my heart begins aggressively pounding. He's so close - too close.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter