You Control The Tempo.

New Flame.
sacSUyr.jpg
Chapter 3

Wonho arrives at school the next day and heads straight to the part of the building where he knew Nayeon would be. Throughout the years, he'd figured out that Nayeon loves to be at school an hour earlier than what was necessary, when no one else could disturb her from rehersing in the dance practice room. Hyungwon and her would record a new video twice a month for their collab channel, and it just so happened that today they'd be filming the video at lunch. When Wonho got to the room, he peered through the glass door and watches Nayeon move to the beat of the music. Wonho grins. His hand covers the doorknob whole, and with a slight twist he pushes the door open, the music meets his ears, flooding the otherwise quite hall with sick beats. Nayeon hadn't noticed that Wonho was in the room until his reflection in the mirror demands her gaze. She freezes in her spot and slowly turns to him as the song comes to an end.

"W...Wonho, what are you doing here?" She stiffens up in her spot.

Having just gotten out of the shower before he rushed straight to school, Wonho runs a hands through his damp hair. "I thought I'd stop by and see the progress you've made." He pockets his hands and moves forward, inching closer to Nayeon.

Nayeon steps back a pace as Wonho begins to step into her personal bubble. "Yeah, but you're sort of distracting me right now Wonho." Her eyes dart down to the ground and her cheeks redden just a tad, he notes.

"Me? Distracting you? Oh please, Nayeon. I already know that I'm dangerously good looking. I thought you were immune to my hotness?" He chuckles, playfully teasing her.

"Wonho, I can't practice if you're talking to me." Nayeon brushes a strand of hair behind her ear and she turns back to face the mirror.

"Do you need a stand in?"

"A stand i- No, I'm perfectly fine on my own. Thank you very much." Nayeon makes a move toward the stereo system.

"How are you supposed to be efficient when your moves depend on someone elses?" Wonho meets her, ultimately blocking her path to the system.

Nayeon pauses, thinking about what to come back with. When she doesn'tt say anything Wonho presses on.

"Come on. Watching you two practice a hundred times over, I know the whole routine enough to keep up with you." Wonho walks over to the her phone that had been connected to the speakers and hit the play button. Wonho drops his bag onto the ground and makes his way back over to his starting mark.

With a sigh, Nayeon moves back over to her starting mark as well. "Wonho, the dance moves are complicated... I don't think you can-"

"On the contrary..." Wonho moves around Nayeon as the choreography requires. "I'm aware of all the complications the choreography holds." He took a hold of Nayeon's hand and spins her into his arms.

Nayeon looks Wonho in the eyes and bites down lightly on her bottom lip to keep from saying something she would regret. Wonho grins, leaning his face in a bit closer before flinging Nayeon back out onto her feet. Wonho's goal was to as much as he could, to make her want him as much as possible. So while they went through the choreography, Wonho made sure every move, and that every hit was over the top. He sought out as much skinship as he possibly could and moved closely, mirroring her.

As the song came to a close once again, Wonho speaks up. "I think you're more than ready Nayeon." He breathes, their noses pressed together. Wonho could feel the tension that Nayeon had been radiating as his eyes watchs her lips. She's panting hard from the intense dance moves and too flabbergasted by Wonho's performance that she's at a  loss of words. Wonho rips his gaze from her and looks to the clock before stepping away from her, cutting short their moment. "Your boyfriend should be here soon." He smiled, knowing he'd succeeded at what he was trying to get from her.

His hand lingers in hers for a few more seconds before he pulls it away. "I'll stop by to see you guys at lunch." He winks before turning to retrieve his backpack. Wonho hears Nayeon's footsteps behind him and just like he's planned, she stops him.

"Wonho."

Wonho pauses and looks back at her. "Yes?"

"I- Thank you for standing in for Hyungwon this morning. He's usually not this late when it comes to recording days..I just...I had no idea you were that good of a dancer either. I would have asked you to participate in our dances a lot sooner." She avoids eye contact, but what catches his eyes are her fidling fingers. Of all the years he'd known Nayeon, the only times she'd done that were when she was flusterd or nervous. Right now, she must have been both.

"There's a lot of things you don't know about me Nayeon. Maybe you should take time out to get a bit more familiar." Wonho secures his backpack in place and leaves her with that thought. He's just made it through the arts corridor when he see's his best friend rounding the corner.

"Wonho! Have you s-"

"Your girlfriend is in the dance practice room." Wonho answeres Hyungwon, without stopping.

"Hmm..." Hyungwon frowned as he began to head toward the practice room.

Wonho walks briskly out of his classroom and begins to make his way toward the dance practice room. He'd been running a little late, and hoped he could get there before Hyungwon and Nayeon started recording. When he arrives, he was relieved to find Nayeon alone, running the last part of the dance once more. 

"Say, what's a pretty girl doing alone right before the big shoot?" Wonho winks as her eyes catch those of his own.

"Stop it, Wonho." Nayeon sighs, stopping the music at once. "What are you doing here anyway? This is closed filming, you should know that more than anyone else." She gazes around at the crowd that's started to form outside of the room. 

"Hey, when a hot girl is going to dance, you can assume that all the guys who want her are going to drop by." He points over at the door frame where multiple people peer in to see the show.

Nayeon snorts, "So, what? Are you also classifying yourself as one of those guys who want me too?"

"I- What?" Wonho his head to one side, cought completely off guard by her boldness. "Excuse me?" 

"Do you find me attractive, Shin Hoseok?" Nayeon looks at Wonho with courage, challenging him.

"Nayeon -"

"I'm dating your best friend Wonho, this can not happen. Not now, not ever." 

"I-"

"No. It's too late for any of this. I poured my heart out to you two years ago and-"

"Hey. Sorry, I'm late. Am I interrupting something here?" Hyungwon cuts in, looking from both Wonho and his girlfriend.

Wonho shakes his head as he rips his gaze from Nayeon to look at Hyungwon. "Nah man, just came by to wish ya'll some luck." 

"Why do we need the luck all of a sudden?" Hyungwon stands next to his girlfriend.

"Just forget it." Wonho shrugs. "I try to be nice and it doesn't work out either way. I'll go now." Wonho waves a hand and leaves the dance practice room once and for all. 

Nayeon watches closely as he leaves the room. When she begins to dance with Hyungwon, she notices that his movements are more stiff than usual. Seconds turn to minutes and minutes turn into an hour, their lunch time was nearly up and they hadn't gotten a single shot worth using. 

"Stop..." Nayeon sighs, pushing the bangs out of her face. She'd grown rather frustrated with having to perform the same steps over and over.

"What?" Hyungwon groans. "What did I do wrong this time?"

"You're just not doing it right! I thought you said you practiced it." 

"Babe, I practice everyday, five to eight hours a day on this stupid song. What am I doing wrong that you're not satisfied with?"

"If you say you practice as much as you do, why are you missing all the hits and key points?" Nayeon shuts off the camera, disgruntled. "Why is it so hard for you to nail a single move. Why can't you dance more like-!" Nayeon shuts herself up before the name slips past her lips.

"Like who? Like Wonho?"

"Hyungwon..." 

"Do you like him?"

Nayeon pauses, shaking her head. "Really? Is this what it's all about?" She laughs. "I thought you were more mature than this Hyungwon, really." Nayeon picks up the camera and heads for the door.

"So what? I bring him up and you're just going to shut down and leave? You're not even going to deny it?" Hyungwon follows her toward the door.

"Hyungwon, I am your girlfriend for christ's sake! At least have more faith in me. All Wonho did for me this morning was help me fix the parts of the dance that I was slacking in. Now it's your turn to fix where you're slacking." Nayeon pulls the door opened and rushes out to her locker, passing a certain blonde who was waiting by her locker in the process.

"Trouble in paradise?" Wonho grins.

Great, just the person I want to deal with. Nayeon rolls her eyes. "That's an understatement." Nayeon turns to him. "How dare he. HOW DARE HE!" She throws her backpack into her locker and slams it shut. "He's just soiled my mood, he has." Nayeon presses her back against her locker and slides down into a sitting position.

"Please. If theres something we know it's that Hyungwon is insecure. He knows I'm hotter than he is. So don't take it personal, Nayeon." Wonho relaxes, taking a seat next to her. 

Nayeon pauses.  "I just don't understand..." She looks over at Wonho. 

"What?" 

"Are you doing this on purpose?"

"Mm, what are you talking about?" Wonho shakes his head gently.

"Don't you dare play victim here, you know exactly what you're doing Shin Hoseok. I don't want anything to do with you, I can't have anything to do with you." Nayeon stands up abruptly. "You need to move the on and leave me alone." She says before heading toward the exit.

"Hey, wait a minute." Wonho is on his feet faster than Nayeon can process it. He jogs ahead, stopping her in her path.

"Move." Nayeon comes to a stop.

"Hear me out. Will you?" Wonho chuckles.

"Uhm, hello, are you really finding this funny right now? This isn't funny."

"It's hilarious, because these are things that have never happen to me."

Nayeon snorts. "What cause you're suddenly too good for any of this to happen to you? Because you're better than the rest of us. You're so good that you can't keep a single girl interested long enough for it to happen to you?" 

"Excuse me?" Wonho glares at the female beside him.

"All you do is go around and ruin other peoples' relationships, Wonho. You're useless, and you know what? You're not the one that benefits from any of it. Girls are happy because they get to someone that's good looking, it's something that they can brag about later. You don't matter to them, you're just another notch on their belt. On the other hand, all you get from it is your dumb, one time pleasure. you're always going to be alone at the end Wonho!" Nayeon spat. 

"Well maybe I wouldn't be such a man if the girl I had the slightest feelings for was interested in me the way I was interested in her." Wonho looks away from her momentarily, knowing exactly what he said, shouldn't have been said.

The silence between them grew until finally, she spoke up.

"You idiot...is that supposed to be some sort of joke, because it's not funny." 

"Calm down, I didn't mean you." Wonho whispered his lie.

"Then who?" Nayeon looks at Wonho dead in the eye.

Wrong move. Wonho bit his lower lip and looked at her, lips centimeters away. If the situation wasn't the way it was, he'd have leaned in and devoured her lips.

"You know what? Forget it. It doesn't even matter, I'll never be the guy she chooses anyway if this is how she see's me." Wonho shakes his head, heart heavy and full of hurt, he turns his back to her and begins to walk toward the exit that Nayeon had been walking to in the first place.

For a second, Nayeon doesn't understand, but her body seems to understand fully because she goes after him.Her hand latches around his wrist and makes him face her. Nayeon doesn't let another second pass as she plants her lips onto his. She doesn't know why she's done it. Maybe it was because she said some hurtful things to him, or maybe it was because she actually cared about him...but no matter the reason, she knew it would lead to extreme conflict. 

Nayeon pulls away moments later. Her mind was still lingering on cloud nine, and butterflies had whisked her stomach away. Wonho looks at her with guilt, but wanted nothing more than to be with her. His arms snake around her waist, pulling her body taut against his.

"Please..." He hated what he was going to say next. "Please don't be with him..." The way he said it was full of regret, full of betrayal. "Come with me, Nayeon...just for tonight, please?" Wonho had come the closest he's ever been to having Nayeon to himself, and he begged for her too. He's never begged for anybody.

"Wonho....I- Hyungwon..." She breathed against his neck, eyes shut tight as she fought with her brain to figure out what to do. 

"I know..." Wonho takes her hand as he moves away from her. "I know." And he did know. All of this was wrong, he was doing his best friend wrong. He lets her hand go and takes a step back. "I should go..." He smiles at her and he begins to leave again.

Nayeon shuts her eyes. Her brain was going whack, and it was all over the place. She didn't know what she wanted. 

. She runs out of the school and looks for Wonho eagerly. 

Nayeon didn't have to look far, he had been waiting on the curb for a taxi. She looks him over for a second. His blonde locks flowed with the afternoon breeze, and he'd been looking down at the ground, rather contemplative. Nayeon raises a hand to her lips. She had wished to kiss him for so long...She shook her head as the taxi arrived and she quickly runs over to him, taking his hand. Wonho looks alarmed for a moment, but he settles quickly when she pulls him into the Taxi and vocalized his address to the driver.

Wonho gives Nayeon's hand a squeeze as she sat back, resting her head on his shoulder. Neither of them talked the rest of the ride. However, they both knew the amount of trouble they were going to be in when they arrived at school tomorrow morning.

Author's note

Hey there! Here you have chapter three! I'm sorry it took a while...I've been dealing with all the stress that is my life. Nothing has been going right for me all year, so that s*ck's. Anyway, let me know if you'd like a chapter, or a run down of what happened at Wonho's house in the comments below. Make sure to subscribe and upvote if you're enjoying. Thank you for reading, and have a great day <3