Mentality.

New Flame.
sacSUyr.jpg
Chapter 8

"Come on, hurry up." Hyungwon's grip on his steering wheel tightened immensibly as he waited for the line of cars to get out of his way. 

Hyungwon was currently on his way to Wonho's home. Despite bieng in said "argument," there was absolutely nothing more that would keep Hyungwon away from his best friend if he knew the other was in trouble. Although Hyungwon wished the timing would have been different, there was no helping it. 

"Move already..." Hyungwon sighed. 

One would have thought that since it was pouring outside, everyone would be home, sipping on their hot chocolates. But this was Seoul they were talking about, the city that never sleeps. Hyungwon let out a sigh. He'd have to relax if he wanted to help anyone. He leaned forward and the music to the local station. The station began playing a song he was way too familiar with; and although it should have angered him since it was Nayeon's favorite song, he found comfort in it. 

"Rain...magamakhan nal yongseohae...seulpeun yeonghwae modu uljin anhayo....Rain, gibune ttara geudaega joko sirko haeyo geunde..." Hyungwon tapped his steering wheel gently as the traffic began to move gently. The corners of his mouth drew up in a small smile. "The power of lim kim..." He chuckles to himself as he finally gets to Wonho's house. 

Hyungwon parks in the garage, next to Wonho's unused car and makes his way in from the garage door. "Wonho?" Hyungwon begins to call out. 

The house is quiet and Hyungwon begins to worry. "Wonho, where are you?" Hyungwon checks the rooms closest to him before walking out into the living area. "Wonho!" Hyungwon is shocked to find Wonho in the state he was in. "Wonho, are you alright? Please, say something if you can." 

Wonho's hair was dripping wet, along with his clothes. He was burning up and his lips where a pale blue. 

"Oh no, oh no."

"Hyu..." Wonho coughed violently. "Call an ambulance." He finished weakly. 

Hyungwon fished out his phone and dialed the hospital as quickly as he possibly could. "Hello. Yes, I need some help. My friend just came home, and he's running a very high fever. I think he was out in the rain....address. Yes, of course." Hyungwon gave the person on the other end the information they needed and hung up the phone. "Wonho I'm going to have to get you out of those clothes." 

Wonho gave a nod and Wonho stood, walking toward the storage room. He came back to Wonho's side and began slicing the clothes off with scissors, in which Hyungwon would know when Wonho was more sane, he'd get a whole lecture about. When most of Wonho's clothes was off, Hyungwon brought him a blanket and helped him to the couch. 

"Wonho, stay with me, they'll be here any minute." Hyungwon stood straight and looked at Wonho who had his eyes shut, although he was still shivering. 

"Hyun...Hyungwon...I'm so-so-sorry fo-for every-th-thing." Wonho wheezed.

"Shh, Don't talk. It's okay, I understand Wonho." Hyungwon looked into Wonho's eyes. He could see how hurt and how much this situation had affected him. "You don't have to worry about anything." Hyungwon smiled. 

Wonho shut his eyes and tried to focus on his breathing. Knocking on the door claimed Hyungwon's thoughts and he stood to open the front door. "He's on the couch." He told the paramedic. 

The paramedics ran over to Wonho and Hyungwon stood where he was, to allow the paramedics to do their job. They wadled around him for a few minutes, taking his medical information before looking over at Hyungwon again. 

"Sir, we're going to have to take him to the hospital. It looks like he's having a servere case of Pneumonia, would you happen to know if he's had Pneumonia before?" 

Hyungwon paused to think. "Well, yes, but only once when he was four." 

"Was it as severe?" 

"He had to be hospitalized." Hyungwon recalled. 

"Will you be riding with him?"

"Yes, of course."

The paramedic nodded and ushered everyone back over to the ambulance. Once inside, Hyungwon had to admit, it was the longest, and only ambulance ride he'd been in. Little did he ever think he'd be in a scenario like this, and with Wonho! He shook his head. Even though he had been trying to teach his friends a lesson, it seemed that maybe he was the wrong one. All of the things that had been happening to Wonho were beginning to add up. 

 

 "I think I...may like Nayeon."  Hyungwon whispers. 

"O-Oh..." Wonho looks down at his unfinished food and bites down on his lower lip. "Does...Does she know?" He looks back at Hyungwon.

Hyungwon shakes his head. "No, she likes you." He sighs. 

"W-What? What do you mean she likes me?" 

"Jeongyeon told me. They are pretty close after all..." 

"No. You like her right?"

Hyungwon nods.

"Then I'm going to help you out." Wonho stands up. 'I'm going to push my feelings for her aside' He thought. "I'm going to tell her that I don't like her. And that I don't want anything to do with her. You need to be there to take care of the rest, okay?" Wonho picks up his backpack. 

"I- don't know how to thank you." Hyungwon smiled at his best friend.

"Don't worry about it." Wonho returned the smile and walked out of the cafeteria. 

-

"It worked." Hyungwon smiled.

"Great man, I'm glad for you." Wonho grinned. "When can we double date?" 

"You...have a grilfriend?"

"Well not a girlfriend, she's more of like a fling." Wonho shrugged.

"You've never...wanted something just to have it. Why are you starting now?"

"Hyungwon, I can't let you jump ahead." Wonho chuckled. 

-

"This..is Mina." Wonho grinned, giving the female a sloppy kiss in front of the couple.

"Nice to meet you..." Nayeon scrunched her nose. 

"Yeah. Wonho can we talk?" Hyungwon rubbed his nape.

Wonho pulls away from Mina's lips with an audible 'pop' sound and looks up at Hyungwon. "Sure." Wonho's arms leave Mina's waist and he gives her neck a small kiss before he whispers something into her ear that makes her giggle. "After you princess." Wonho answers Hyungwon, urging him to take the lead. 

The two walk off to the side.

"What are you doing?" Hyungwon asks.

"What?" Wonho shrugs. "I'm just having a little fun.

"Does she know that?" 

"Of course she does."

"This is the fifth girl this week."

"Ohhh, you don't have to worry Wonnie~ I'm a grown man, I know what I'm doing." Wonho squished Hyungwon's cheeks together as if he was a child. 

Hyungwon pushed Wonho away. "Stop that. You just need to becareful Wonho. You're not...you're not acting like yourself." 

"Lighten up." Wonho smirked as he walked back over to Mina.

-

"Tzuyu?" 

Tzuyu removed herself from Wonho's body and looked at the figure in the doorway. "Nayeon, hi!" She beamed. 

"Wonho?" Hyungwon cleared his throat to get his best friends attention.

"Sup." Wonho bobbed his head. 

"Oh, Nayeon, you know Wonho?" 

"What are you doing here Tzuyu?" Nayeon stepped closer. 

"I wouldn't do that." Wonho called out.

Nayeon stopped in her place and bit at her lip. The sight of the two on his couch, nothing covering either despite the blanket. "I'm very dissapointed in you Tzuyu." Nayeon spat with an unreadable expression and walked out of the house. 

"I just came by for my controller." Hyungwon sighed and walked over to the game console. He picked up his remote controller and headed for the door. "I'll see you at school." Hyungwon waved a hand to the two and walked out. 

When he reached the car, he wasn't surprised to see a fuming Nayeon.

"WHO DOES SHIN HOSEOK THINK HE IS? HE IS ING A MINOR! SHE'S JUST A FRESHMAN!"

"Nae, can you calm down? That's his business, she consented." 

-

"Dahyun meet-"

"OKAY, WHAT THE HELL, I'M LEAVING. BYE."  Nayeon her heels. 

"Wonho..." Hyungwon sighs and runs after his girlfriend.

"Nayeon and I already know each other darling." Dahyun gives a soft smile over to Wonho.

"You do?" Wonho hums. "Okay." 

 

Come to think of it, he didn't really act much like himself around other girls either. Hyungwon looked down at his friend on the gernie. 

"Wonho, what exactly are you going through..." Hyungwon whispered to himself. 

"Mmh..." Wonho groaned.

"Good evening, beautiful." Hyungwon chuckled.

"Hyung..won?" Wonho turned his head to the voice.

"How do you feel?"

"Like I've been hit by a car, thrown into a fire pit and burried in snow." Wonho grins. "It's good to see you. God knows how much I've missed seeing your y face." He teases.

"Shut up." Hyungwon laughs. 

"How bad was I?" 

"Pneoumonia." Hyungwon sighs. 

Wonho nods his head. "Nayeon left today." 

"What does she have to do with any of this?"

"I went to meet her before all of this happened. Her mental capability is blown...she was going to kill herself Hyungwon...I called her parents, and I told them everything."

"She's...no, that can't be true..."

"They're taking her abroad to see a really good doctor. They think she can help Nayeon." Wonho pauses to look at Hyungwon. "She's going to be alright, okay? She's getting the help she needs." Wonho presses a gentle hand over Hyungwons. 

"When is she coming back?" 

"I don't know Hyungwon...but I think I'm in the same boat..." 

"what do you-"

"I have something I need to tell you."

When Hyungwon didn't answer Wonho took a breath and averted his gaze. "I think I may have...a multiple personality disorder." 

Hearing the words come out of Wonho's mouth were like being burried alive under a heaping pile of sand. He suddenly felt like he was suffocating. 

"Are you...sure."

"Breathe Hyungwon." Wonho cackled, and followed up with an unhealthy sounding cough. 

"This isn't funny."

"I'm not joking, but I am going to seek help."

"How did it all start?" 

"I never thought I was good enough Hyungwon. Not for my mom, not for my dad, not for school, not for Nayeon, and definitely not for you." Wonho looks up at the ceiling. He calls himself Minhyuk." 

 

Author's note

Here's the next chapter! Let me know what you're thinking in the comments below, and don't forget to upvote!~