Park Chanyeol

The Boyfriend List
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHANYEOL

-

(but he wasn't even serious about it.)

JOOHYUN

It was the beginning of the school year. I'm in my tenth year, and I already can't wait to get out of here. 

During the summer break, all I did was study, eat, sleep, and think. I just think about the future, especially since I know that soon, I'll be an adult with adult responsibilities and all the likes. 

In school, I don't have much friends. I sit alone at lunch sometimes, and I'm kinda anti-social.

I'm just that girl named Joohyun who people go to for answers on their homework. I'm just that girl named Joohyun who everyone ignores because of how much a loner I am. I'm just that girl named Joohyun...

I don't mind it though. It helps me get out of unnecessary things like fights or arguments. Just thinking about it is my making my stomach churn in an uncomfortable twist. 

"Hyuna!" 

I heard my mom call from downstairs. I don't know where she got that weird nickname from; she started calling me that when I was younger. "What?" I answer, hopping down the stairs.

"Do you want me to drive you to dance practice afterschool?" she asked, not giving me eye contact since she so focused on her K-drama. 

Ah. Dance. One of the few things that I like doing. I started doing dance when I was around ten. Mom put me in dancing classes because I was interested in seeing all these famous Idols on television dancing and singing and having fun. I do admit: I wanted to be an Idol when I grew up. But that dream is long gone in my memories from when I was younger. 

"Yeah. That'll be nice," I answer. "Well, Mom, I'll be going to school now." I take my pink backpack from the couch, walk over to Mom, give her a kiss on her cheek, and rush out the door. 

I usually walk to school because taking the bus is a complete drag. There's not enough seats, it's so loud, people are in your personal business, and you're either getting hit with something or you're the person hitting them. It's so annoying. 

So, walk in peace while listening to music, or, ride the bus and get disrupted GREATLY? 

Exactly. 

"Joohyun!" 

Just as I was about to put my earbuds in my ears, I heard my name being called from a familiar voice. I turned, and there was my one (and only) friend, Seulgi. I smiled. "Hey," I greet with a quiet voice.

Seulgi and I have been friends since the earliest of times. Before we became close, she actually annoyed the living crap out of me. She was loud, hyper, and she loved to pick on me. But, then, after years have went by, I found out that all she wanted to do was be my friend. I felt guilty for pushing her away and I decided to be friends with her. She's probably the only person who I can trust. 

"You walking?" she asked when she ran up to me. 

I nod. "You know that."

"Oh, I was just about to take the bus! I'm glad I didn't," she grins.

"Out of the way, losers!" someone calls. We quickly turn only to find a group of hooligans run in between us. I can notice that one of them is Park Chanyeol because of how big his ears were.

I've only known Chanyeol for a few months now. He's a bit well-known around school. He's tall, handsome, and completely a Happy Virus.

One downfall about Park Chanyeol? Well...He doesn't know I exist. But I can understand. I am that girl named Joohyun, after all.

"Hey, watch it next time!" Seulgi threatens, scowling. "Geez...They may be hot but they are such idiots."

I nod, "Yeah."

"Oooh~ I saw that one of them was Chanyeol~" She wiggles her eyebrows at me. 

I sigh, "What about him?"

"You should ask him out!" she exclaims as we begin walking again.

I rolled my eyes. "Why should I?"

"Joohyun, you're smart, gorgeous, and you're not like the other girls! You just never give yourself enough credit." Seulgi frowns at me. 

I stare at her for a long time. She stares back. That's until I burst into laughters. She narrows her monolid eyes at me. "What's so funny?" she asks. 

"Seulgi, you have no idea," I just leave it at that. 

"Oh my, gosh! Just do it! He may even say yes!" 

Why does she care so much? Chanyeol is way out of my league. He's so out of my league that he's no where near where I stand. He gets girlfriends every week, so it's not even a serious thing. "No. Simple as that," I dead-panned.

"Joohyunnnnn~" 

"Whaaaat?" I rolled my eyes again. "Can we just get to the school? I really don't want to be late to classes."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter